Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

What worries me is ravens got tons of pressure on Tannehil last weekend without blitzing very heavy, they sent disguised pressures 

titans oline is very good and could not handle Baltimore’s dline at all. Really hope whoever is in there as an extra blocker Sunday is on their game. Singletary is our best pass blocker and we need him to work his magic 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

The Ravens made a highly efficient Titans attack look downright pedestrian.  On the other hand the Browns torched them.    Just like most sports, it's a game of matchups.  

I could envision a good defensive game by the Ravens with their good pass rush, ability to turn the ball over and probably the best trio of man cover corners in the league.  I could also see how blitzing teams who play man defense against the Bills have been getting scorched this year.  Sort of plays right into the Bills strength.   

It's going to be a strength vs strength matchup.

Titans were too stubborn to give up on Henry when it wasn’t working. To be honest I didn’t think the Titans challenged the Ravens D. Ravens had a game plan to stop the run, it was working and the Titans just kept trying. 

It was boring game to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Titans were too stubborn to give up on Henry when it wasn’t working. To be honest I didn’t think the Titans challenged the Ravens D. Ravens had a game plan to stop the run, it was working and the Titans just kept trying. 

Tanny threw the ball in the first quarter and he was torching the Raven's D.  Confounding to me why they gave that up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Tanny threw the ball in the first quarter and he was torching the Raven's D.  Confounding to me why they gave that up.

I missed most of the first, I think when I turned it on they were up 10-0.  So what I seen was just a lot of running attempts and then passing on 3rd and long. It wasn’t working and it was very predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

What worries me is ravens got tons of pressure on Tannehil last weekend without blitzing very heavy, they sent disguised pressures 

titans oline is very good and could not handle Baltimore’s dline at all. Really hope whoever is in there as an extra blocker Sunday is on their game. Singletary is our best pass blocker and we need him to work his magic 

I actually think the Bill's best looks on offense will be 4 wide, with a Knox on the line and Allen in an empty back field.  I think the Ravens will struggle defending that.  Josh will have to have a receiver or two running short routes, but if the Bills can execute this plan, they roll.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I missed most of the first, I think when I turned it on they were up 10-0.  So what I seen was just a lot of running attempts and then passing on 3rd and long. It wasn’t working and it was very predictable. 

The Titans ran Henry into the ground over the past few seasons. Then the meathead Vrabel wasn’t able to see that Henry had nothing in the tank. 
I watched the 10 min highlights from last years Bills/Ravens game. Singletary was getting some good runs. If Josh can just be this years version of himself, we should be good. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, BananaB said:

agree completely. It was so dumb. They were “trying to get Henry going” with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I was shocked they just didn’t go shotgun and start throwing earlier. They have that really good 3rd down back too, who they could run draws with. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agree completely. It was so dumb. They were “trying to get Henry going” with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I was shocked they just didn’t go shotgun and start throwing earlier. They have that really good 3rd down back too, who they could run draws with. 

Agree, it was dumb.  However, Tannehill was simply overwhelmed by the Ravens.  He does not have the skill set to handle the D they threw against him, without a running game that is a threat.  

If we end up winning a Super Bowl...is this the toughest game we could have?

I know KC lit us up a bit on the ground in the 1st go round, but that was because of the conditions. I feel like both them and a potential match-up with Green Bay would be our passing game against their passing games, and our pass defense is probably the best out of those teams.

The Ravens are a different animal.  It's the best D we're likely to face, and they can control the clock w/ that running game.  

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Titans in Tennessee are very good wins.

I think the fact that they only managed to score 20 points is worth mentioning though. The Titans are a good team but they were

near the bottom in a number of major defensive categories

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lamar Super Fan, Josh Allen

It's great to see him say that. They really do have a lot in common. Both received almost insulting criticisms pre-draft. I was delighted to see them both get their first win. Whoever wins , I will be hoping they go all the way.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I think the fact that they only managed to score 20 points is worth mentioning though. The Titans are a good team but they were

near the bottom in a number of major defensive categories

Ifs definitely worth mentioning. The titans had a total of 19 sacks coming into the playoffs and got to Jackson 5 times. They were 23rd in points allowed at 27 a game and held the Ravens “unstoppable” running attack to 20. 

The narrative coming into this game is sort of confusing to me. The ravens hung a whopping 20 points on one of the worst d’s in the NFL while winning by a score. They’re the hottest team in football apparently. Meanwhile the Bills won a game vs a team ranked top ten in both defense and offense and apparently have been exposed. 

That’s odd to me. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ifs definitely worth mentioning. The titans had a total of 19 sacks coming into the playoffs and got to Jackson 5 times. They were 23rd in points allowed at 27 a game and held the Ravens “unstoppable” running attack to 20. 

The narrative coming into this game is sort of confusing to me. The ravens hung a whopping 20 points on one of the worst d’s in the NFL while winning by a score. They’re the hottest team in football apparently. Meanwhile the Bills won a game vs a team ranked top ten in both defense and offense and apparently have been exposed. 

That’s odd to me. 

Exactly.

LJ is the poster child of most sports shows opines. He’s a one dimensional player for the most part. The reasons for the love is obvious. 
Ask Bomani whatever the ***** his name is.

They have benefited from a super easy stretch of football and beat a suspect defensive team with a whopping 20 points.

They better bring their A game here Saturday.

• Like (+1) 2