Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

"Josh Allen has gone unbeaten against top 10 defenses this season"

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/scouting-report-josh-allen-has-gone-unbeaten-against-top-10-defenses-this-season/article_c99bcb16-5747-11eb-b2b0-2f58b883e0a8.amp.html

When the Bills throw: Josh Allen made plays outside of the pocket last week against the Colts. According to analytics website Pro Football Focus, Allen had 117 passing yards outside the pocket against Indianapolis, most in his career. Baltimore limited opponents to 4.79 yards per attempt on passes outside the pocket this season, which was third in the NFL, so Allen will be challenged.

Prediction: Bills 27, Ravens 24.

Someone tell Stephen A 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Someone tell Stephen A 

Rock-a-Bye, I don’t mind him picking (or anyone for that matter) picking the Ravens.

I mind the use of the phrase there is “no way” the Bills can win.

You don’t use the term “no way” against a team that finished 13-3.

You don’t use the term “no way” against the team that finished 2nd overall in the entire League

You don’t use the term “no way” against the number 2 offense in the League.

You don’t use the term “no way” against a team that scored more than 500 points in a season.

You don’t use the term “no way” against a team with the number one receiver in the entire League.

You don’t use the term “no way” against a team with the only above .500 strength of schedule of any team in the playoffs.

and

You don’t use the term “no way” against a League MVP candidate at the most important position in sports.

No way do you use it, Stephen.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love that people are picking the Ravens. These Bills always play with a bit of a chip, but when they are doubted, it just feels stronger. I love this team and could not be more excited to watch this game tonight. 

It’s fine media and haters. I wonder who Rodney Harrison picks 🤢🤮. Let’s just keep on rolling. 

Go Bills!

As long as we don't come out flat to start the game. I don't want our offense to be going "3 and out" very quickly with the first 3 drives.

And the Ravens can't score with their first 3 drives.

- No fumbles from us.

- No interceptions from us.

- No easy field positions for Ravens to be within the Red Zone.

Picking the Ravens is completely reasonable. There are perfectly valid reasons to give them the edge. Anyone who's mad about someone picking the Ravens is just kind of uncool. You pick the team you think will win the game, not the team you WANT to win. Picks shouldn't be influenced by which team you're a fan of.

All you overconfident and "I don't get it" folks have me very worried that a massive attitude correction is going to slap you across the face in 14 hours. If it happens, I'll try very hard not to name names and say I told you so, but you know who you are. Stop messing with our karma!

Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Picking the Ravens is completely reasonable. There are perfectly valid reasons to give them the edge. Anyone who's mad about someone picking the Ravens is just kind of uncool. You pick the team you think will win the game, not the team you WANT to win. Picks shouldn't be influenced by which team you're a fan of.

All you overconfident and "I don't get it" folks have me very worried that a massive attitude correction is going to slap you across the face in 14 hours. If it happens, I'll try very hard not to name names and say I told you so, but you know who you are. Stop messing with our karma!

Go Bills.

People here were slapping me for it. We still have a lot to prove. That's why we take the field.

One of the official mottos this year is "Humble and Hungry."

Tons of people are forgetting the "humble" part. Now, let's go out and try to win this thing.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 2

Where are you two seeing all these over-confident fans?

Half of this thread is gnashing of teeth over possible snow, wind, Ravens corners, Ravens blitzing, Lamar Jackson, Baltimore’s run game etc etc etc 

Im not over confident.  I’m simply hopeful our defense steps up from their poor performance against Indy.  I’m hopeful Josh Allen and the pass offense are up to the challenge against what the Ravens will bring.  

If those things happen, we win.  If one or the other happen, it’s a close game.  If neither happens, we probably lose. 

The Titans have a bad defense and held their own against this Ravens Offense.   They lost because the Ravens shut down their run game and the Titans pass offense could not pick up the slack when they had to rely on Tannehill.   That was the story of that game... and before that, Baltimore was annihilating the dregs on the NFL down the stretch.  

Josh Allen will have to be the best player on the field tonight.  We’re getting to a point where week in/week out, he is.  And if your QB is the best player on the field, and sometimes by a large margin, you have a good chance at winning any game.  

Seems weird that you’d have to resist saying “I told you so” to other Bills fans if we lose.  I’d hope they won’t call you out if we win. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

As long as we don't come out flat to start the game. I don't want our offense to be going "3 and out" very quickly with the first 3 drives.

And the Ravens can't score with their first 3 drives.

- No fumbles from us.

- No interceptions from us.

- No easy field positions for Ravens to be within the Red Zone.

yes, yes, and yes, yes, yes

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where are you two seeing all these over-confident fans?

Seems weird that you’d have to resist saying “I told you so” to other Bills fans if we lose.  I’d hope they won’t call you out if we win. 

Again, not going to call anyone out, but I have five posters in mind right off the top of my head. They've been all over the board putting the Ravens down and saying we shouldn't be worried about them for weeks, going back to before the playoffs.

And Twitter. Yikes.

No one would have to say they told me so, because I've never said we're going to lose this game. I just think it's a coin-flip game that could go either way and we absolutely should recognize the Ravens as a formidable opponent. That is not the reverse of being overconfident and saying we're obviously better than them.

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Go Bills.

I agree , but there are a few exceptions out there;

Pros and media are getting paid to offer takes, so if there are gaps in their logic, this should get brought up and is fair game.

Florio and Sims, espec Florio has ridiculous rational this week. Rodney Harrison basically laughed at him when he implied Bills spirits and psyche would be damaged after Colts game. He's cherry picked select stats to articulate his gut feeling.

Sims is just picking Ravens to not look like a JA homer. His analysis was fairly spotty as well.

Nick Wright; this guy is just a troll hot take guy who has found a vein of attention. 

Pete Schraeger; i didnt catch his take, but he was pretty affirmative we were the team to beat, now flops his vote. This year he's another guy in love with recency bias and "cold takes" that he switches / flops around on fair winds. He used to be the "writer" on the panel bringing everyone relevant data and research.....now he just kinda phones it in. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Again, not going to call anyone out, but I have five posters in mind right off the top of my head. They've been all over the board putting the Ravens down and saying we shouldn't be worried about them for weeks, going back to before the playoffs.

And Twitter. Yikes.

No one would have to say they told me so, because I've never said we're going to lose this game. I just think it's a coin-flip game that could go either way and we absolutely should recognize the Ravens as a formidable opponent. That is not the reverse of being overconfident and saying we're obviously better than them.

No issue with any of this.  I certainly underestimated the Colts.  Definitely not doing so with the Ravens. 

57 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I agree , but there are a few exceptions out there;

Pros and media are getting paid to offer takes, so if there are gaps in their logic, this should get brought up and is fair game.

Florio and Sims, espec Florio has ridiculous rational this week. Rodney Harrison basically laughed at him when he implied Bills spirits and psyche would be damaged after Colts game. He's cherry picked select stats to articulate his gut feeling.

Sims is just picking Ravens to not look like a JA homer. His analysis was fairly spotty as well.

Nick Wright; this guy is just a troll hot take guy who has found a vein of attention. 

Pete Schraeger; i didnt catch his take, but he was pretty affirmative we were the team to beat, now flops his vote. This year he's another guy in love with recency bias and "cold takes" that he switches / flops around on fair winds. He used to be the "writer" on the panel bringing everyone relevant data and research.....now he just kinda phones it in. 

If we beat the Crows, they will pick KC to beat us. If we beat KC, it doesn't matter who comes out of the NFC, the talking heads in the media class will pick them over us. We just need to get used to it.

18 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

If we beat the Crows, they will pick KC to beat us. If we beat KC, it doesn't matter who comes out of the NFC, the talking heads in the media class will pick them over us. We just need to get used to it.

I can’t shake the feeling that the Browns might take down KC. 

38 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

We just have to realize that it doesn’t matter

• Thank you (+1) 1