Chris Simms Unbuttoned on Colts-Bills: he's worried about us

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

The Bills have two season long issues going into this game.  1.  The Inability to have a sustained running game. 2.  To consistently stop the run on defense.  The offense bailed out the defense by building leads forcing the other team to stop running.  In a close game, they have difficulty.  I doubt one week of practice will solve that issue.  I hope for the best on Saturday.  Jackson is dangerous both as a passer and as a runner.  

The run game just seems to be occaisional big plays.  They arent consistently pushed back, it seems to be lots of big pops.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Oh and three delay of games on Indy that weren't called and big plays on each helped them.

I think just like holding penalties at the line or with DBs, this was execution by the Colts to see how much they could get away with. They noticed that the refs weren't throwing flags for it, so they kept doing it.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Hmm, sounds exactly like what one of the talking heads you mentioned would say.

I'd say our weaknesses are exaggerated, and simply beat a good Colts team that brought it.  Defense had an off game against a good offense, still only gave up 24.

For three quarters the D did exactly what it was designed to do -- require the Colts to have long sustained drives and keep them out of the end zone.  I have no idea what happened on those long runs in the 4th.  That was just weird, and made a game that should have been over turn into a knee-knocker.

What is Simms supposed to say, that the Bills will blow out the Ravens ? This is a very close matchup and the game will probably reflect that. I thought the line on the Colts game was a just a bit high at 7 or 6.5 or whatever. I had the Bills winning 31-24 and I wasn’t too far off. The weakest link in the AFC playoffs was probably the Steelers as their play had been spotty to poor for the last month and a half. Not surprisingly, they’re one and done. I’d have loved for them to eek out a win vs the Browns and come to Buffalo ready to be vanquished. So would most Bills fans. Anyway, the AFC is a tougher hill to climb, even as the 2 seed. The Bills are a very good team as well as the Ravens. Each team has a way to win this game, we’ll have to do a lot of things right on both sides of the ball to get the W and advance. Anyone that was expecting a cakewalk with the Colts wasn’t being realistic. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Oh no you found me out, I'm actually Chris Simms.  And if you have to knock down a hail mary to end the game where you would lose if they caught it for a TD, you didn't "simply" beat anyone.  I would think any Bills fan would know how close they came to disaster after the end of that Arizona game this year.

Well, when it all over and the final score says you won, guess what, you simply have won. Period, the mic  🎤 hits the floor, there is no more debate. The Bills beat an 11-5 record team, in the playoffs, there was a two win difference between the two teams coming in, it was a hard fought game by two good teams, and because we have a better QB, kicker, and receivers we won, fair and square, hell we had to beat the refs as well toward the end. Why are you so stuck on ifs, mighta, coulda, shoulda, woulda scenarios, you sound much like PFF down grading QBs for passes that didn’t get intercepted... the Bills simply won. 

thank you all for coming, I will be here all the week..  👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He's right.  The defense is going to kill this team if they don't figure it out.  The shallow crosses to Pittman and the TE's were open all day.  Even Lamar can make those throws.  It's tough when you can't affect the QB with pressure

One of the main problems of this game was the scheme. We should have been playing a press zone instead of blitzing Rivers. Rivers doesn’t take sacks he gets the ball out to quick and they are pros they know this. I came to the conclusion that Frazier blitzed to force the colts to pass instead of run it down our throat and control the clock. He was playing chess and took the gamble and made the colts try to beat us with the pass. I mean atleast I’m hoping that’s what he was doing. Because if not it was a horrible game plan. A press zone should be what we run against the Ravens tho I hope 

Edited by Rebel101

But isn't that what a franchise Qb does saves the team when nothing else is working.  But that game was as close to being a blowout after we went up 24-10 but like many of us have been saying for a while now Leslie Frazier, the game has passed him bye he does not adjust to what teams do he just plays a cover 2 not changing anything up.  When Mcdermott calls the plays players are running around making plays all over the field generating sacks.  I think Mcdermott has to find a young Defensive coordinator that he does not have to grab the playbook from. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Do we hate Chris Simms as well now? I have been keeping a list but I am not sure I have much room left in my notepad. 

I don't hate Chris Simms at all.  I disagree with him on a few points but he's always worth hearing.

7 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Oh no you found me out, I'm actually Chris Simms.  And if you have to knock down a hail mary to end the game where you would lose if they caught it for a TD, you didn't "simply" beat anyone.  I would think any Bills fan would know how close they came to disaster after the end of that Arizona game this year.

I don't know Chris Simms.  But I know enough to know that you're no Chris Simms

So what's the percentage overall of Hail Marys that are caught, historically and this year?

Either way, if we hung our hat on a Hail Mary to win the game and fell short - or even let it come down to a much more reasonable pass play to tie or win - the narrative would be WE LOST THE GAME and we shouldn't have let it come down to one play.

We all know there was an uncalled fumble to end the game, previous to that.

23 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I wouldn’t  say they were necessarily “open”. The defenders were usually in position to make he play, but Rivers excelled at putting it just out of their reach, where the taller receiver could make a play.  I am worried about Andrew’s ability to do the same thing, but I don’t think Jackson is nearly as accurate as Rivers. 

I think they were definitely "NFL open."  Defenders were there but the QB sees that if he puts the ball in the right spot, that's a catch.  That's as open as it gets against a good D.

Hopefully Lamar's definition is more restricted than Rivers'.  In a perfect world, Lamar's definition would be the same as Tyrod's.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:15 PM, ScottLaw said:

Said the same thing about Rivers watching the game.... He just kept drifting back in the pocket on that 4th down early when there was absolutely no pressure. Basically Rivers career. Guy never wins a big playoff game..... he does just enough to not win it. And thankfully he did it again Saturday.

And Sims is 100% right. Bills won’t beat the Ravens if the defense is that trash again unless Allen continues to carry the team on his back. I mean, where would this team be without Allen? Probably not even a .500 ball club. 

REALLY! He played about as well as he could. Sure. He made some mistakes but helped generate over 450 yards of offense. Don’t put Indy’s loss on Rivers. We were lucky to pull it out!!!

On 1/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, Mango said:

Meh, perfect blue print to put up points, but ultimately the Bills went into the half with the lead after not starting a single drive outside their own 10 yard line. I trust this team in a shoot out. The only reason this game was so close was because of the field position in the first half. 

The defense is a major concern. 

The Bills defense worries me at times. The big chunks of yards that they give up...yet survive. Or how they sometimes allow a quick touchdown after they score!

Simms picked the Ravens to win tomorrow. He has picked against us quite a few times this year. And everyone’s favorite, Kay Adams also picked against us tomorrow. It is interesting how the Bills went from #1 or #2 ranked in the NFL on almost all polls last week to now the majority of tv talking heads picking against us this week. Pretty abrupt about face by the national media this week. Can’t wait for the Bills to prove them all wrong tomorrow night. 

I listened to Phil Simms last night talking to Mad dog, he made some of the same comments. Said the Colts dominated both sides of the line, completely outplayed the Bills, but Josh Allen made at least six passes that only three other QBs are capable of making.

He is pretty confident that the Ravens will win tonight. Although I generally could care less what the talking heads say, I think because I generally respect what Simms (father or son) has to say, it bothered me that he (Phil) went on and on about how hot a team Baltimore is without any mention of how hot the Bills are. Both teams won close games last week and both have played their best near the end of the season.

14 hours ago, Billznut said:

Simms picked the Ravens to win tomorrow. He has picked against us quite a few times this year. And everyone’s favorite, Kay Adams also picked against us tomorrow. It is interesting how the Bills went from #1 or #2 ranked in the NFL on almost all polls last week to now the majority of tv talking heads picking against us this week. Pretty abrupt about face by the national media this week. Can’t wait for the Bills to prove them all wrong tomorrow night. 

Yes we win if we answer their repeated blitzes.  They won’t respect our run game and will focus on pressures.  I see Yeldon or someone having big game who’s the safety valve.  Hate to use the words but check downs should be our running game.  It’s playoffs and now time to show new wrinkle.  Channel Joe Montana and out smart em.  Go Bills!! 🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yup. Hopefully we see more of what we saw in the defense from the Cardinals game on than what we saw last week. 

I thought the cardinal game was one of our worst defensive games of the season. The prior game, vs Seattle was one of our better games and was the game where I thought our mentality changed, from a sit back scared defense to an attacking, aggressive defense. But Arizona wrecked us on the ground and had a decent passing attack.  They moved the ball.  After the Arizona game, I thought is where we started to get the results we had last season.