Leslie Frazier interviewing for Texans job

BillsMafi$

11 hours ago, Kwai San said:

2 Words.....Rooney Rule.

Before I clicked on this thread, I asked myself how long it would take for this response....it only took 6 posts.

This has always bothered me over the years in the many different coach interview threads, and I look forward to the day when this response is not present in one of these threads. I know we can do it!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Heitz said:

Its amazing we've won any games with a D Coord that blows, an O Coord that should be fired, a Head Coach that can't get it done and a GM who constantly misses on picks. 🙄 :beer:

Now, how do *I* use the sarcasm reaction to my OWN post?

Well all of them are better than some "fans" but we cannot fire them.

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

Before I clicked on this thread, I asked myself how long it would take for this response....it only took 6 posts.

This has always bothered me over the years in the many different coach interview threads, and I look forward to the day when this response is not present in one of these threads. I know we can do it!!

I look forward to day when word "minority" has not been coopted to be black since when other minorities do not get same treatment.

I think losing Coach Frazier would be a huge loss to this team and to Sean.

He brought Frazier aboard as someone with HC experience to help get himself comfortable.

Good Luck to you Coach Frazier but I hope you stay in Buffalo for a long long time.:)

6 hours ago, Special K said:

I agree it will be a great thing but this is what it is.  No WAY Frazier gets that job......good on him if he does but I just don't see it happening.....

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Well all of them are better than some "fans" but we cannot fire them.

I look forward to day when word "minority" has not been coopted to be black since when other minorities do not get same treatment.

‘co-opted’... in regards to the NFL, get back to me when 60% of the players in the NFL are female or Latino.  Maybe look forward to the day when NFL coaches and front offices racially look like the guys who actually put on the pads.  

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

There's always someone that says this every time a black coach is interviewed. You don't think he's qualified and is only being interviewed because he's black?

Sadly I "think" he is being brought in so the Texans can check off that minority box, hope I am wrong. 

Do I think he is qualified?  Hell if I know, I doubt you do either.  If I was an owner I wouldn't feel qualified either!  Football minds would know.....I'm JAG who watches football.  I would love to inflate my ego and say I know more than I don't but I am at least smart enough to say - I don't know what I don't know and I don't know if he is qualified.

24 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Sadly I "think" he is being brought in so the Texans can check off that minority box, hope I am wrong. 

Do I think he is qualified?  Hell if I know, I doubt you do either.  If I was an owner I wouldn't feel qualified either!  Football minds would know.....I'm JAG who watches football.  I would love to inflate my ego and say I know more than I don't but I am at least smart enough to say - I don't know what I don't know and I don't know if he is qualified.

They have already interviewed two minority coaches. So no, he isn't being used to check that box. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have already interviewed two minority coaches. So no, he isn't being used to check that box. 

I stand corrected - thanks for that info.  I still stand by the fact that I do not know if Frazier is qualified to take anyther grab at the HC ring....

Again why did we decide to allow them to go for interview. IF I am an OC in the playoffs, I would want to spend every second I could studying film, at practices, doing what I can from home... instead of having my head in the clouds thinking about my next Job... I mean if you guys were McD. Wouldn't that be what you expect out of your OC and DC?

I have seen so many times in the past teams refused till the run is over then go do your thing...   The players are professionals but this is a distraction WE DON'T NEED!

IF someone can explain it then I would appreciate it cause this topic is driving me nuts.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Again why did we decide to allow them to go for interview. IF I am an OC in the playoffs, I would want to spend every second I could studying film, at practices, doing what I can from home... instead of having my head in the clouds thinking about my next Job... I mean if you guys were McD. Wouldn't that be what you expect out of your OC and DC?

I have seen so many times in the past teams refused till the run is over then go do your thing...   The players are professionals but this is a distraction WE DON'T NEED!

IF someone can explain it then I would appreciate it cause this topic is driving me nuts.

We are not allowed to stop them. 

10 hours ago, Special K said:

It's literally a rule. Why would it not be talked about?