Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

So go to this site for specifics on OFF formation use by team  https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

Per this site, Ravens use 12, 21 or 22 formation with only 2 or 1 WR on field 42% of the time.  They have highest play success rate with 22 formation > 61%.  These 3 formations are where it might make sense to use 3 LBs and explain why Lorenzo Alexander played 70% of Defensive snaps last year vs Ravens.

This defense desperately needs an elite LB/edge rusher 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

This defense desperately needs an elite LB/edge rusher 

OK please explain why.  You can click on a data field and see Play breakdown, pass, run, success rate etc.

As it relates to SAT nite vs Ravens,  they predominantly run out of these formations.  LJ does throw about 35-40% of time from these formations and had some success as shown by 10 TDs.

25 minutes ago, Philo said:

Johnson's Kenn healed up quickly. Fantastic news!

If Ken's Johnson healed quickly that would be good news for him as well

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

But that's ok when we do it.

You don't get to take away 48 yard TD runs. They're significant.   Why not also take away his INT?, then he had no interceptions.

The point is limiting his big plays..... sure take away his int, the defense was the bigger story is my point.

I’d love to see us make Lamar Jackson feel it when gets tackled.  

He glances off direct contact, gets OOB and has the foresight to get down before a big hit better than anyone I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Didn't look through the full thread, but Judon and Peters did not practice yesterday or today.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/injury-report/

I am not one of those purists .. if we can win easier without them in .. that works for me.

hmmmm, interesting.   Judon is listed as “Illness” so he’ll likely be good to go on Saturday, unless it turns out to be the ‘Rona.

Wonder if they’re keeping Marcus Peters out just as a precaution.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:55 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I suspect we will see a lot more Klein out there than Taron Johnson. Our guys are going to have to tackle and contain on defense. 

Klein has a physicality that I really like against the run and for rushing the passer.  Maybe Klein never sees the field since Baltimore loves throwing to the TE's.  Weigh that against getting gouged by the run.

The Ravens are becoming a popular upset pick. Though it wouldn't be TOO much of an upset.

I actually didn't know their running game had been so good - averaging 240+ over the past 6 games. That's a serious ground game.

So important to take an early lead in this one.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The Ravens are becoming a popular upset pick. Though it wouldn't be TOO much of an upset.

I actually didn't know their running game had been so good - averaging 240+ over the past 6 games. That's a serious ground game.

So important to take an early lead in this one.

They’ve played a lot of really bad teams down the stretch. 

Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals and Titans are those 6 games. 

Im not saying we won’t have our hands full, but there is some context surrounding those 6 games. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

hmmmm, interesting.   Judon is listed as “Illness” so he’ll likely be good to go on Saturday, unless it turns out to be the ‘Rona.

Wonder if they’re keeping Marcus Peters out just as a precaution.

I'd expect Judon back in the next day or two.  They need him.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Sure, but beating the Browns in Cleveland and Titans in Tennessee are very good wins.

Agreed.  

I amended my post to acknowledge that this doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be taken seriously.   

They lit up the Browns, and while

the post I responded to was about their offense, their defense was really impressive against the Titans. 

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d love to see us make Lamar Jackson feel it when gets tackled.  

He glances off direct contact, gets OOB and has the foresight to get down before a big hit better than anyone I’ve ever seen. 

Jackson is very good at avoiding the big hit. So for me, I would rather see Jackson and the offense become frustrated rather than “hit”. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Ravens made a highly efficient Titans attack look downright pedestrian.  On the other hand the Browns torched them.    Just like most sports, it's a game of matchups.  

I could envision a good defensive game by the Ravens with their good pass rush, ability to turn the ball over and probably the best trio of man cover corners in the league.  I could also see how blitzing teams who play man defense against the Bills have been getting scorched this year.  Sort of plays right into the Bills strength.   

It's going to be a strength vs strength matchup.

• Like (+1) 1