Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

And if we go into this game thinking like a lot of post I’ve been reading the bills have already lost. This has been a great year we’re 14-3 I say bring on the ravens it’s not like we’re facing Tom Brady 10 years ago. And I said Lamar was not a great passing QB if there running game isn’t on fire he can’t drop back 35 times and pick you a part he does make plays throwing the ball because players are wide open because there playing the run 

You’re also completely playing into a narrative that isn’t true. As a Bills fan you should know not to just blindly follow what is said about a quarterback-how many times have you heard people say this season that Josh Allen isn’t accurate? We all know that’s not true. You’re still rolling with the “Lamar is a running back, not a quarterback” narrative that has been said about him since he was drafted. He has proven he’s not just a running back. Is running a huge part of his game? Yes! Does he make plays because people are defending the run? Yes! Can he stop back 35 times and best a team? Probably not! That offense also isn’t built for that type of game plan though. I do think the Ravens run a simple offense for him, but you don’t lead the league in touchdown passes if you’re a terrible quarterback. Like I said, I would rather have Josh and I don’t think Lamar can bring his team back, but your view on him is way off. I’m just glad the Bills aren’t taking him as lightly as you are 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s interesting to me, that with a week of (predominantly) Ravens hype, the betting line really hasn’t moved.  

Early money on ravens from fans...I heard sharps betting Bills big in the last couple days.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, scribo said:

Anticipating some big runs from Allen tomorrow night. Ravens' defense has long been a high-risk, high-reward mindset. The opposite of our defense. I expect B'more to stay with that. They will blitz Allen a ton while their DBs play man coverage and try to jump routes whenever possible. Dabol will dial up more deep routes to open up the middle. If Allen can avoid the blitz, which he's shown to be the best in the league at doing, he will have room to eat up the field with his legs, often.

Allen is incredible against the blitz, making defenses pay. Yet, they keep coming, and he keeps making them pay.

The blitzing is why I want us to go with 6 and 7 man protections. Activate Lee Smith and make him an extra blocker and try to have a RB with Allen in the backfield at all times so, he can pick up any extra blitzers

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

What are you even talking about man?  I agree it’s poor overall analysis.  You asked a question.  I answered it.  

Please explain why I “like weak sauce”?  Because I stated that I watch almost everything bills related?  Currently at home all day, every day for the last year due to being high risk after open heart surgery.  I have bills related YouTube content on one screen while I do work on the other.  

You used the term 3 times in a paragraph that's all.  Not trying to argue with you we all love the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsrul120 said:

Looking at it objectively the Bills have a better team and a really good look at moving on.

I like the word you just used; objectively.

I realize that the ravens have a good team and that they could win. That said, what most people are concerned about or even what talking heads are talking about as the reasons that the ravens will win, if you look at it objectively, the bills have risen up to those occasions that they deem concerning almost every time this year.

Examples:

-Concern- Lamar is a rushing QB. Being objective- We’ve faced a couple rushing QBs this year and the highest total that one of them had was 61 yards

-Concern- The Ravens are a top defense. Being objective- The bills are either undefeated or have lost one game to a top 10 defense

-Concern- The Ravens blitz well and often. Being objective- Josh Allen is playing amazing vs. defenses that blitz

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The blitzing is why I want us to go with 6 and 7 man protections. Activate Lee Smith and make him an extra blocker and try to have a RB with Allen in the backfield at all times so, he can pick up any extra blitzers

I think Buffalo needs to stick with 6-man protection. Our offense's advantage is that our four WRs are so good they cannot all be covered on any one play. This is where Josh Allen's top-tier ability to scramble tilts the scales, allowing to have an extra man going out.

• Like (+1) 2

Here's how I see it.

Last year, Baltimore was a team of destiny.  They let their shot slip away.  Number 1 seed in playoffs.  Bye week.  Consensus MVP.  Blitzkrieged the teams they played.  They can do all the ball washing they want, but they choked away their opportunity.  To the extent that they beat Tennessee this year, they can feel good about their season now.  But fact of the matter is, they let COVID run rampant through their franchise.  Harbaugh was out on TV early in the season saying no one was doing more to be diligent about COVID and protocols.  The NFL levied a huge fine.  So much for that narrative.

The Bills are this year's team of destiny.  They have played a harder schedule under the national glare and vanquished demons just like the Ravens did last year.  Buffalo has a red hot QB/WR tandem that every team has tried to shut down.  Buffalo is home.    Judon is ailing.  Campbell is skipping practices.  While I know they will play, I suspect something is going on with both of them.  Buffalo will not steamroll these Ravens, but will essentially outlast them.  Buffalo is going to take this show to KC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, scribo said:

I think Buffalo needs to stick with 6-man protection. Our offense's advantage is that our four WRs are so good they cannot all be covered on any one play. This is where Josh Allen's top-tier ability to scramble tilts the scales, allowing to have an extra man going out.

I agree with this.  I even think it's good to empty the backfield at times.

• Like (+1) 1

I see a poster come on here every 5 pages or so and say something along the lines of, "Has everyone forgotten how good we are why does everyone on this board think we're going to lose??"

What thread are you reading? Because it's not this one. Almost every comment on here is positive or saying Ravens are good at "xyz" but Bills will pull this out. There's maybe one negative post every 1.5-2 pages. It's like some people are trying to create the "Bills against the world" narrative. Most pundits like blabbering out LJ because he makes highlights plays, but when you look at vegas and the actual picks from "experts" is very even.

The Bills are a fantastic team. I legitimately think this game is a coin toss and will be very close either way.

25 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Examples:

-Concern- Lamar is a rushing QB. Objective thought- We’ve faced a couple rushing QBs this year and the highest total that one of them had was 61 yards

I can live with your other comparisons, but comparing any other "rushing QB" in the league to LJ is just stupid. That's not an "objective" thought I would stick with.

• Like (+1) 2

I think this is the biggest Bills game of my life.  I was in elementary school when the Bills went to the Super Bowls so I certainly didn’t appreciate football like I do now.

I just watched the games not completely understanding except for the complete basics.  I didn’t get nervous until I was a teen....that’s when the Bills were serious to me.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

I see a poster come on here every 5 pages or so and say something along the lines of, "Has everyone forgotten how good we are why does everyone on this board think we're going to lose??"

What thread are you reading? Because it's not this one. Almost every comment on here is positive or saying Ravens are good at "xyz" but Bills will pull this out. There's maybe one negative post every 1.5-2 pages. It's like some people are trying to create the "Bills against the world" narrative. Most pundits like blabbering out LJ because he makes highlights plays, but when you look at vegas and the actual picks from "experts" is very even.

The Bills are a fantastic team. I legitimately think this game is a coin toss and will be very close either way.

I can live with your other comparisons, but comparing any other "rushing QB" in the league to LJ is just stupid. That's not an "objective" thought I would stick with.

If there is one thing we've learned in the past few years it's that many people will read what they want into every piece of information they see on the internet and want to hear back exactly what they already believe to be true. It's like an addiction. 

BTW - thanks for the Ravens insights on this thread. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1