Most Embarrassed I've been in a long time; 47-3 loss to Ravens

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i literally have no Memory of this game (thankfully). 

Me neither. Hopefully McD will be showing some film of it to get the boys fired up...

1 hour ago, Gregthekeg said:

My wife and I left our Honeymoon in Aruba a day early to go to that game...... It was the only thing I asked for at all at our wedding and because she is the best thing that ever happened to me she agreed.

The game was awful, and the only thing colder than the rain were the looks my wife would give me over leaving paradise a day early.  

She still complains about it any chance she gets. 

We will all join her in the complaining :D 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

that’s insane to think about when you consider where our offense was on opening day 2020 compared to opening day 2018.

In 2018 the offense was a bottom 2 offense in the league, probably only AZ was worse, certainly not more than 2 offense worse. They literally had 1 decent O-line player (Dawkins) and a very raw young QB. In 2019 the McBeane really did a number to rebuild the offense into a respectable unit around Josh (Completely rebuilt the O-line, signed Beasley and Brown to make the WR corps respectable, and added some young skill position players in Knox and Singletary.) They then added an elite piece of talent in Diggs in 2020 and Moss in the backfield and the rest fell into place. 

Overall it is shocking to see the offense go from bottom 2-3 in 2018 to lower mid level 18-22 in 2019 to a top 5 offense in the league. All the while the defense has at least stayed a solid unit and the special teams taken a very positive progression.

37 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That year the Bills started out as one of the worst teams in the league.  They were consistently terrible.  Then they played in Minnesota and upset the Vikings, with the famous Josh hurdle, then they went back to bad but got better during the year.  The Process was underway but was incomplete. 

The plan was not to have Peterman or Allen as QB, but the expected starter hurt his back slipping on something, so it was the terrible veteran or the very raw rookie.  Tough choice.  Also the O line was terrible that year.  After that year, Beane brought in almost a completely new line, and things really started to improve.

It shows you how good the Bills defense was in 2018 that the team somehow won 6 games with literally one of the bottom 2-3 offenses in the league. As much praise as the 2019 defense gets the 2018 defense was about just as good 

It is always awful when you spend a ton of money to go see your team on the road, only to see them not compete.  It has happened to me a few times over the years (never wasting money on going to see the Sabres play in Texas again)...so glad I wasn't at the game you are referencing.  

I know it isn't the same, but I one time paid a fortune for a Bills ticket (about $250) for a game in Dallas. It was in 2011.  I live about 3.50 hours away.  All my friends who were going went the day before...I had to work on Saturday evening, until 11:30pm.  So, I went home, got a few hours of sleep, and then drove to the game...met my friends...the game was over practically before I found my seat.  I don't know if I was embarassed....but I was pissed.  We lost 42-7, or something like that...

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Don’t think Moss has been a big piece at all.... Williams and Diggs absolutely, but Josh’s growth is the reason their offense is so dynamic.

Moss was a small addition granted but in my opinion a positive one. Whereas I look at Williams and Diggs as pieces that were elite that helped Josh take that next step. Without a stud WR1 like Diggs this isn't the same offense. 

4 hours ago, Gregthekeg said:

My wife and I left our Honeymoon in Aruba a day early to go to that game...... It was the only thing I asked for at all at our wedding and because she is the best thing that ever happened to me she agreed.

The game was awful, and the only thing colder than the rain were the looks my wife would give me over leaving paradise a day early.  

I went with my girlfriend.  She sat through the nonstop rain to watch the Bills get blown out because I wanted to see Josh's debut.  She never complained once.

So I married her.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tortured Soul said:

I went with my girlfriend.  She sat through the nonstop rain to watch the Bills get blown out because I wanted to see Josh's debut.  She never complained once.

So I married her.

So maybe she was a great catch.  Or maybe you're just cruel, and figured the game wasn't punishment enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

That year the Bills started out as one of the worst teams in the league.  They were consistently terrible.  Then they played in Minnesota and upset the Vikings, with the famous Josh hurdle, then they went back to bad but got better during the year.  The Process was underway but was incomplete. 

The plan was not to have Peterman or Allen as QB, but the expected starter hurt his back slipping on something, so it was the terrible veteran or the very raw rookie.  Tough choice.  Also the O line was terrible that year.  After that year, Beane brought in almost a completely new line, and things really started to improve.

It's crazy that the Vikings game was only the third game if the season and Josh Allen's second career start in the NFL. 

Why not:

https://youtu.be/qiuagnwr7ro

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Payback? Payback to who?

Joe Flacco? John Brown? Dixon?

I don't understand this sentiment at all.

Jim Harbaugh maybe? 

Regardless, I remember the game. Hated it and have always hated the Ravens.

16 hours ago, RiotAct said:

that’s insane to think about when you consider where our offense was on opening day 2020 compared to opening day 2018.

Well starting Nathan Peterbeater in a torrential down pour was not going to work...ever ;)

He can't even put zip on a dry ball ;.)

15 hours ago, Rubes said:

Me neither. Hopefully McD will be showing some film of it to get the boys fired up...

More likely to either depress them or make them laugh hysterically than to motivate them ;)

16 hours ago, Gregthekeg said:

Why do women always seem to make men get married and go on a honeymoon a week or a few days before a season opening game? I have a couple friends who did the same thing. The wedding was the night before the season opener and they left the very next morning for a honeymoon and couldn't watch any of the game. Another one got married a few days before the 2017 opener and went on a two week honeymoon to Hawaii to miss the first two weeks of the season. It's just weird to me that somehow these guys get talked into a wedding and honeymoon during season opening games lol

Edited by Buffalo03