Leslie Frazier interviewing for Texans job

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Good. He blows.

Way to stay classy there joe...

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

How the hell does the NFL allow interviews of both coordinators going into the divisional round?

It's ridiculous and puts us at a major disadvantage.

Amazing, isn't it.

I think he he deserves interviews given our D last year and adjustments this year after a bad start.  Although last weeks game was bad.  I’m not sure I’d hire him based on his past HC record and performance this year with Edmunds and the run D regressing, but he deserves interviews. 

That said, it’s absurd interviews are allowed during the divisional round.  The NfL should not allow any coaching interviews of anyone until after the SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

How the hell does the NFL allow interviews of both coordinators going into the divisional round?

Agreed. The fact of the matter is that these things take time to do, and they also take emotional effort and preparation. By their very nature, they *have* to take away from your prep/focus on the next opponent, regardless of what they say -- I don't think all that time is just spent lounging around doing nothing in a normal week for NFL coordinators.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

27 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Belichick. The 🐐 after his second try

Greatest cheater of all time, busted every four and half years ish on average for two decades.... 

Go Bills!!!

Among the conspiracy theories on Twitter:

- Frazier is just being interview to comply with the Rooney rule (even though they interview Jim Caldwell)

- The interview is a performative gesture in response to Watson allegedly not being happy that a minority candidate like Eric Bienemy was considered.

and my favorite:

- Interviewing Frazier is all part of an elaborate scheme for Nick Caserio to help his fellow John Carrol alumni Greg Roman get a competitive edge.   He’s simply interviewing Leslie to distract him from preparing a game plan this week.  More time interviewing = less time game planning!  LOL

Of course, if he wanted to do a solid for his buddy you’d think he’d give Roman the interview!  

• Haha (+1) 2

Leslie's earned another shot somewhere imho, but the timing (given our playoff run) of even the interviews for both he and Dabs stinks, as has been pointed out already upthread. I do believe that the players & organization as a whole are deep enough into the culture, process timeline that the loss of either or both can be overcome (and maybe even upgraded) for us. That's my story at least and I'm sticking to it! 

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

Yes, completely understand Star opting out, apparently he was genetically predisposed to COVID, and decision came late.  First 6 games defense was a mess, and not great against Indy.  Hope he stays with a full toolkit next year.

Speaking of star what a kick in the gonads if we win the super bowl and he opted out.

About age, 61 is not that old these days. He's got potentially 10-15 years of coaching left.

Marv certainly did an incredible job in his 60s (on his second go round). 

Andy Reid is 62 or 63 I think and on his second go round and is doing pretty well too.

(And of course, Belichick got a second chance and now he's getting a medal for cheating his way to the top.)

49 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I don't think that the poster's comment was meant as a dig at Frazier. I think the comment was meant to suggest that the Texans are not seriously looking at Frazier. There have been many situations we teams are having a candidate interview to cynically satisfy the Rooney Rule.

this is the way I took it as well. I thought it was an insult to Bob McNair's previous racist comments and for the recent story about his son neglecting the hiring firm's suggestion of hiring a minority as GM. 

love me some Leslie and hope he gets another HC gig. 

45 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Just so everyone's aware because I remembered something about this rule but just looked it up to confirm: teams cannot interview coaches on playoff teams after this upcoming weekend's games, so this is the last week for them to interview Daboll/Frazier until we lose.

I assume Caserio will only hire someone he interviews so prior interviews may not matter much even though they are satisfying the rule. That said, I think it's interesting that Frazier was selected and I think it's a recognition of his work with the Bills. Assuming the folks in NE* respected Frazier.

Good luck with the interview coach!

1 hour ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Jeeze not much love for our coach???? I think he has done a pretty good job with what he has to work with.Not having Star this season really hurt and not having a clearcut#2 cornerback has hurt.I think Leslie runs what coach Mcdermott wants him to run...

They're a year removed from being top 5 as well.  

27 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Among the conspiracy theories on Twitter:

- Frazier is just being interview to comply with the Rooney rule (even though they interview Jim Caldwell)

- The interview is a performative gesture in response to Watson allegedly not being happy that a minority candidate like Eric Bienemy was considered.

and my favorite:

- Interviewing Frazier is all part of an elaborate scheme for Nick Caserio to help his fellow John Carrol alumni Greg Roman get a competitive edge.   He’s simply interviewing Leslie to distract him from preparing a game plan this week.  More time interviewing = less time game planning!  LOL

Of course, if he wanted to do a solid for his buddy you’d think he’d give Roman the interview!  

The players don't interview though... 

10 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

About age, 61 is not that old these days. He's got potentially 10-15 years of coaching left.

Marv certainly did an incredible job in his 60s (on his second go round). 

Andy Reid is 62 or 63 I think and on his second go round and is doing pretty well too.

(And of course, Belichick got a second chance and now he's getting a medal for cheating his way to the top.)

Normally I would agree but I think that his age will probably hurt him only because owners want a young, flashy innovative thinker.

I do believe that Frazier might actually be a good HC hire in the right situation.  He’s a very calm and positive presence who relates well to people and just about all players love playing for him.  

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Just so everyone's aware because I remembered something about this rule but just looked it up to confirm: teams cannot interview coaches on playoff teams after this upcoming weekend's games, so this is the last week for them to interview Daboll/Frazier until we lose.

Appreciate your opinion. But it is feasible to prepare for an interview which they should have been getting ready for over last several weeks. They get such an adrenaline high from that they can also have game prep. I know most people disagree but I don’t see it as a problem. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

He would be such a good, stabilizing presence for that franchise.

I know he really wants another shot at a head coaching job. I wish him luck! 
Glad to see that he’s at least getting an HCing interview. He should be getting more IMO. The Bills have had a top tier defense almost every year since he became DC. 

That's my take too.  Houston could use a little process and stability...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Absolutely.  If bums like Doug Marrone, Gregg Williams, Rex Ryan and Mike Mularkey can get second (and third) chances as HC, Leslie Frazier most certainly  deserves another one...He seems like a class act who is respected by all...not a bad guy to be leading your team.  

and look what happened to them.....  they are the rule and not the exception.   i did a deep dive on this years ago when the Bills hired Ryan and the odds are really low that they will become successful.  

Edited by jethro_tull