Devonta Freeman visiting Bills

aristocrat

50 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I guess you can’t discount his experience, but I’d rather roll with the younger guy in Williams. But I know there’s no guarantee Freeman ever sees the active roster. 

Insurance policy with the expectation that we are going deeper in the playoffs. We don't want to be short of RBs right before the Superbowl

• Like (+1) 1

Jones is listed as a back, but is special teams not offense.  As said above.  Elevate Williams, Freeman fills that PS slot.  Im curious to see who get gets activated.  I assume Yeldon gets some play.  For how Baltimore plays I think Yeldon could actually have an impact.  They are pretty good at Cb.  Yeldon on a lb could be a matchup to take advatange of.  Whether its vs Zone or man.  Is it Saturday yet?

1 hour ago, T master said:

That's great but what exactly is the obsession with these small backs ? He is 5'8" 209 .

Dang just call up Beast mode then he could end it where he started just come full circle . Or call Pat Dimarco back up he knows the offense and he's a bigger dude to Singletary shows that if given more than a couple of runs per quarter and when allowed to get in a rhythm he can get it done .

I do not like the RB by comity thing !

DiMarco cannot do anything. He had a grand total of 6 carries in 3 years for us.

• Haha (+1) 1

The handling of yeldon is really really odd. If they don't want him playing under any circumstance, why is he on the team? At this point I'm rooting for him to get released after this year so he can go somewhere we he actually has a chance to play. 

Or who knows, maybe he's happy coasting and collecting a paycheck. We haven't heard anything about him requesting to be released. 

Edited by Process

15 minutes ago, Process said:

The handling of yeldon is really really odd. If they don't want him playing under any circumstance, why is he on the team? At this point I'm rooting for him to get released after this year so he can go somewhere we he actually has a chance to play. 

Or who knows, maybe he's happy coasting and collecting a paycheck. We haven't heard anything about him requesting to be released. 

I don't think this has anything to do with not wanting to play yeldon

Think it has a lot more to do with having capable depth in place learning the play book and system

Imagine singletary going down and the bills still winning Saturday - afc Championship game with yeldon and Williams or yeldon williams and Freeman?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

How do we not role w williams after how he played v miami.

First, we don't know that they won't use Williams or Yeldon. However, if they choose to go with Freeman, then I trust the coaching staff to do what gives the team the best chance to be successful.

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't think this has anything to do with not wanting to play yeldon

Think it has a lot more to do with having capable depth in place learning the play book and system

Imagine singletary going down and the bills still winning Saturday - afc Championship game with yeldon and Williams or yeldon williams and Freeman?

Depth and experience.   Freeman was on Atlanta for superbowl run and played well both receiving and running. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

How do we not role w williams after how he played v miami.

Too small of a sample size to know whether he’s the best option . It’s not to say he won’t play but that’s all we have seen from him whereas the coaches have a lot more info. I suspect it will be whoever practices most effectively this week. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Too small of a sample size to know whether he’s the best option . It’s not to say he won’t play but that’s all we have seen from him whereas the coaches have a lot more info. I suspect it will be whoever practices most effectively this week. 

That is basically what Tasker and Brownie said. I think it has to depend on the game plan as well. If we are planning the screen game, maybe Yeldin...if we want to pop and need a guy for short yardage, id go williams. I honestly did not evaluate Williams blocking....

I dont think Freeman will be ready.

Id probably lean williams, because Singletary and Taiwan can do the other stuff. Your right about the sample size...but i cant get over what I saw, call it a hunch. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

I think it will be Yeldon for his pass catching and blitz pick-up experience.

I don’t think Williams has enough experience for them to trust him to pick up a stunting blitzer while Josh waits for routes to develop

I can easily see them using Yeldon to chip then slip into the flat or for the screen game which will be instrumental in slowing down the Ravens blitz/rush

• Agree 1