Jets hire Robert Saleh as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Would love to see Saleh in New York. Would much prefer them to be a good defense than a good offense. You can get by in this league with a bottom barrel defense if you have a good offense, the reverse is not true IMO. I’d like to see Pederson in NY too just because I feel he’s a horrible coach. 

Yea cos defensive Head Coaches can't have good offenses. Like Sean McDermott. And Bill Belichick. And Pete Carroll. And John Harbaugh. 

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Would love to see Saleh in New York. Would much prefer them to be a good defense than a good offense. You can get by in this league with a bottom barrel defense if you have a good offense, the reverse is not true IMO. I’d like to see Pederson in NY too just because I feel he’s a horrible coach. 

I don’t get the logic here. Being a defensive HC doesn’t make your team destined to have a poor offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Maybe Marrone will finally get his dream job. Please, please let that happen.

Great idea! Let's hope the Jets stay to form and completely whiff on this hire. Would Dick Jauron come out of retirement for them? Is Rich Kotite to old? They could always go back to Rex Ryan.

• Like (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Jets Coaching search - Saleh in the lead?
3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I tend to agree with a theory posited by Rapsheet on Pat McAfee's show the other day - Pederson would not have dug his heels in if he did not have a good idea that he had HC options elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised to hear he signs as HC somewhere he as connections without a lot of heads up.

This is very similar to the Marrone situation and we see how that worked out, though some of that might have been the smear campaign by Manish Mehta 

I think that would be an unusually smart move from the Jets. Saleh just strikes me as a guy who can lead and will energise a room. That roster is a long way off being good but I confess I like the hire. 

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Btw Gus Bradley was just hired as DC for the raiders 

Decent hire for Gruden. Upgrade on Paul Gunther IMO. 

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Right.

Because defensive coaches like McDermott never care about the offensive side of the ball.

7 hours ago, Steptide said:

If daboll acts the same in interviews as he does in his press conferences, I could see why teams might pass on him. Though I believe he's very buttoned up for his pc's and doubt he's like that all the time 

I agree 100% kinda looks like Freddie Kitchens without hair too lol. Hes got that good ol boy thing going on.