Leslie Frazier interviewing for Texans job

BillsMafi$

29 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

I would advice Frazier not to take the Houston job, apparently they have a more obscured Russ Brandon at the controls, check this article out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

They'll hire Bienemy as it seems that's who Watson favors. They need to keep him happy. To trade an elite WR then followup by trading an elite QB would be unforgivable. 

18 hours ago, klos63 said:

The Texans have at least 3 minority candidates scheduled for an interview. They are really checking that box.  I would say you are indeed, wrong.

It's not hard to say that Frazier is qualified, since he was previously was a head coach that led his team from a 3-13 season to making the playoffs the following season. He was a successful college head coach, a successful position coach and coordinator, as assistant head coach... most white coaches don't need that type of resume to get multiple gigs. Look at Gase for example.

You say you don't know if he's qualified, but feel confident to post that you think he's only being interviewed to meet a quota. That's really weak.

Thanks for calling me out - I deserve it....it was a first reaction post as to which I will certainly not be so quick to pull the race trigger card in the future.  I was unaware - no excuse - that the Texans had already interviewed 2 minority candidate before Fraizer - I was well aware of his NFL record with the Vikes which leads me to say I can not say he is or isn't qualified - I lack the football accumen you obviously possess over me.

Again - I sincerely appreciate the call out and will try to be a better poster going forward.....have a nice day.

• Like (+1) 5

Link to team defensive stats for this year: 

Pass:  https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2020/reg/all

Rush: https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/rushing/2020/reg/all

(posted wrong thread first—offense, sorry)

And, I think everyone agrees race should not be an impediment to a career opportunity.  Going out on a limb so as to try to explain this in a non-divisive manner (which is not a popular position of late) but reading in game threads and non-game day threads, we all read and many posted countless threads questioning Frazier’s play calling not his race.  I’d like to assume that people are surprised he’s getting a HC shot based on his performance this year, not his race.  “With peace and love”.  😉

Edited by biggerdaddynj

On 1/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

He actually makes a lot of sense in Houston

You have him as the head guy - organiser/sets the tone/direction

But this allows Watson to be more the offensive coordinator. The texans don't need an offensive coach as their QB is already developed

Watson is nowhere near as good as Mahomes and Mahomes has an offensive coordinator.  Watson is sort of a prima donna. He is staring at a career with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, Mayfield, Herbert, and Lawrence in the same Conference.  He might not even be a top 5 QB in his own Conference in a year or two from now.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

I don't think that the poster's comment was meant as a dig at Frazier. I think the comment was meant to suggest that the Texans are not seriously looking at Frazier. There have been many situations we teams are having a candidate interview to cynically satisfy the Rooney Rule.

As stated by others, they had already satisfied that rule. So it was quite serious and Frazier is a very good D coordinator and has experience as head coach. So the comment was short sighted and was only made because Frazier is black.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

As stated by others, they had already satisfied that rule. So it was quite serious and Frazier is a very good D coordinator and has experience as head coach. So the comment was short sighted and was only made because Frazier is black.

I agree. My post was a response to someone's post being misunderstood. Leslie Frazier is a very good coach and deserves to be interviewed for open HC positions.

1 minute ago, scribo said:

The Texans job is the worse one. By far. Worse than the Jets. No one way that team is back to winning ways for a few years, at the earliest. But hiring Frazier would may help keep their QB.

At least the Texans have a QB ( depending on what happens trade talk wise) The Jets have no QB. Saleh is going to have his hands full, stupid move on his part to take the Jets job

16 minutes ago, scribo said:

The Texans job is the worse one. By far. Worse than the Jets. No one way that team is back to winning ways for a few years, at the earliest. But hiring Frazier would may help keep their QB.

I think the Eagles might be worse. Their cap situation is just an absolute hell right now and it's an old and not very talented team, plus a power struggle in the front office that you probably want no part of. Houston you at least have a young stud QB (assuming you can reign him back in) and the Jets have a boatload of cap space and picks; they're a good situation for a rebuild.

Edited by DCOrange

18 minutes ago, scribo said:

Man I don't know about that. They have the biggest piece set (QB). And he's a great one.

Everything else can be fixed IMO.

31 minutes ago, scribo said:

The Texans are a good football team. They beat the Pats and took the Titans to the limit in week 17.  That team could easily win 10 games next year with Frazier as coach if he can improve the defense.  

27 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

Man I don't know about that. They have the biggest piece set (QB). And he's a great one.

Everything else can be fixed IMO.

And I think it will be. It may feel like a mess right now but Caserio is a smart guy. Give it the offseason. They lack draft capital but have the most important piece. They will be back. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:49 AM, klos63 said:

They'll hire Bienemy as it seems that's who Watson favors. They need to keep him happy. To trade an elite WR then followup by trading an elite QB would be unforgivable. 

Frazier is 100x better than Bienemy and they need defensive help, not offensive help.  Not sure why people love Bienemy.  He has the best quarterback in the NFL and Andy Reid runs their offense.  What exactly makes him such a good head coaching prospect.  Who couldn't succeed with Mahomes and Reid.

Frazier is known as being a stand up guy. He has helped turn a chaotic team in buffalo to an organized success

Houston is a disaster right now, the ownership and front office are considered pricks and the team is influx going back to trading Hopkins

Frazier has the experience and reputation of what Houston should be looking for