Colts OT signs with packers...what?!?

BillsMafi$

On 1/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Wow he really gets around. 

I knew some girls like that in high school.

I mean, I heard about some girls like that......rumors mostly. Who knows?   🤷‍♂️

But.......there was a Kathy and a certain cheerleader.........

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please can we just throw a freaking mustache and dye job on Star Lotulelei, call him Comet LaDell, get our space eater back for the playoffs and call it a day?

Donuts, you’re into something, but I’m going with Google Gispoceles for his name (I’ll give you a quarter if you figure that one out).  You’ll know it as soon as I mention it.  BTW, you can’t google as doesn’t show up. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ColeB said:

They have to fix that loophole.  Players from eliminated teams should be ineligible.

So, say Jim Harbaugh returns to the NF, or two coaches or GMs are good friends.  His team is eliminated and has a Pro Bowl player that will be a free agent and they’ve decided they can’t keep him. John’s Ravens could use that player so Jim’s team assigns him to the practice squad so John can add him.  I know that’s a different scenario and far fetched but could it happen?

Not really a loophole- something a bit different this year.  

Teams were allowed more veterans and more players on the practice squad.  Teams got 2 free call ups that allow you to use a practice squad player, but not elevate them to the true active roster.  Therefore these players at the conclusion of the game revert back to their practice squad designation and can be signed.

Teams could not take a normal roster player - like let’s say a back-up DE like Murphy or guard like Winters or an All-Pro in your example - and move them to the PS.  Those players would have to be cut (which then reverts them to waivers and any team could grab them - not one specific team you want) and claimed to the active roster.  If the player clears waivers then any team is free to sign them to their roster or their practice squad.

This case is unique because Veldheer was signed to the Colts practice squad from retirement due to injuries (like Freeman and Stills with the Bills).  He was activated and played because of injury, but was still a practice squad player and therefore eligible to be signed to another teams active roster.

Green Bay though is showing the dangers of this as he is uncontrolled as he comes to your team and you are introducing a potential issue just for a little depth.  If he mingled with other OL or the QB room - this could end the Packers season.

10 hours ago, Dafan said:

Thing that confuses me is he wasn't on the practice squad at the end of their season.   He was active for the playoff loss.  So should that not mean he can't be sign?

Yes he was on the practice squad... teams are allowed to elevate two practice squad players each week due to Covid. After the game they go back to practice squad until next week.... Veldheer was never signed to the active roster... he was just their weekly call up.

Its why Duke Williams is still on our practice squad. He was a call up last week but he is still a member of our practice squad.

Jake Kumerow on the other hand was signed to the active roster which is why we lost him. We had to release him to sign him back to practice squad but Saints claimed him on the waiver wire.

Edited by Kmart128

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Donuts, you’re into something, but I’m going with Google Gispoceles for his name (I’ll give you a quarter if you figure that one out).  You’ll know it as soon as I mention it.  BTW, you can’t google as doesn’t show up. 🤔

Donuts, I’m a little disappointed you didn’t take a guess.  It was the alter ego of Fred Flinstone who was a car racer in that cartooning the 60’s.  Used to watch as a boy on CBC when I was little as reruns.  As you know Fred was built like a brick shirt house, aka, Star.

Lovin the creativity though.

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Donuts, I’m a little disappointed you didn’t take a guess.  It was the alter ego of Fred Flinstone who was a car racer in that cartooning the 60’s.  Used to watch as a boy on CBC when I was little as reruns.  As you know Fred was built like a brick shirt house, aka, Star.

Lovin the creativity though.

It was Goggles Paisano. 

Edit: yes I had to look that up

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, BillsMafi$ said:

20D510E5-2A58-4E06-BC09-602E9F352120.jpeg

Help me understand this. If he played for the Colts on Saturday against us how can he be on the practice squad ?

And if they lost isn't their season over ? I just don't understand ...