Is everyone underestimating the Chiefs?

BITE ME

"Disinterested" means "not prejudiced" or "neutral" in a conflict.

"Uninterested" means "I don't care" or "bored"

The Chiefs may be uninterested (I doubt it) but they are not disinterested. 

—Your friendly neighborhood usage cop

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• BITE ME changed the title to Is everyone overlooking the Chiefs?
38 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are overlooked.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They humiliated the Ravens and the Bills earlier this year.  Yes, they laughed at the Bills despite the score. They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers.

Is your name Hi Football IQ by chance?

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are overlooked.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They humiliated the Ravens and the Bills earlier this year.  Yes, they laughed at the Bills despite the score. They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers.

Not fearing any team, the Bills will beat whoever they play.

Go Bills!!!

• BITE ME changed the title to Is everyone underestimating the Chiefs?
5 minutes ago, TallskiWallski83 said:

The Browns have a very real chance of upsetting Kansas City this week if they can keep their ground game going and keep their defense off the field. I still like the Chiefs, but the Browns are live.

I hope so and really thought that too until I took a closer look.  Kansas City is REALLY good. They went on autopilot the last month of the year but they just dominated some good teams this year.

Most people believe the Chiefs are the best team in football, outside of Bills/Packers fans and media personalities trying to get attention.

They are not being overlooked.  Being one of the few teams that:

a)  Wrapped up their division and #1 seed many weeks ago

b)  Sat their starters Week 17, and 

c)  Got a first round bye

... there simply hasn't been much to discuss regarding the Chiefs recently.

Personally, I do think the Chiefs are the NFL's best team.  But I also think they are quite a bit overrated, and very beatable.  There are some who act like Kansas City is already a dynasty, with only one Super Bowl trophy under their belts.  

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are underestimated. They may be an all-time great team.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers. I wonder if they just turn it on when necessary.

The dominance by the Chiefs and Mahomes in their 2 games against Bills and Ravens is staggering

Mahomes threw for a 610 yards and 6TDs and 0 Interceptions in two games against Bills and Ravens.

Jackson and Allen combined for 219 passing yards and 3 TD's and 1 interception in the two games against the Chiefs. 

I never realized how badly the Chiefs beat the Bills and Ravens.

I would say if you picked Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship, then the one underestimating the Chiefs is you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Their starters will basically have had 2 weeks off, I wonder if this will effect them at all negatively? Its one of the reasons I didn't want the Bills to rest anyone week 17, at least not at the beginning of the game, they were hot, didn't want them to cool off AT ALL.

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are underestimated. They may be an all-time great team.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers. I wonder if they just turn it on when necessary.

The dominance by the Chiefs and Mahomes in their 2 games against Bills and Ravens is staggering

Mahomes threw for a 610 yards and 6TDs and 0 Interceptions in two games against Bills and Ravens.

Jackson and Allen combined for 219 passing yards and 3 TD's and 1 interception in the two games against the Chiefs. 

I never realized how badly the Chiefs beat the Bills and Ravens.

You convinced me. We're boned.

I think guys like Cowherd have gone a little overboard ranking the Chiefs 4th in power rankings.

Yes they struggled in Atlanta, but when they had to have it, they went right down the field. 

The Bills and Chiefs have a near equivalent defense in yards, rush, pass, sacks and points.

And the Chiefs don’t have or employ a dominant run game. 

But it’s Mahomes, Hill and Kelce with Reid calling plays. Can you stop them? And so far we’re 3 seasons in, and the answer is no you can’t. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck