Devonta Freeman visiting Bills

aristocrat

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That’s what I was wondering. Some on Twitter saying he’d be eligible to play quicker because he was on a team up until 4 days ago and is current on covid testing, but I have no idea if that’s true or not.

I did just read this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jared-veldheer-to-play-for-two-different-teams-in-same-postseason-after-signing-
‘Jared Veldheer to play for two teams in same postseason after signing with Packers’

He was on the colts practice squad and played on Saturday. Now apparently he’s set to play for the packers this weekend. 

Great.  Maybe the Colts will lend us Deforrest Buckner for this weekend...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

That's great but what exactly is the obsession with these small backs ? He is 5'8" 209 .

Dang just call up Beast mode then he could end it where he started just come full circle . Or call Pat Dimarco back up he knows the offense and he's a bigger dude to Singletary shows that if given more than a couple of runs per quarter and when allowed to get in a rhythm he can get it done .

I do not like the RB by comity thing !

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I guess you can’t discount his experience, but I’d rather roll with the younger guy in Williams. But I know there’s no guarantee Freeman ever sees the active roster. 

I agree... i'd rather roll with Wade or Williams 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I guess you can’t discount his experience, but I’d rather roll with the younger guy in Williams. But I know there’s no guarantee Freeman ever sees the active roster. 

There’s a minutia to the game that you don’t necessarily want a young back figuring out in the playoffs. 

Where to line up, where to be when the QB needs an emergency outlet, what blitzer is his, when to cover the ball when you sense someone coming from behind. 

Williams has the value of knowing the playbook better, but freeman offers better knowledge base in general. 

He’s also likely just insurance as Stills is.

Anybody know if he has to go through the 5 day window, if he’s coming right from another team?

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wade is not eligible to play.

Im completely baffled that people even seriously mention his name as a possible option. 

Even if he was eligible, aren’t people aware that this kid has very little football experience and this is the playoffs?

Edited by Bangarang