Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Ain’t that the truth. 
Add in now great players kids are entering the league like Winfield and Thad Moss and stuff. 
Time flies 

I told my nephew Winfield Jr is just like his father. I took 2 minutes to myself after that comment. 

I honestly use to say when I was younger that I'll start feeling old once I'm older than the players the Bills draft. Then all of a sudden players are getting elected into the Hall of Fame that I've watched get drafted. 

Lol. Oh well. 

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much defense

Some dang solid coaches though. I won't talk about the cheat, but have been overall impressed by Flores and think Saleh could be a good coach.

I think the Defensively minded coaches are more in tune with discipline, culture, etc and therefore make good HCs especially if they find a good/great OC and turn that side of the ball over to them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

And where is Miami exactly? A team that might have a very high draft pick at qb that is a bust...

I agree.  I’d much rather be the Bills.  But the Phins are going to be a pain in the ass for a while.

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Neither Saleh or Flores have any idea how to defend Allen. They have work to do. 

Neither will have much of a chance to dethrone Buffalo until they find a QB.  But they can still be tough opponents. And they might find a QB.

• Agree 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, SectionC3 said:

They should (obviously) want Daboll considering that they are either keeping Darnold, drafting Justin Fields, or both.  The most important thing they can do is to take the next three years to "build" their next QB, just like Daboll did with Allen.  But, of course, this is the Jets, so they're screw it up somehow or other.  

Daboll is out as it’s a lateral move.  He would only get permission from Bills for HC , so that’s great for us. I still expect him to take the chargers job.  Also jags job gone.  Detroit, philly, Texas seem much less attractive.  I bet chargers or he rides again with Mcd.  I guess a huge college HC. Job could always fall in his lap. 

4 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree.  I’d much rather be the Bills.  But the Phins are going to be a pain in the ass for a while.

Neither will have much of a chance to dethrone Buffalo until they find a QB.  But they can still be tough opponents. And they might find a QB.

Agree completely. ThinknSaleh and Flores are good coaches. Jets made a good hire. But to consistently beat or steal the division from the Bills they will need to solve Quarterback positions. Otherwise you would expect the Bills would win at least kinda 4 of the next 5 divisions. 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/san-francisco-49ers/#

Don't be surprised if he gets 4 or 5 of his defensive players to follow him to NY in FA. My guesses are Sherman, Dion Jordan, Solomon Thomas, and K'Waun Williams follow him there. 

But that state also wants to drive the taxes out the roof for people who make big money..., hence why they and all the other people go to Florida.