Is everyone underestimating the Chiefs?

BITE ME

11 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are overlooked.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They humiliated the Ravens and the Bills earlier this year.  Yes, they laughed at the Bills despite the score. They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers.

Who exactly is over looking the Chiefs?

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are overlooked.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They humiliated the Ravens and the Bills earlier this year.  Yes, they laughed at the Bills despite the score. They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers.

No team has to be better than Kansas City.  They just have to be better for 3 hours. 

Weird things happen in NFL games.  I think they may be rusty and the Browns are coming in on a high... and they can run like crazy.

But I still expect the Chiefs to win.  Other than the Saints game, they haven't seemed fully engaged in their late season games much.  They will certainly be focused this week so we'll see.

As much as Reid gets accolades for his "magic"coaching, I still think he is the weak link. Not in game prep but in heat of the moment decisions. Mahomes has bailed Reid out of so many games. If we can hang with them and do what the Pats did two years ago we can win against them. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, the Ravens is going to be a tough game!

2 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Humiliated the Bills? Not quite. Our coaches played scared, in a very bad weather day, with a hurt QB and let them run on them. 
The Bills were one score away in the 4th quarter, hardly humiliating.

Fast forward to this week. Our coaches played scared again. 
That’s my worry. Spend way too much time trying to contain Jackson and not going for it offensively.

Worry about KC if the time comes.

Humiliated is probably the wrong word here.  If Bass makes the long FG before half its tied.  There was a RZ 4th and 1 where KC scored, a stop there and its a whole new game.  Had a 3rd and 1 on the next drive stuffed. 23-17 with 6 minutes left.. 3rd and 12 to pringle for like 37 yards was the killer too. Even if you just flip that play and its incomplete - they punt to allen up 6 with 4 minutes left.

I thought the Bills played KC pretty tough the score was 24 KC to 17 Bills yes KC got the win but if the Bills play to the potential on D and JA can play the way he has i don't see it being a romp by KC .

Now that being said if the Bills play D like they did against the Colts then forget it they will be going home ! But i hope they can fix what ever it was that went wrong in that game because at times they just looked lost or very confuse to what the Colts were doing . 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

This thread gets the "Nick Wright" award.

Nick Wright was wrong about the Bills.  I expect them to roll the Ravens.  However I think he may be right about the Chiefs.  I never realized until this morning how dominant they can be against good teams if they kick into gear.  They are just better than everyone.  I am amazed I didn't see this until watching some of their games trying to figure out a way to make money wagering against them. 

24 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Nobody is overlooking the Chiefs. They are beatable, but they’ve been the best team in the NFL all year

They have the best record but they have definitely not played the best.