Ravens 2020

Drew21PA

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Phillips, Star, and Shaq were on last year's team. The Ravens are a running team like no other and the Bills D line has shown zero ability to own the line. 

Well Phillips was the worst run defender we had so that one isn't much of a loss

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Hoping the bills jump out early and just take Baltimore our is their running scheme 

Running schemes are fine - but they're like a brees passing attack.  One holding penalty - one play getting stuffed - mis-read, etc. and the drive now requires more of a conventional 3rd and long conversion.  

A lot of people will talk themselves into believing the Ravens aren't good because of early-season results, injuries, COVID issues, etc. It's foolish. You can think the Bills are better, you can think the Bills will win, but thinking it's going to be easy or laughing at the notion that the Ravens could give us problems is foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

They are still a really good team. Stop the run and set the edge, make Jackson beat you with his arm. We are the more talented team but this is the playoffs. Anything can happen. 

Hollywood has a lower leg injury- not sure what the deal is with that?

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

A lot of people will talk themselves into believing the Ravens aren't good because of early-season results, injuries, COVID issues, etc. It's foolish. You can think the Bills are better, you can think the Bills will win, but thinking it's going to be easy or laughing at the notion that the Ravens could give us problems is foolish.

Good DBs, some good pass rushers - they played a soft schedule, but they are a capable group for sure.  I think buffalo is going to spread this team out quite a bit to identify where the extra rushers are coming from.  Using a 4th WR forces them out of packages that i think they're comfortable in - and you can move davis in as a TE if you want to roll with more of a max protect.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

The nightmare scenario has arrived. Objectively if I was an afc playoff team the last team I would want to see is Baltimore. Not Buffalo. 

How is this a nightmare scenario?  You do have to beat some good teams to win a super bowl.  KC is the one who's feeling pretty good I think.  They get the team with the weakest offense, and weakest defense remaining in the playoffs.  

24 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Put on a purple jersey and get a room already.     Sheeeeesh 

They lost their best O-lineman and can’t pass the football, congrats on sneaking past the Titans with 1980’s football.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
Add
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Running schemes are fine - but they're like a brees passing attack.  One holding penalty - one play getting stuffed - mis-read, etc. and the drive now requires more of a conventional 3rd and long conversion.  

Definitely. Baltimore's offense is a lot more explosive than Indy's by comparison though and Indy had no problem nickel and diming us all the way down the field until their drops ultimately cost them. We'll need to play better than we did this past week to win.

Certainly winnable and we should be favored, but Baltimore is a very good team much like we are.

I think people are scared of the Ravena more than they should be. Bills have shown they can stop either the run or pass. They'll stack the box and force Lamar to beat them with his arm and I think that's where his inaccuracy will show up. I flat out just don't think he can do it. If the Ravens play Man and Peters is on Diggs then Diggs will be open all game.

I am confident that McD will scheme the Bills' D to control Jackson's rushing.  The issue will be Dobbins and the TEs.  I hope the Bills play aggressive man vs. the TEs and keep Tre on Brown.

On offense, it all comes down to effectively dealing with the Ravens' blitzes.  They will do everything they can to confuse the OL and Josh.  I'm actually glad the Bills have an essentially non-existent running game because the Ravens are difficult to run against anyway.

In last year's game Josh had open receivers he missed...he let the blitzes affect him before he came alive in the 4th quarter.  As we all know, this is a new and improved Josh.

Is it Saturday yet?