Daboll getting play calls in quickly

TroutDog

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I believe this is a big part of the offense. It gives Allen ample time to read the defense. Having said that though, rivers was tearing up our defense with no time on the play clock. Alot of it is probably just experience 

You answers your point: experience. Josh is still learning which makes him all the more dangerous as he progresses!

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lamar at least one back-breaking sideline throws against the Titans after rolling out to the right.

True!  He also had a head scratcher before that for a pick to the same part of the field.  He's pretty hit or miss anywhere past 15 yards, at least from my relatively uninformed perspective.  I dont thnk the Bills need to play nickel, they really need the LBs more than the DBs/Safeties against him

18 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

True!  He also had a head scratcher before that for a pick to the same part of the field.  He's pretty hit or miss anywhere past 15 yards, at least from my relatively uninformed perspective.  I dont thnk the Bills need to play nickel, they really need the LBs more than the DBs/Safeties against him

It’s an interesting thought.   The chargers shut him down a few years ago playing 7 DBs.  We hemmed him in last year with, from what I recall, was a base D and lots of Lorax.  We will find out on Saturday, I guess.  

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s an interesting thought.   The chargers shut him down a few years ago playing 7 DBs.  We hemmed him in last year with, from what I recall, was a base D and lots of Lorax.  We will find out on Saturday, I guess.  

Yeah good thing i'm not in charge of the D because im a reactional idiot.  It's just that when baltimore is in 3rd a long, they're less likely to pass than any team in the league because of their run game.  I think SD has the advantage of being able to get pressure with the front 4 that we havent done much of this year, but like you say, we'll see in a few days!

On 1/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, Doc said:

This is what Sean McVay does and what I hoped Daboll would do.

Allen seems to have the understanding of what to do after they shut the communication off though.  

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

If we tried that i think were getting gus/ricard/andrews and a lot of hurt.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:24 PM, Charles Romes said:

I think that’s what got Roman fired from Buffalo early in the ‘17 season. 

He had the same problem in San Francisco too.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:26 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

I saw this segment.  I LOL'd at "...not to dump on my coaches or anything, but we'd get to the LOS with 9 seconds on the play clock..."

Look about two hours in, should be in the Audio Vault at wgr550.com.

I just checked and I still don’t see anything in the Bills app or on YouTube. Weird.