Next Season - Potential Coordinators

ngbills

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

This kind of Bills deep thinking and every Bills personnel decision I don't fret about.

That is the joy of finally having a GM and coach who make good on their decisions.

I tend to agree; But still it is hard to forget Rick Dennison and Nathan Peterman. Daboll goes I do have concern at what direction they go. Much less concern on the D side of things. 

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea well there is a reason for that... It's not for him to be HC sadly.

Well Houston has already talked with Lewis, Caldwell, and Crennel. So think there is more to it. 

Lions have talked to Bowles...

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Frazier's not leaving, though I guess it might be fun to discuss what would happen if he did leave.

Unless you are implying the team moves on from him.  Don't see that happening either.

Would not be shocked to see Houston hire him. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We need to keep Dorsey and Hall

Would LOVE to have Wade Phillips back.....but isnt he a 3/4 guy?

Who knows what this front 7 looks like next year. Maybe we are better suited for a 3-4 anyway. Not sure how McD would feel about that. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I tend to agree; But still it is hard to forget Rick Dennison and Nathan Peterman. Daboll goes I do have concern at what direction they go. Much less concern on the D side of things. 

So, not a process truster?

I became one this season.

Offense could be anyone. They reached into the NCAA for Daboll. They clearly, and rightly, want a creative coach who wants to be multiple.

Defense might be a little easier to pin down presuming they aren't looking to change the focus of the defense too much.

These will be critical hires for McDermotts career. The tree for him to pick from is pretty bare. It's time for him to build his own tree. Doug Peterson just got fired because he couldn't replace John DiFillipo and Frank Reich.

For offense I have 2 candidates so far.

Doug Pederson - very innovative offensive dude. Totally masterminded and out coached Bill Bellyache.

Anthony Lynn - Number 9 offense in the league with a rookie QB.  Coach Lynn also had a top 10 offensive with Hotrod at the controls.  Due can coach offense.

Get me somebody with experience succeeding.

Not too worried about the "system" because I believe Josh and Diggs and Brown and Beasley and Singletary/Moss could run any well conceived/coached offense with great results.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

For offense I have 2 candidates so far.

Doug Pederson - very innovative offensive dude. Totally masterminded and out coached Bill Bellyache.

Anthony Lynn - Number 9 offense in the league with a rookie QB.  Coach Lynn also had a top 10 offensive with Hotrod at the controls.  Dude can coach offense.

Get me somebody with experience succeeding.

Not too worried about the "system" because I believe Josh and Diggs and Brown and Beasley and Singletary/Moss could run any well conceived/coached offense with great results.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Babich is the internal guy with the most experience. I also would be shocked at a Wade or Patricia type, but on the other hand Frazier was a guy with HC and DC experience. 

I think when Frazier was brought in that experience was something McD wanted and really needed to be able to lean on.  Now is nice to have, but not needed anywhere as much.

If they do go outside considering a number of the position coaches have been here multiple years, if you don't promote from within, run the risk of losing some of these guys as will feel no future here for them.

Having said all that, really don't think Frazier is going anywhere.  Most hires these days, they all want offensive creativity, the defense is good, but not great, and much of the defensive credit will go to McD anyway.  I think for a defensive coordinator to get a HC job, their defense has to be lights out and on a staff where the HC comes from the offensive side.

For Offense:

I dont want Gailey or Pederson.  I dont want somebody who hopes to be here for a year or two, tops.

For Defense:

Gimme Patricia.  He has a LOT of work to do to re-establish himself.  The issue is whether he is good a D in his own right, or whether he was just good at running things that BB told him to do.

He doesnt seem to be a good leader of grown men.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

So, not a process truster?

I became one this season.

No I sure am. But nobody is perfect...a bad OC hire would suck. I trust them to try and find the right guy, though. Just could not work out.