Most Embarrassed I've been in a long time; 47-3 loss to Ravens

Just to show (again, I know) how far the Process has come:  only 26 months ago; there we are tailgating outside M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore;  15-20 of us , all NoVa/Md relocated Bills fans excited for the season opening game after reaching the playoffs in 2017.   Hadn't been to a game is several years.  We invited a bunch of locals/neighbors to join the insanity , all proud of our tailgating prowess and our team.  The wings, the beers, the pizza , the schwag ,the tents (pouring down rain), the tables, the works.   

How bad could it be, even though Tyrod was gone?    Man could it be bad.   Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones.  Jeremy Kerley returning kicks instead of Andre Holmes (who was on the roster).  And Nathan Peterman could not have been worse.   We actually left in the middle of the 3rd quarter when it was 40 - 0 .    Josh came in but it was mop up duty. 

One of the great (?) things about NFL Gamepass is you can go back and watch all the way back to 2011.   I watched the replay of that game.   Some of the guts of todays team played that day (milano, tre, edmunds, holmes, dion, poyer, hyde).   I guess my point is I am still embarrassed about the display that day and although I rarely am immature enough to want revenge , but I really want revenge for that one.  Last years game was only a warmup without Diggs , et al on the roster. 

I am hoping prime time Saturday night is where the Process delivers a payday/payback win in a big way.   I want a beatdown.   

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My wife and I left our Honeymoon in Aruba a day early to go to that game...... It was the only thing I asked for at all at our wedding and because she is the best thing that ever happened to me she agreed.

The game was awful, and the only thing colder than the rain were the looks my wife would give me over leaving paradise a day early.  

She still complains about it any chance she gets. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gregthekeg said:

My wife and I left our Honeymoon in Aruba a day early to go to that game...... It was the only thing I asked for at all at our wedding and because she is the best thing that ever happened to me she agreed.

The game was awful, and the only thing colder than the rain were the looks my wife would give me over leaving paradise a day early.  

There's a lifetime warranty on that complaint. Whenever convenient, it will be brought up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was there too.   Awful.  As i mentioned in another thread, I love McDermott with a bit of a revenge factor in his favor.  He's personally 0-2 against Baltimore including that humiliation to Harbaugh.  MCD does not forget.

6 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

No sympathy man, you deserve what you get for that one.  :flirt:

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

That was not good decision making on your part, 😂

you do realize that you owe her another vacation in paradise right,  😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

jeeze - was getting blown out on an away game not enough? salt in the wound!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That was not good decision making on your part, 😂

you do realize that you owe her another vacation in paradise right,  😁

We went to another resort in Mexcio... booked it right when we got home before the schedule even came out...When it did that Sunday that we were going to be gone the Bills played the Ravens again and she told me that we were staying no matter what.  Luckily the resort was amazing and they had my suite filled up with red white and blue balloons and all the mexican beer a man could have.... she sat on the beach....

Funny I never realized that the last two time they played the Ravens I was out of the country.  Maybe since I will be in the states they will win!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Being embarrassed by the Bills I don't understand, being frustrated, I do. That has changed.

The Pegulas getting the team was the start. They put to rest fans fear the Bills could be gone and strived to provide a positive vibe for them, obviously wanting to build a winning team.

That, combined with "The Process" blossoming this season, has washed away much of frustrations of the past, for me.

• Like (+1) 1

That year the Bills started out as one of the worst teams in the league.  They were consistently terrible.  Then they played in Minnesota and upset the Vikings, with the famous Josh hurdle, then they went back to bad but got better during the year.  The Process was underway but was incomplete. 

The plan was not to have Peterman or Allen as QB, but the expected starter hurt his back slipping on something, so it was the terrible veteran or the very raw rookie.  Tough choice.  Also the O line was terrible that year.  After that year, Beane brought in almost a completely new line, and things really started to improve.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just to show (again, I know) how far the Process has come:  only 26 months ago; there we are tailgating outside M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore;  15-20 of us , all NoVa/Md relocated Bills fans excited for the season opening game after reaching the playoffs in 2017.   Hadn't been to a game is several years.  We invited a bunch of locals/neighbors to join the insanity , all proud of our tailgating prowess and our team.  The wings, the beers, the pizza , the schwag ,the tents (pouring down rain), the tables, the works.   

How bad could it be, even though Tyrod was gone?    Man could it be bad.   Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones.  Jeremy Kerley returning kicks instead of Andre Holmes (who was on the roster).  And Nathan Peterman could not have been worse.   We actually left in the middle of the 3rd quarter when it was 40 - 0 .    Josh came in but it was mop up duty. 

One of the great (?) things about NFL Gamepass is you can go back and watch all the way back to 2011.   I watched the replay of that game.   Some of the guts of todays team played that day (milano, tre, edmunds, holmes, dion, poyer, hyde).   I guess my point is I am still embarrassed about the display that day and although I rarely am immature enough to want revenge , but I really want revenge for that one.  Last years game was only a warmup without Diggs , et al on the roster. 

I am hoping prime time Saturday night is where the Process delivers a payday/payback win in a big way.   I want a beatdown.   

i literally have no Memory of this game (thankfully).