Colts OT signs with packers...what?!?

BillsMafi$

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

so he wasn't one of their protected players, even though they called him up and made him active?

I'm assuming that the reason they could do this is because he was on the PS, not the active roster.  If he had been on the roster, he'd have become an UFA and free only to sign after the season is over/during the FA period.  As a PS player, and their season over, he was free to sign anytime.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

so he wasn't one of their protected players, even though they called him up and made him active?

Exactly - seems incredibly odd. Even if a rule this year makes no sense. Start a guy and another team can still take him?

On 1/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Look at practice squads. 

Thing that confuses me is he wasn't on the practice squad at the end of their season.   He was active for the playoff loss.  So should that not mean he can't be sign?

On 1/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Wow he really gets around. 

wasnt he retired until like 3 weeks ago?

10 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Uh-oh

7 minutes ago, Dafan said:

Thing that confuses me is he wasn't on the practice squad at the end of their season.   He was active for the playoff loss.  So should that not mean he can't be sign?

I think he was a game day elevation meaning went back to PS when the clock expired

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:06 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Get around round round 

?Beach Boys?

really is a crazy story about Veldheer.
whats Eric Wood doing

20 minutes ago, syhuang said:

ha ha

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

wasnt he retired until like 3 weeks ago?

Uh-oh

I think he was a game day elevation meaning went back to PS when the clock expired

"retired"

yep. he was Hap.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, Limeaid said:

Yes. Player was elevated for a game. When done with game he goes back to PS win or out. 

They have to fix that loophole.  Players from eliminated teams should be ineligible.

So, say Jim Harbaugh returns to the NF, or two coaches or GMs are good friends.  His team is eliminated and has a Pro Bowl player that will be a free agent and they’ve decided they can’t keep him. John’s Ravens could use that player so Jim’s team assigns him to the practice squad so John can add him.  I know that’s a different scenario and far fetched but could it happen?

Edited by ColeB