John Brown need you to step up going forward

ILBillsfan

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

If Baltimore plays as they did yesterday, and we play (as a unit) as we did against Indy, we lose.

Gotta step up! 

The Ravens and Titans looked like two offensively challenged teams.  I don't think either played particularly well.  The Titans defense was terrible at the end of the year.  The Ravens struggled against them.

31 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Brown will be gone next year.. Gabe Davis is in the process of being a 1,000 yard receiver.. Not as fast as Brown, but still fast and more size.. Gabe Davis will be a very good receiver in this league..

Smoke Brown still has one more year of his original contract, I doubt they cut him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

As much as I like Brown and would love the Bills to keep his speed, skill, and positive attitude as a Bills player, this is his last season in Buffalo.

Too many holes, not enough money, and Allen's massive contract mean that Smoke is a too expensive luxury going forward.

Hope he has a monster game or two to keep Ravens backpedaling into a loss. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did McKenzie even step on The field? I’m not sure he hasn’t earned some touches the way he’s played all year. His quickness is an asset and that jet motion causes problems for the defense. 

As for Brown, he was never open the last time the bills played the Ravens. 

Wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie played just four offensive snaps.

• Like (+1) 2

They need Brown to step up and make plays. But the Colts game was only his second week back from injury. I think he still has some rust to shake off. Hopefully against the Ravens he is locked and loaded because when he brings that speed element to the offense the offense is virtually unstoppable. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

They need Brown to step up and make plays. But the Colts game was only his second week back from injury. I think he still has some rust to shake off. Hopefully against the Ravens he is locked and loaded because when he brings that speed element to the offense the offense is virtually unstoppable. 

I'm hoping some rust as well as well as the knee/ankle may be bugging him some too.  To force the ravens to throw the Bills need to get up early via the pass to neutralize their run game

28 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Love smoke...but i believe we save some money by cutting him next year.

Hell be gone. We have a lot of contracts pending.

I get this point.  It depends on how our players are valued, with Brown being in the mix with Milano, etc.  

At any rate, I don't see us cutting Brown.  He'll have trade value.  I bet Green Bay would like him.  

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Going to say I was most disappointed in Brown on Saturday and was really expecting him to be a bigger factor in the Game Saturday.

Couple of plays that really could of had different outcomes the first was the play where he was open and the ball went right through his hands and up in the air that a lot of times end up as pick.  And the second was very similar to the fourth down play last year in Baltimore where he needs to attack back inside.  On the almost pick imo he did not again attack the ball towards the middle that let the CB get the inside position and the potential pick.

Davis seemed to be the second option.  Maybe it is still a little rust but I think to beat Baltimore you have to again get out ahead of them and neutralize the run game of Baltimore and make Jackson beat you with his arm and to optimize that need all receivers to really bring that A game and not see a repeat of what I seen from John Brown this last weekend.

Thats a good D and I haven't watched closely but I assume they took away the crosses that he makes a living on...

If he can't give us anything better than he gave us on Saturday, he needs to be watching from the sideline. I really like him and think he's an absolute baller, but he was a complete waste of a resource at the Z last week.

In the regular season you can let a guy shake off the rust, work back into game shape, nurse along an injury or whatever. But now it's elimination time and there's no room for passengers. If you can't bring it on Saturday, it's time to get out of the way and make room for somebody who can.

• Agree 1

I think seeing as JB has been on the sideline for a while there will be a bit of rust to knock off but i think he will be the old Smokey we know & love as he gets more time on the field . Not to mention that this is his old team so that could be a motivation too this week . 

The team came out really tight, and the early drops showed this.  Now that they're off the schneid, I expect both Brown and Diggs to come out much looser and eliminate those early drops.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie played just four offensive snaps.

That explains a lot.  We need a healthy McKittrick to provide that X factor.