Bill games won by other than the QB?

Chaos

If football was hockey the game star for the Browns from

last nights Browns -Steelers game would most likely be awarded to someone other than Baker Mayfield. Baker played fine but Chubb and Hunt and the first half defense were bigger contributors.  

The Qb is probably the primary game star in most NFL games but there are exceptions.  Which Bills winning games this season would you give the first star to, other than Allen? And which players ?

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

last nights Browns -Steelers game would most likely be awarded to someone other than Baker Mayfield. Baker played fine but Chubb and Hunt and the first half defense were bigger contributors.  

The Qb is probably the primary game star in most NFL games but there are exceptions.  Which Bills winning games this season would you give the first star to, other than Allen? And which players ?

That's because Baker isn't that guy. It's why he will never be a truly elite QB.  He can't beat you when the run game or the D isn't playing well.   

• Agree 1

I know this may not be a sexy pick, but I will say that Feliciano is an absolute monster on that line, ESPECIALLY when it comes to our run game.  I can't recall the exact game, but I think it was his 1st or 2nd game back from injury where the RB was stopped two yards from the end zone, until Feliciano came up and shoved him straight into the end zone through like 3 defenders...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

The first NE game was won by the OL and RB.  Moss and Motor show.  Motor had a few more yards but if I had to give a star to only one it would be Moss for the 2 TDs.

Chargers game was more equal between run and pass, but the run game was arguably more of a factor.  Neither scored a TD.  I'd give the edge a bit to Motor on that one.

12 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I know this may not be a sexy pick, but I will say that Feliciano is an absolute monster on that line, ESPECIALLY when it comes to our run game.  I can't recall the exact game, but I think it was his 1st or 2nd game back from injury where the RB was stopped two yards from the end zone, until Feliciano came up and shoved him straight into the end zone through like 3 defenders...

That was the NE game, and Mongo pulled him.  As they said on GMFB "Come on, Little Man, you're Coming with Me, I'll get you In"    It was his first game back from injury and he was thought to be on a snap count until Morse went out with concussion and he played the rest of the game at center.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The first NE game was won by the OL and RB.  Moss and Motor show.  Motor had a few more yards but if I had to give a star to only one it would be Moss for the 2 TDs.

Chargers game was more equal between run and pass, but the run game was arguably more of a factor.  Neither scored a TD.  I'd give the edge a bit to Motor on that one.

That was the NE game, and Mongo pulled him.  As they said on GMFB "Come on, Little Man, you're Coming with Me, I'll get you In"    It was his first game back from injury and he was thought to be on a snap count until Morse went out with concussion and he played the rest of the game at center.

Ahh yes....I remember being blown away by the immediate impact he had on the line....we ran around, over and through NE that game...

I pray that Beane is able to work his magic to keep our "Big 4" intact for next year.  Dawkins has been rock solid, and Williams has arguably been the most influential acquisition outside of Diggs. He's held down that RT spot from day one and done it in dominating fashion.  Morse has anchored our line and he really impressed me coming back from his concussion.  I can't lie, there was a big part of me that didn't think he would ever play again...so if Beane can keep all four together, man, that would be HUGE in SO many ways...

53 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Baker is Eli Manning right now, yet not sure he has Eli's clutch gene.

And Allen is what Rothelisberger was for the Steelers... I hope Allen and Mayfield get SB rings like Ben and Eli.

7 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Ahh yes....I remember being blown away by the immediate impact he had on the line....we ran around, over and through NE that game...

I pray that Beane is able to work his magic to keep our "Big 4" intact for next year.  Dawkins has been rock solid, and Williams has arguably been the most influential acquisition outside of Diggs. He's held down that RT spot from day one and done it in dominating fashion.  Morse has anchored our line and he really impressed me coming back from his concussion.  I can't lie, there was a big part of me that didn't think he would ever play again...so if Beane can keep all four together, man, that would be HUGE in SO many ways...

With Josh's unreal arm talent, and ability to throw from almost anywhere, RT becomes almost as important as LT.  He escapes the pocket, and lotsa good things happen including throwaways are no longer intentional grounding.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That's because Baker isn't that guy. It's why he will never be a truly elite QB.  He can't beat you when the run game or the D isn't playing well.   

Stefanski figured out the best way to get the most out of Baker is to make sure the ball isn't in his hands. I suspect next season will see Baker rise to new heights by direct snapping to Chubb/Hunt

Edited by jeremy2020

Bass, the teams leading scorer...

Go Bills!!!

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I hope Mayfield never gets a SB ring.   Because I want us wining the SB every year!!

This ^^^ me, I never want to see other teams have success, ya I know I’m a mean guy, I don’t like to share.

Go Bills!!!