McDermott floats turning to Christian Wade

"We'll look at guys on our roster that we have a lot of confidence in -- T.J., Antonio, and Christian...we have a lot of confidence in all three of those guys."

OK, so I'll never make fun of anyone again for suggesting we call up Wade, because even though we all (okay, most of us) know he's not eligible to play, McDermott himself just this afternoon suggested it is possible.

What am I missing? Why would McD go there? I don't buy the idea that McDermott himself might not be aware that Wade is ineligible. Smokescreen for opponent? Also makes no sense, because you have to figure they know the rules, too.

So what gives? Is there an explanation I'm missing for these comments?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

"We'll look at guys on our roster that we have a lot of confidence in -- T.J., Antonio, and Christian...we have a lot of confidence in all three of those guys."

OK, so I'll never make fun of anyone again for suggesting we call up Wade, because even though we all (okay, most of us) know he's not eligible to play, McDermott himself just this afternoon suggested it is possible.

What am I missing? Why would McD go there? I don't buy the idea that McDermott himself might not be aware that Wade is ineligible. Smokescreen for opponent? Also makes no sense, because you have to figure they know the rules, too.

So what gives? Is there an explanation I'm missing for these comments?

Yeah, later on in response to another RB question he said specific things about TJ and about Antonio but not Christian...so I think his intent was to just give Wade props as being someone we have confidence in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just a shout-out to Wade, who likely is a good guy who works hard in practice.  He won't be elevated for this game (and if what I read on this board is correct, he isn't even eligible to be called up).  The interesting call will be whether it's Williams or Yeldon.

Mcdermott is a leader. As a leader, he leads the entire organization. Believe it or not, not including Wade's name in his statement says something as well. He has now included Wade personally as a Buffalo Bills running back. He's part of the Buffalo Bills. It sounds simple, but I guarantee, Wade was listening, and now has one more reason to bust his ass for his head coach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

It's simple. McDermott read all the people on this message board saying he didn't know opposing player's names. Seeing the McDermott has a growth mindset, he's now going to list EVERY name possible when he has a chance - even his own players. This is because he heard us here and wanted to be sure to make the proper adjustment!

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Haha (+1) 3