Eagles fire Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Actually this one gets interesting. Could mean Wentz stays. Also this could be our new offensive coordinator. 

This is Wentz contract (click to embiggen)

image.thumb.png.16ed8fa61a85e9dcd94e58c9be58ed58.png

Parting from Wentz next season would cost the Eagles $60M in cap.

His $15M salary becomes fully guaranteed March 15th.

Who is going to trade for a benched QB who is due $15M in salary, $22-20M in subsequent years?

Fundamentally, the Eagles "best way out" is to try to hire a QB whisperer who can salvage something out of Wentz.  It's clear there was no going back for Pederson and Wentz.

I do not want Pederson as our new OC.  Brett Kollman does an interesting job of breaking down how yes, a lot of it is Carson Wentz, but play calling and design has something to do with how badly it all went in Philly, not to mention lack of coaching/accountability for Wentz.

Benny445: "As an Eagles fan: Do I REALLY want to watch this? Yes. Yes I do."

Brett Kollmann: "Just make sure you do it with a drink in hand"

Brett Kollman: "I'll be honest, I've watched every single Eagles game this season over the last week and a half..."

William Young: "Cruel torture that explains the deep dark circles under the eyes."

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who is going to trade for a benched QB who is due $15M in salary, $22-20M in subsequent years?

Fundamentally, the Eagles "best way out" is to try to hire a QB whisperer who can salvage something out of Wentz.  It's clear there was no going back for Pederson and Wentz.

Trade and restructuring of contracts has happened before.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep, probably one of the main reasons Pederson was fired, although I don't think Wentz is salvageable.

Edited by mannc

59 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Man, that's nuts.  Won the SB three years ago.  Covid season.  Just wow.  Pederson just went to the top of the heap for coaches.  Jets become instant contenders hiring this dude.  Again, just....wow.

Shirley you can’t be serious about the Jets being contenders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

He has a ring at Bradys expense so good for him.

also, who cares about the last game of the season. He mailed it in, which a lot of teams do.

it was hilarious seeing the 6-10 Giants whine about missing the playoffs because Philly didn’t play hard enough. You were six and friggin ten!!!

“Highly unprofessional” is not a trait most seek when hiring.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Man, that's nuts.  Won the SB three years ago.  Covid season.  Just wow.  Pederson just went to the top of the heap for coaches.  Jets become instant contenders hiring this dude.  Again, just....wow.

He is garbage.  Keeps his head stuck in his play sheet all game, and has no idea what's really going on in the game.  Should have been fined and suspended by the league after the nonsense he pulled at the end of the Eagles-Redskins game.  I can not imagine any team will want any part of him.  Good for the Eagles getting rid of him.   

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do not want Pederson as our new OC.  Brett Kollman does an interesting job of breaking down how yes, a lot of it is Carson Wentz, but play calling and design has something to do with how badly it all went in Philly, not to mention lack of coaching/accountability for Wentz.

Benny445: "As an Eagles fan: Do I REALLY want to watch this? Yes. Yes I do."

Brett Kollmann: "Just make sure you do it with a drink in hand"

Brett Kollman: "I'll be honest, I've watched every single Eagles game this season over the last week and a half..."

William Young: "Cruel torture that explains the deep dark circles under the eyes."

A different perspective: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-20210111.html

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Doug Pederson hate runs deep at TBD....

I actually rather like him?  But I believe the film room reviews that perhaps the play calling had something to do with the Wentz situation

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Funny how Lurie and Roseman were geniuses 3-4 years ago

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually rather like him?  But I believe the film room reviews that perhaps the play calling had something to do with the Wentz situation

Read the article @dave mcbride posted, quite a different view on the Pederson firing.

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.jpeg.7e78774d9f66714078ef206ce9fc1444.jpeg
Hello dere.

That's HEDley.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Read the article @dave mcbride posted, quite a different view on the Pederson firing.

I did and gave my viewpoint:  Lurie and Roseman were geniuses 3 seasons ago.  Well, Pederson was too, to be fair.  But I have no clue what went on behind the scenes.  I can speak to what I see, or what rings true to me as assessments of play calling.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Doug Pederson hate runs deep at TBD....

He beat Tommy and Hoodie. He’s a god to me 😂 

1 minute ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Every coach had a bad year. But not every HC won SB. He’ll find job rather quickly

Spot on. OL was decimated. Don’t like the last game fiasco but he has a solid resume. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another HC opening 

Daboll/Hurts connection?

Not surprising with the way the end of the season went down and the QB garbage in the last game.

I thought this was where the Jets wanted to go if they got rid of Gase.  I even thought that they may hold onto Gase one more season to line it up with Pederson, but this is 1A in my mind for the Jets.

Look for Bienemy (Reid disciple) to get the Philly Job.  They loved and miss Andy there.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

My hot take on that week 17 fiasco: Pederson obviously is secure in his job or he wouldn’t be doing this

New hot take: Pederson obviously wanted out and was asking to be fired

I will have a lot more respect for Pederson’s intellectual acuity if this is found to be the case.  The Iggles are going to be a tire fire for at least a couple seasons.  He had two seasons left on his contract and he’ll probably get paid to sit on a beach for those two seasons rather than go through the horror of coaching a team that’s trying to avoid 0-16.