538 Gives Bills 65% chance of winning against Ravens and model says point spread should be Bills -4.5

Big Turk

Bills have lowest chance among any of the favorites.  For what it is worth, Baltimore was favored against Tennessee in their models with a 57% chance of winning.

image.thumb.png.3ec8bf374d2e0ebf3eef3cd7b0b9496d.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to 538 Gives Bills 65% chance of winning against Ravens and model says point spread should be Bills -4.5
27 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

After the election, everything 538 does needs to be taken with a grain of salt

I mean - reliance upon polling data and trends is always a challenge.  Certain polls traditionally are right - but you're still extrapolating a ton of data from a small sample size.

The high number of absentee and mail-in ballots in general made this an incredibly hard election to project.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

I mean - reliance upon polling data and trends is always a challenge.  Certain polls traditionally are right - but you're still extrapolating a ton of data from a small sample size.

The high number of absentee and mail-in ballots in general made this an incredibly hard election to project.

You're right, and models always have the caveat that they are drawing from the data they have and there is risk of an incomplete set.

But maaaaaaan those margins were off

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You're right, and models always have the caveat that they are drawing from the data they have and there is risk of an incomplete set.

But maaaaaaan those margins were off

They nailed the Georgia senate races.

36 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They also predicted that Biden could win even with a strong polling error in favor of Trump, which is what happened. But some of the win projections in individual states was way off. Why is Wisconsin so hard to poll haha?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Bills have lowest chance among any of the favorites.  For what it is worth, Baltimore was favored against Tennessee in their models with a 57% chance of winning.

image.thumb.png.3ec8bf374d2e0ebf3eef3cd7b0b9496d.png

I think the Bills should be favorites but not by nearly 2 to 1 odds.   I see this as a 55-45 odds type of deal.