Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone that says they are afraid of the Ravens, or that they are praying for us to have a chance, is getting banned. I already confirmed with @Chandler#81   You are fans of an 13-3 football

Hey y'all,   Ravens fan checking in. I've spent every couple minutes I get between meetings catching up on this thread (while I was waiting for my account to be approved - thanks!) and I'm s

We need to be aggressive early and put the Ravens in a hole. I don't care if the Ravens are practically begging us to run the ball. Pass it anyways. Force Lamar Jackson to throw the ball playing catch

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

it was early in the season but KC waitedon a ton of long developing routes and capitalized on several of them.  Is their o.line a lot better than ours?

I didn't watch that game so I'll take your word for it.  I'd have to assume they gave Mahomes enough time.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

As others mentioned, Daboll tailors each week’s offensive philosophy toward the opponent specifically. I have a feeling the bills are going to see the same D Belichick put out there the first pats game with the 6 DBs and the Bills will run the ball a lot. Ravens have better talent on D than the pats but aren’t as discoplined on the second level. Ravens will invite them to run and aren’t great at stopping it. They also are very bad tackling team. 

Couldn’t disagree more. The Ravens are awful when you spread them out and go 4 wide. Awful. 
We are going to see a bunch of that. 

• Like (+1) 1
6 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. The Ravens are awful when you spread them out and go 4 wide. Awful. 
We are going to see a bunch of that. 

didnt i see somebody post a tweet on here that the ravens are ranked liked 20 or even worse vs 4 wr?..... and thats 4 wide in general. theres only a handful of 4 teams that have our caliber of 4 wide.

@YoloinOhio still might be onto something though. the ravens are like 24th in yards allowed per carry. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

didnt i see somebody post a tweet on here that the ravens are ranked liked 20 or even worse vs 4 wr?..... and thats 4 wide in general. theres only a handful of 4 teams that have our caliber of 4 wide.

26th or 27th. 

Just now, IBTG81 said:

26th or 27th. 

right. running can be done on them though. yolo wasnt wrong. the ravens are like 24th in yards allowed per carry at 4.6. a good blend never hurt anyone... as long as the run game can actually show up.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Bills 7-0 versus top ten defenses

Bills 8-2 versus the top 15 rushing teams.

These stats, our prime time experience, and the tough schedule/ road to the playoffs formulate my belief that the Bills will prevail.

Bills had a tough schedule, played in an oven the whole year. Time and time again this offense came through and set the tempo. We did not just squeak by these defenses either, we at times shredded.

The Ravens are the best version of the tough defense, tough running teams in the NFL. I have a ton of respect for them, but they have also been inconsistent. LJ is electric and the kind of freak athlete fans love. That being said, I think looking at the body of their work they are a bit overrated.

To win, the Bills have to click on offense...they've got to crack the nut, and they did that week after week to good defenses. If the Ravens think they are going to see the tepid offensive team of 2019 that came within one John Brown slant of matching them, they are wrong.

On defense, the Bills dont really need to fully stop the Ravens. Our offense is better and can strike quicker. I don't believe the Ravens can win in a shoot out, or a comeback....some of the games we played we have given up huge yardage in the running game and total offense. We still won....in the case of Hail Murray, should have won.  The Cards game was far from perfect. 

A lot of things need to line up to beat the Bills. The Colts almost lined them up. Im not sure if it even matters if Josh is on. Giving up 450 yards offense and still winning, compounded by 163 yards in ST differential by poor field position was legendary. While we can't do this every week, it still blows my mind.

After last week, i expect the defense to play better. I expect special teams to play better and i think the flow of the game on the Bills side is going to be fast and furious, and i think it may be a finest hour. I trust our coach, our QB and players, and I trust the process.

Thanks for sharing. I know anything could happen, but I’ve seen a couple stats (the record stat you mentioned and the Ravens not being good against 4 WRs) that are very encouraging in regards to the Bills winning this game.

We’re a really good, battle tested team. This could be an advantage to us on Saturday.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Seems pretty clear that we will go 4 wide with Diggs-Brown-Beasley-Davis and McKenzie mixed in (if all are healthy).  Heavy dose of Singletary as the back with Yeldon(?) mixed in for a breather.  Knox/Smith used situationally. 

If we go that route, as it seems we should, the only thing that could get us out of it is if our guys don't win their battles quick enough and the Ravens keep sending heat that gets home.  

Of course, if Allen can extend plays, we could see fireworks down the field.  

Going to be a really interesting matchup.

• Like (+1) 1
11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Lamar does the same thing so manty times a game: roll out to the right... roll.. roll... then right at the sideline throw it to a WR on the edge.

I predict he does that but throws an INT this Saturday!

It seems predictable when you watch them play, but he's so elusive and can also turn those into big runs if he spots a hole.  I'm really curious to see how we defend him.

We're really going to need that INT, or a couple of them.  This game feels like one that will be decided by the turnover battle.

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems pretty clear that we will go 4 wide with Diggs-Brown-Beasley-Davis and McKenzie mixed in (if all are healthy).  Heavy dose of Singletary as the back with Yeldon(?) mixed in for a breather.  Knox/Smith used situationally. 

If we go that route, as it seems we should, the only thing that could get us out of it is if our guys don't win their battles quick enough and the Ravens keep sending heat that gets home.  

Of course, if Allen can extend plays, we could see fireworks down the field.  

Going to be a really interesting matchup.

I think the critical guys this game will be Davis or Brown or McKenzie. Ravens have 3 solid corners— but I think the 4 and 5 receivers will get some opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Williams and Stills are getting closer to getting in the game.

I would be surprised if AW didn’t get elevated, and more than a little disappointed if Stills did.  Humble opinion, of course...