Lack of pass rush non factor vs ravens?

Hebert19

Maintain lane discipline and do absolutely everything to keep Lamar in the pocket. If he’s a pocket passer, the Ravens lose. I’ll give him all the time in the world in the pocket, he will make a poor throw or mistake resulting in an INT. I have never been on the Lamar hype train as a QB and never will. When your QB’s strength isn’t throwing the ball, you have a problem IMO. Make him be a QB and you win. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think the Bills have a lack of pass rush. They don’t have an elite rusher off the edge but they do pretty well with pressure and win rate. Recency bias feels like they have no pass rush because they couldn’t get to rivers but that was the best pass blocking OL in the league and rivers was pressured this whole year less than any QB in the league. The Bills can improve on the DL but the matchups will differ each week as to whether and how they can affect the QB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just don’t make the mistake that the Titans did and keep on doing something I’ll game that didn’t work they were not going to allow king to run the ball

In this game you’re going to be scared of Josh Allen and his passing ability is it going to open up the running game?

I would expect a defense similar to what the Pats used vs Allen, but they have much better talent than the Pats at every level of the D

15 hours ago, HOUSE said:

On the other hand, the Ravens sacked Josh Allen 6 times the last time we played them.

The Ravens blitzed more than any other team this season and Allen was blitzed more than any other QB this season. Teams have continued to be aggressive with Allen (he also led the NFL in roughing the passer penalties) this entire season, despite the fact that Allen has proven to be one of the best against the blitz and throwing while evading pressure.

It will be interesting. I don't think Baltimore changes their aggressive style

Better to not have a strong pass rush vs Lamar. Make him beat you from the pocket. Set the edge and keep contain and maintain your lanes. That's why Shaq and Trent Murphy had such a strong game last year as that is their strength. Someone like Hughes or Addison, they are always losing contain trying to pass rush up the field or dip inside the block. Very frustrating. Hopefully they have Murphy active and I could also see the rookie doing well if he stays disciplined

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

The Titans have a worse D than us and had a good gameplan. They just blew it on a few plays. Also, we need to get a couple strips or big stops. 

Them blowing it on D was amplified by the lack of execution on O. 

And Vrabel’s chicken ***** approach to 4th down. The Ravens very nearly lost that game if the titans had a better HC. 

We're going to have to spy Lamar most of the game, probably with Milano. I'm really concerned with their TEs, as our nickels have not shown that they can cover big pass catchers. This was the one matchup I didn't feel good about coming in to the playoffs. Their Defense is good enough to force poor throws and Josh is prone to taking sacks for big losses at times.  

16 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’ve heard the term “muddle rush” used when defending guys like Lamar, and I’d agree that this should be the game plan. 

Essentially, hem him into the pocket.  

Focus on the run, and in regards to the pass rush, it’s almost a half speed rush where you push the line to a certain depth and form a bubble around the QB, instead of trying to win your matchup and get penetration.  

It requires your secondary to hold up a bit longer, but it’s going to force Lamar to be a passer if done correctly.  

Pepper in some blitz looks - blitz or show blitz and drop.  

Also can green light the pass rush in looks where we have a spy. 

Yes...what happened  lot was Jackson wanted to escape to the outside but couldn't and was hemmed in and then he panicked and got sacked or fell down before the rush got there or made a bad throw.

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Titans ran only 48 plays...i think our season low was 58. That would be disaster for us.

That game showed Tannehill's severe limitations when their run game isn't working.  He simply isn't good enough to win a game by himself.  Allen is.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1