Why does Allen fumble so much running with the ball?

He's not careless with the ball. Many of his fumbles come with it tucked in and tight. It's a mystery to me. Any suggestions? 

Also lost in the Allen fumble vs Colts was Feliciano go destroyed on that play. Embarrassed, the real reason for the fumble. Still though, Allen had it tucked tight and it just pops out. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Eyeroll 5

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

He fails to exert the proper pressure on both sides of the ball hence causing the ball to escape to unfriendly opposing players

You are incorrect sir.

He's too strong and is squeezing the ball so hard that it is deforming and slipping out of his grasp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T&C said:

Already, this thread is a hit.

Maybe he was just playing with them to see if they could score if they recovered it.

He's got 31 fumbles over the last 2 years. It's a concern. Most just seem to pop out. 

Maybe he's got what Brian Campbell had. Excessive sweating. His arms are might be drenched in sweat. Maybe Brian Campbell can help him. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's got 31 fumbles over the last 2 years. It's a concern. Most just seem to pop out. 

Maybe he's got what Brian Campbell had. Excessive sweating. His arms are might be drenched in sweat. Maybe Brian Campbell can help him. 

Hyperhidrosis.

He needs to call the Center for Excessive Sweating.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm thinking when Josh runs with the ball, Diggs gets on the stick and does a right shift, left thumb button, right pinky up move that causes Josh to fumble, we recover, Diggs goes back to the huddle and says, "Just throw it to me dawg". Josh does, Touchdown, and both are praised and All-Pro's. It's Stefon's brilliance.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loyal2dagame said:

Maybe it has something to do with the elbow length shirt he wears under his jersey? 

Those stay dry shirts are slick

It's possible. He's not really careless with the ball like Mike Vick or someone. He tucks it but it just pops out. Strange. He's got massive hands, so it's not tiny hands. 

I'm sticking with the excessive sweating. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's not careless with the ball. Many of his fumbles come with it tucked in and tight. It's a mystery to me. Any suggestions? 

Also lost in the Allen fumble vs Colts was Feliciano go destroyed on that play. Embarrassed, the real reason for the fumble. Still though, Allen had it tucked tight and it just pops out. 

He is a little careless with the ball at times.  It's usually while trying to make a play, like on Saturday he was trying to get his arm free to throw it away.  But definitely the ball was not tucked away.

• Like (+1) 1