Jump to content

Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football


Recommended Posts

So correct me if I am wrong.

 

But narrative around the Bills vs Ravens sounds like this.


How can the Bills contain Lamar Jackson?  

How can the Bills do anything against this amazing awesome one of a kind man to man blitzing ravens defense? 

 

It seems it is assumed the Bills will fail majority of the time doing the above while the Ravens will succeed at everything they do.

 

Edit:

 

They keep saying Ravens are hottest team cause they won 6 in a row. 

 - Weird, Bills have won 7 in a row.  

 

They keep assuming that since Lamar won a playoff game that he will now have that off his back will just roll through the playoffs.

 

Because the RAVENS are the hottest team and no one wants to play them......  

 

 

 

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

So correct me if I am wrong.

 

But narrative around the Bills vs Ravens sounds like this.


How can the Bills contain Lamar Jackson?  

How can the Bills do anything against this amazing awesome one of a kind man to man blitzing ravens defense? 

 

It seems it is assumed the Bills will fail majority of the time doing the above while the Ravens will succeed at everything they do.

 

Edit:

 

They keep saying Ravens are hottest team cause they won 6 in a row. 

 - Weird, Bills have won 7 in a row.  

 

They keep assuming that since Lamar won a playoff game that he will now have that off his back will just roll through the playoffs.

 

Because the RAVENS are the hottest team and no one wants to play them......  

 

 

 

sums it up perfectly. been that way all week.... i'm still trying to make sense of it.

 

i eventually went ahead and shut the TV off in my office today because every sports channel i went to had the same narrative.

 

 

....... but i guess who can blame them? its not like the Bills went 13-3 with the 5th hardest schedule in the NFL or anything.....

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

I’ll be absolutely sick if we lose this weekend and the browns pull off the upset and then go on to beat the Ravens and end up in the SB

 

The Baker love affair will be absolutely unbearable 

 

not sure why so many Bills fans love rooting for the Browns, I cannot stand that team 

I don't mind the team--in fact, I'd like to see them succeed after so many down years. But what do people see in Baker Mayfield? I must be missing it. Is it his persona in the commercials? In interviews, he comes across as an insufferable twit. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scribo said:

I think Buffalo needs to stick with 6-man protection. Our offense's advantage is that our four WRs are so good they cannot all be covered on any one play. This is where Josh Allen's top-tier ability to scramble tilts the scales, allowing to have an extra man going out.

 

Actually, I wouldn't mind 6 and 7 man protections for most of the game.  The Bills do a good job picking up the blitz and if given enough time they will get open.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

How can it be a “stupid” thought when the bills held Lamar to 40 yards rushing last year? That thought seems pretty objective to me based off of what we did to him last year. Again, not saying that Lamar can’t play well against us but we have shown that we can shut him down even if he is better than some of the rushing QBs we’ve faced this year.

Okay, you want to go back to last year's game and stats? Now we're stretching to the brink of objectivity, but I'm happy to go that route.

 

My point was that you compared him to "rushing QBs". He's a next level runner and the best athlete on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things I think are going to surprise folks when the game is over:

 

1.  Buffalo played better run defense than expected, and

 

2.  Baltimore was much better at throwing the ball than people expected.

 

Playoff pregame narratives don't always hold up.

 

Exhibits:

 

1.  Steelers barf all over the first period and lay the biggest playoff 1st quarter egg the world has ever seen,

2.  Bears defense played the heavily favored Saints tough all game long

3.  Washington was in the game at the end with a rookie 3rd string QB.

4.  Buffalo was going to roll the Colts and Taylor was going to run wild on the Bills

5.  Seattle had found their defense and their offense was going to do enough to stymie the Rams and their 9-digit QB.

6.  Henry was going to roll up a 100 yard on the Ravens

 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

Okay, you want to go back to last year's game and stats? Now we're stretching to the brink of objectivity, but I'm happy to go that route.

 

My point was that you compared him to "rushing QBs". He's a next level runner and the best athlete on the field.

I see your point about being a next level runner.

 

We’ll have to agree to disagree when it comes to him being the best athlete on the field though. If Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are on the same field, Josh Allen is the better athlete in my opinion.

 

Good back and forth, bro!

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Magox said:

 

Actually, I wouldn't mind 6 and 7 man protections for most of the game.  The Bills do a good job picking up the blitz and if given enough time they will get open.   

so we have 3-4 receivers vs 5-6 DBs?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

GMFB was a split vote today.  Kay and Peter chose the Ravens and Nate and Kyle chose the Bills.

That is interesting, I thought Kay has a little crush on JA and Nate was singing LJ's praise all week from what I saw. Should be a very good game. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nucci said:

so we have 3-4 receivers vs 5-6 DBs?

 

Depends on their blitz packages.  When they blitz with 5-6 which they will then yeah, max protecting with 6-7 makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No small part of why I want the Bills to win is so we don't have to endure seven months of "The Bills struggled in the playoffs when it really counted." That and the Jackson/Mahomes deification would be enough to drive me to drink. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewEra said:

 

Yeah, I heard everyone talking about that.  Relatively speaking, the wild card round isn’t a “big game”.  Sure, we all know how important it is....but  no one cares, and it’s part of the reason that we’re getting frowned on. 

I don't like that excuse though (not saying you.)  It's not like the Ravens did any better against the Titans.  Our game was at least exciting.  Their game was a snooze fest for the most part.

Edited by Scott7975
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


Are you being sarcastic or serious? Please tell me the wind will be below 20 mph. 

Why would I be being sarcastic. Lol. It's been getting better all day. Chance of snow and high winds going down. Looks like the bad stuff is going to come after the game overnight. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Process said:

Why would I be being sarcastic. Lol. It's been getting better all day. Chance of snow and high winds going down. Looks like the bad stuff is going to come after the game overnight. 

I thought you were being sarcastic as well in fairness to the other poster lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, finn said:

I don't mind the team--in fact, I'd like to see them succeed after so many down years. But what do people see in Baker Mayfield? I must be missing it. Is it his persona in the commercials? In interviews, he comes across as an insufferable twit. 


that’s what I mean. Anytime he has a little success he’s labeled as the next big thing 

 

Allen has the best QB performance of the weekend but you’ll never hear about it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

Now Jackson being elevated is an interesting play. I have no ideas what to make of that. Not surprised about Williams but I think he will be inactive.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RunTheBall said:

Now Jackson being elevated is an interesting play. I have no ideas what to make of that. Not surprised about Williams but I think he will be inactive.

I think both will be inactive 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...