Fans Attending Saturday's Game: Slap the Empty Seats and Make Noise

Nextmanup

"Bob" just called into WGR-550 and mentioned that he and his buddies were slapping empty seats against Indy. 

The aluminum seats vibrating create tremendous noise; Bob says it's like 100 people shouting as loud as they can.

He said several times Rivers had to walk up to the center because he couldn't communicate over the noise.

Bob implores all Bills fans to slap those empty stands on Saturday.

I thought I'd try to extend the length of his reach by posting here.

SLAP THOSE SEATS!  MAKE SOME NOISE!

5f70b5b5b9820.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

"Bob" just called into WGR-550 and mentioned that he and his buddies were slapping empty seats against Indy. 

The aluminum seats vibrating create tremendous noise; Bob says it's like 100 people shouting as loud as they can.

He said several times Rivers had to walk up to the center because he couldn't communicate over the noise.

That is standard operating procedure for all fans in all Bills games.  That and stomping on the bench seats..

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, wjag said:

That is standard operating procedure for all fans in all Bills games.  That and stomping on the bench seats..

100% i always wonder why my hands are all messed up the day after Bills games. Then after the hangover haze fades, I remember its from pounding the seats with my fists.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

100% agree, but Im sure all the Karen's on here will shame you. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

I've been to tons of games in that stadium, never slapped the seats.

But I haven't been out there in a long time.

Do.....do people not ALWAYS slap the seats when they go to games? I know I do.

I also know I saw multiple pictures on Twitter after Saturday's game of people's purple, swollen hands because they were smashing the metal so hard.

Like McDermott says....."Find a way". Or, in this case, he might say "Do your 1/6,700th"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

Do.....do people not ALWAYS slap the seats when they go to games? I know I do.

I also know I saw multiple pictures on Twitter after Saturday's game of people's purple, swollen hands because they were smashing the metal so hard.

Like McDermott says....."Find a way". Or, in this case, he might say "Do your 1/6,700th"

yeah but I always felt a tad guilty because there was someone occupying that seat (even though they’re usually standing anyways... lol).

Now, there’s no guilt!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah but I always felt a tad guilty because there was someone occupying that seat (even though they’re usually standing anyways... lol).

Now, there’s no guilt!

There's no guilt in being in the stadium. I've had drunken people step on me when they fall over in the upper deck. If you don't think I'm banging seats, you're wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

I slapped them aplenty back in the day.  I highly recommend it.

Indeed.

When I was in my prime as a fan (read:  drinking from 8am thru the half) I would use the three-pronged attack; yell, clap and kick the metal seatback in front of me. If the people in front were standing. They always were ;)

In my more, ahem, mature fanhood I’d still slap the metal seats around when the situation warranted. Definitely resonates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you don't slap the seats just remember... theres a half million people who would kill for that ticket.

When your hands feel a little ouchy, and you want to take a play off, remember how Cole is toughing through his knee. 

McDermott claps on his drive to the stadium... WWSMD?

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, wjag said:

Yep. I almost wonder if it's louder though with less people. Less people blocking the noise form the benches 

I personally can't stand it when people in the row behind me bang on the seats in my row.  If they want to pound on a seat, they should pound on their own damn seat.  

Now if the row is totally empty in front of them, like a lot of seats are with the limited capacity, they can pound away, but otherwise they are vibrating the fans in front of them and I doubt too many people want their @sses vibrated while trying to watch a football game.