Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC

YoloinOhio

I don’t think he’ll be a bad coach necessarily. I just think they have a lot of work to do. 

And most of the guys on that defense are built for Williams blitz heavy man cover schemes. Saleh’s defense is the opposite. They’ll basically need to pull a McDermott and 86 about 75percent of that roster I would believe. 

It’ll also need to be seen how Douglas and Saleh work together. Will Douglas draft players that he tells Saleh to “make fit” even if they’re not a good scheme fit. I have no idea either way, I’m just saying it’s a possibility. 

Im also assuming they go in a different direction than Darnold, so who will develop that #2 overall pick, be it Wilson, Fields, or possibly even Trey Lance? That’s another big big question.

I know I’m stating the obvious here, it all just seems like a big uphill battle to turn that franchise around.

• Like (+1) 2

Just my two cents which don’t mean much but this guy would be my top hire. 
Talk about getting maximum production with minimal talent. If Jersey can field a solid run game he will have that defense humming. 
I mean they’re a ways off from being some form of contender but they’re gonna be extremely scrappy and competitive with this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC
4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s a smart idea. Up and comer, brother already a head coach. 
Did the Jets just do something smart and good for their future? 2021 is a mess. 

Don’t look now, but the Jests have a good GM and a ton of draft picks, too.  They are only about a year behind Miami...

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it's the same thing most teams do every year. Their future success is based on getting the QB decision correct. 

As bad as Darnold has been there I still think they can win with him, especially now if they build a strong run game. But we’ll see what they do. Not too scared of them in the division but I think they are finally making smart moves 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Don’t look now, but the Jests have a good GM and a ton of draft picks, too.  They are only about a year behind Miami...

And two years behind us?  It still takes a QB and there aren't many teams feeling better at that position than us.

• Like (+1) 1