Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I was hoping we’d avoid Baltimore.  They have been one of the hotter teams in the league as of late and seems like LJ8 is looking more like the player that won the MVP last year.  Really worried about our run defense.  We got gashed for some big runs by the Colts.  It must be better against Ravens or it will be bad news for us.

They played mostly terrible teams on their “hot streak.”

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This will be the toughest defense they've faced all season.

I don't agree with that. Ravens defense ranks 7th in yards per play, 6th in yards per game, 2nd in points per game, 15th in weighted DVOA. I put more stock in DVOA than any other stat. They are a good defense but they aren't elite like they were last year. They've had a really easy schedule. The last good offense they faced was the Browns who put up 42 points. The Chiefs put up 34 points. I'm not worried about their defense. The fear is that we can't stop their running game.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 7

Somebody please, please, PLEASE tell Mario Addison not to lose contain on the edge. Seen it wayyy too many times this year and now he’s going against a QB who can cash in on that mistake for 6. Don’t really care if the RB runs right by him to the inside, just don’t get beat outside on those RPOs. 

• Like (+1) 4

My wife who watches with me but doesn’t really understand a lot of the game asked who I wanted to win between Steelers and Browns. Without hesitation I said Steelers because I rather play them than the Ravens. She said if your team is good it shouldn’t matter who they play.

And for once in my life I’ll admit she’s right. To be the best you have to beat good/great teams and it’s the playoffs so it’s anyone’s game. If we come out and play good football we win the game and we should not fear any opponent in our way of doing that. 

Edited by ToBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Somebody please, please, PLEASE tell Mario Addison not to lose contain on the edge. Seen it wayyy too many times this year and now he’s going against a QB who can cash in on that mistake for 6. Don’t really care if the RB runs right by him to the inside, just don’t get beat outside on those RPOs. 

I agree. He has looked silly against read options. 

55 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I was hoping we’d avoid Baltimore.  They have been one of the hotter teams in the league as of late and seems like LJ8 is looking more like the player that won the MVP last year.  Really worried about our run defense.  We got gashed for some big runs by the Colts.  It must be better against Ravens or it will be bad news for us.

My sentiments exactly.  I was just telling my uncle that's the one team(other than KC) that I'm worried about.  We have quite a bit to clean up on the defensive side of the ball before Saturday....I will say that I am MUCH more confident in our ability to contain Jackson with a healthy Milano out there....I do not see him running wild on us like he did today at Tennessee....but I suspect he will be able to get some runs in...I would LOVE it if we could put a few TD's on the board early and force him to beat us with his arm, which I do not fear a great deal.  I will give him his respect as he is the reigning league MVP, but it has been proven multiple times that when forced to be a pocket passer, or win games solely with his arm, he has struggled.  

I am SUPREMELY confident in our offense "bouncing back" this week, particularly with Mr. Daboll's play calling, and expect Josh to absolutely light it up.  Beas, Smoke, and Diggs will all be closer to 100%. Hopefully Singletary has a good week of practice and is ready to be the featured back come Saturday.  I can see him being a key factor in Saturday's victory....to the tune of 18 carries, 121 yards and a TD....you heard it here first!!

52 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

They are tough but they are one dimensional. They have no downfield passing game. I think we can scheme them up. 

However, Lamar creates issues outside the pocket with broken plays, and if the secondary gets out of position, Brown has the speed to get loose.

I don’t know if the Bills respond by putting White on Brown, and leaving Wallace to deal with Snead.

Play a 6-1 front to deal with the run, with a two deep shell with press corners? 

We can say the Ravens don’t have this, they don’t have that, but Lamar creates all sorts of coverage problems when creates.

I think the Bills need to load up with 4 wide and just pass.

If Henry went for (40) total yards on 18 carries, the ramming with Singletary is not going to work.

My initial thought is that Lamar is going to break some runs, make some big playaction stuff. That’s just gonna happen - he’s too good. 

But overall I think the Ravens run with more speed than power and I believe that plays into the Bills D strength. They put a lot of speed on the field, front to back. 

offensively, the Ravens have a solid D Line, and can bring it. But I believe Allen will have his way with them.  

get a lead and attack Lamar when he’s in obvious pass situations

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Baltimore’s D is better than Indy.  Top to bottom it is solid.  Strength is probably it’s secondary so should be a good matchup with our potent passing attack as of late.

I think there defensive stats are misleading do to strength of schedule. 

We have already beat and in some cases torched the best defenses in the league.. For me the problem isn't scoring points.. I trust Josh to put up points when needed.

In ways we are a good match up for then.. There CB's are Solid and they don't allow a lot of points. The bad thing for them is we figured them out last year.. We have a way improved Josh and a guy named Diggs...  Baltimore's issue is with stopping TE's and Slot receivers. We force spread offense on them and expect Beasley and Davis to have a big game.

There Passing is worst in the League. We don't have to sit in coverage and force them to pass instead well disguised run blitzes. our advantage 

we win by 10

• Like (+1) 1

Set ends wide and force them to run inside.  Watched how Jackson exploit the right side of the Titan defense.  The Lbs have to be ready and not to over pursue.  It will be a tight game if the Bills can not stop the run and/or fail to take an early lead. Bills will win at home in a squeaker.  Home the cold and snow slows down the Ravens.