Is everyone underestimating the Chiefs?

BITE ME

I believe the Chiefs will be rusty against the Browns and the first half will be close.  In the 2nd half, the Chiefs will be warmed up and will pull away.  Until proven otherwise, they are the best team in football.  If the Bills play their best game against the Chiefs, they can hang with them and have a chance to win, because the Bills are also an excellent football team.  Since the Bills and Chiefs played the first time, the following has happened:  1) Allen has gotten healthy; 2) the Bills have made adjustments on defense and are playing much better (not lights out, but better, as they had been terrible).

BUT, let's not think about the Chiefs right now.  The Bills need to focus on the Ravens, a very difficult challenge.  Once again, if the Bills play their best game, they can and should beat the Ravens.  If the Bills play a poor game, the Ravens will win.  If it is something in between (which is most likely), it will be a hotly contested game that goes down to the wire and will likely be decided by a single big play - a turnover, a replay call, a last second FG try, etc.

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

I picked the Browns vs Bills in the AFC Championship back in early December and will stick with that, but it is amazing how the Chiefs are underestimated. They may be an all-time great team.

They have 1 real loss in a year and a half.  They may just be significantly better than everyone in the NFL. I actually took some time last night and this morning to look at their last few games.  It is pretty obvious they were a very disinterested team. It was almost like a cat toying with a mouse.  I worry they may be SIGNIFICANTLY better than everyone left, including the Packers. I wonder if they just turn it on when necessary.

The dominance by the Chiefs and Mahomes in their 2 games against Bills and Ravens is staggering

Mahomes threw for a 610 yards and 6TDs and 0 Interceptions in two games against Bills and Ravens.

Jackson and Allen combined for 219 passing yards and 3 TD's and 1 interception in the two games against the Chiefs. 

I never realized how badly the Chiefs beat the Bills and Ravens.

You never realized how bad they beat the bills until.....when?  When you looked at the stats?  

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Yes.  Yes they are.  The Chiefs sometimes make games harder than they need to be, but when they're firing on all cylinders there isn't a team in the league who can hang with them.

I think we can, if the Bills and KC are both firing your talking about the most exciting playoff game ever. There are 4 teams at this level. KC, Bills, Packers and Saints.

44 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You never realized how bad they beat the bills until.....when?  When you looked at the stats?  

Yes. I remember us having a shot late and maybe that is why I thought it was winnable.  But 466 yards of offense for the Chiefs vs 206 yards of offense for the Bills is total domination. I did not remember it being that one sided.

Edited by BITE ME

Yes, I am underestimating them.  For sure they are an elite team.  I just don't think they are as dominant as they were last season.  They don't seem as scary.  That doesn't mean I am 100% confident we would beat them if we get there... more like I am not confident its a sure loss either.  The team is beatable.  While they are still beating most teams they face, they are sloppy and making mistakes.  They start slow.  Eventually that can and will bite them.  This year?  Maybe.

1 hour ago, BITE ME said:

Yes. I remember us having a shot late and maybe that is why I thought it was winnable.  But 466 yards of offense for the Chiefs vs 206 yards of offense for the Bills is total domination. I did not remember it being that one sided.

It was winnable.  We were inches away from having the ball with under 5 minutes left with a chance to take the lead on Zimmers strip of Helaires when we were down 23-17.  They ended up getting a fg on that drive to put them up 2 scores with under 2 minutes left.  

We literally gave them the run.  It was almost as if the coaching staff didn’t have enough confidence in our offense.  Maybe it was because of the rain and terrible conditions?  While we lost, it was probably the right move as our offense couldn’t really ever get it going.  We had a chance at the end. We just couldn’t get off the field.

The Chiefs don't look as good as they did last year (tough to say for a team with their record, but they eye test isn't as good lately.)  The question is...are they NOT as good as a 14-2 team should be?  Or were they simply on their version of 'cruise control' the last 2 months and will turn it on when they need to?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Brown have two very good RB’s and Baker Mayfield is a wildcard. If they are running the ball and Baker is locked in they will be a very tuff out.

Remember, Kareem Hunt played in KC. He may play with extra incentive along with the rest of his Dawg Pound thugs

Edited by Solomon Grundy

Super Bowl Champions played well enough to lock the 1st seed.

That's all they needed to do for the regular season.

Now that the playoffs start for them let's see how they play.

I expect them to be able to "turn it way up" when they need to. 

BUT they may not be able to do that.