Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC

YoloinOhio

of course, i could be wrong, but i think he's a big media guy who will have a warm reception in NJ but will spiral a bit once things go wrong, which they will.

i don't think young coaches get the fawning media treatment he has without working the media to their advantage.  very smart from a career perspective, but it makes me wonder where their focus is and if they have a different set of personalities for different people.  Mike Ditka in chicago comes to mind.

Media types acting lie they just hired peak Hoody. They can’t not slobber all over the Jets. 

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much defense

And one QB who has recently embarrassed each and every one of them.....

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Watching Jets / Bills games next year are going to be annoying.  During this year's SF game, the announcers talked about how wonderful Saleh is multiple times each quarter despite the Bills dominating the game.

Edited by krf139
  • Like (+1) 2

Well..., we know we can beat his defense, so we got that going for us... 

that and the Johnson clan still makes the decisions, so..., 

he is f ing doomed, 

just sayin,

On 1/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, GunnerBill said:

I said it then and I say it now.... Pederson called some great games in the playoffs but that was a Howie Roseman Superbowl win. Top to bottom one of the most talented and deepest rosters I have seen in my time watching the league, everywhere except probably corner was stacked. The defensive and offensive lines were so deep you could make a starting line for almost any other team out of their 2nd strings.  

It's interesting that they never came close to their Super Bowl year success once Reich left as well...

10 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Pretty cool he is Lebanese like me. Having said that I hope we have the same success we had against his D a month ago for his whole HC tenure!

Because this is a minority hire, the 49ers will get a 3rd round pick in 2021 and a 3rd round pick in 2022.  That is a pretty good compensation for losing a coodinator.  Any chance Daboll has some "Native American" in him or anything? I say we analyze his DNA just to be sure...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

Watching Jets / Bills games next year are going to be annoying.  During this year's SF game, the announcers talked about how wonderful Saleh is multiple times each quarter despite the Bills dominating the game.

Yep 100%, it got irritating.

And the SF defense game plan against the Bills was terrible imo.  I am glad he went to the Jets with the "genius" he displayed versus us.

I always think it is better to go with an up and coming coordinator over a retread, so in that sense the Jets made the right move. But will this pan out? I don't know. I have a feeling this is more likely to end up like a Todd Bowles hire. Probably will win 4-6 games in 2021, then 7 games in 2022 and having a winning season in 2023 9-10 games before having a pair of 6 win seasons in 2024-2025 before being fired. But who knows maybe he can actually turn around their organization. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Because this is a minority hire, the 49ers will get a 3rd round pick in 2021 and a 3rd round pick in 2022.  That is a pretty good compensation for losing a coodinator.  Any chance Daboll has some "Native American" in him or anything? I say we analyze his DNA just to be sure...

Wait a minute...the team that loses a minority HC/GM gets the picks?  I thought it was the team that hired the minority?

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

Wait a minute...the team that loses a minority HC/GM gets the picks?  I thought it was the team that hired the minority?

Nope.  The team that loses the coach gets the picks.  Its essentially an incentive to "develop"  minority coaches for future leadership role.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a disastrous hire for the Jets.

Robert Saleh runs the same defense as Pete Caroll. Josh Allen and the Bills Offense is designed to obliterate that Defensive scheme into the sun.

Josh Allen vs Robert Saleh's Defense in 2020:

32/40 (80%)

375 yards (9.4 YPA)

4 TDs

0 INTs

139.1 Passer Rating

Josh Allen vs Pete Carroll's Defense in 2020:

31/38 (82%)

415 yards (10.9 YPA)

4 TDs

0 INTs

138.5 Passer Rating

Jets were like "Let's hire the coach who matches up the WORST with the top dog in our division"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I told my nephew Winfield Jr is just like his father. I took 2 minutes to myself after that comment. 

I honestly use to say when I was younger that I'll start feeling old once I'm older than the players the Bills draft. Then all of a sudden players are getting elected into the Hall of Fame that I've watched get drafted. 

Lol. Oh well. 

The thing that gets me most about the Winfield connection is that Winfield Sr played against Brady (and picked him off once too!) and now Winfield Jr plays with Brady on the Bucs. It's gotta be some bonkers stuff to hear your starting QB tell you stories about playing against your dad.

• Like (+1) 1

Guessing it might have already been mentioned in here, but it sounds like the Jets' intention this offseason is to stick with Darnold and continue trying to rebuild the rest of the roster. Schefter says they'll likely take calls on trading down from #2 but if they stay there, they'll likely take Sewell or one of the WRs.

4 hours ago, krf139 said:

Maybe, but that was when he was a hot potential hire. When they're 0-4, nobody will care baout him but NYC sportscasters. He'll be just another Jets HC. As it should be.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Guessing it might have already been mentioned in here, but it sounds like the Jets' intention this offseason is to stick with Darnold and continue trying to rebuild the rest of the roster. Schefter says they'll likely take calls on trading down from #2 but if they stay there, they'll likely take Sewell or one of the WRs.

Hard to believe the Jests would take Sewell a year after landing Becton, the best LT in the 2020 class...