Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I have this one thought stuck in my gut; 

People are underrating our defense. 

I know some of the numbers from the season are a bit off, but i think they are better than the numbers and have a finest hour within them. I really feel like our defense is going to be the hero for us and bring it.

Our defense was quite bad up until our week 11 bye, they played decent D against the Jets both games but most of the other games were bad. We had a couple turnovers in games that really saved us (Norman forced fumble on Waller vs Oakland, and Zimmer forced fumble on Cam Newton).

Then after the bye we were solid against Chargers, San Fran, Pittsburgh, Denver, New England, and Miami. We pretty much locked all those teams down no problem.

They did not look good against the Colts though, part of this was probably due to the Colts O-line being very good. But I agree, our defense has actually been good lately and are being underrated just because of the bad game against the Colts. I think we can definitely stop Lamar too, that's all we have to do really, he cannot throw the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Yea these are my thoughts exactly.  Why is everyone hyping up LJ and the Ravens when the Bills have the better offense with Allen.  Then we hear that the Bills have no running game and the Ravens will just gear up to stop the pass.  The Bills haven't run all year.  The offense has always gone through Allen's arm.  The defense on the other side has known this every game and he still lit teams up on a regular basis.

Over the Raven's 6 game win streak, LJ is averaging less than 21 passing attempts per game. 

Over LJ's first 10 starts, he averaged 27.6 passing attempst per game with only one game as low as 21 pass attempts and they were 6-4

The Raven's are telling everyone they don't think they can win with LJ throwing a lot. 

To answer your question, why?  I feel it’s because of matchups.

The ravens pound the rock.  The bills have had trouble pounding the rock.  

The bills strength is passing on O and have zero run game except for JA, the ravens have an extremely balanced D and are loaded with talented cornerbacks.  

The weather is expected to be 15-25 mph winds with higher gusts expected.  That hurts the team that can’t run and relies on the pass.  

the Bills defense couldn’t get off the field vs the colts and their old man qb that has never won a big game in his life.

the ravens beat the team that was in the afc championship game and had an MVP candidate in 2k rusher Henry.

the ravens have one of the most consistent franchises in the league over the last 20 years 

the bills have been a laughing stock over the last 20 years and their QB was a laughing stock for his first 2 seasons (according to most)

just my take on the matter

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

the Bills defense couldn’t get off the field vs the colts and their old man qb that has never won a big game in his life.

For the record, Rivers was previously undefeated in Wild Card round games. 4-0 or 5-0 if memory serves. Ergo, we actually did something no other team has ever done before: defeat a Rivers team in the first round of the playoffs.

Just sayin

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

For the record, Rivers was previously undefeated in Wild Card round games. 4-0 or 5-0 if memory serves. Ergo, we actually did something no other team has ever done before: defeat a Rivers team in the first round of the playoffs.

Just sayin

Yeah, I heard everyone talking about that.  Relatively speaking, the wild card round isn’t a “big game”.  Sure, we all know how important it is....but  no one cares, and it’s part of the reason that we’re getting frowned on. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AllDayLJ said:

Not accurate. It's the first time we're not favorites with LJ at QB.

When we went to Pittsburgh and had half our team out with COVID we were something like 10-point underdogs. Actually almost won that game, too.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. I was just looking for a clean single source for their spreads so grabbed that from here. 

https://www.thelines.com/odds/baltimore-ravens/

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

To answer your question, why?  I feel it’s because of matchups.

The ravens pound the rock.  The bills have had trouble pounding the rock.

This doesn't matter as the Bills have a prolific passing offense and passing is more valuable.   

The bills strength is passing on O and have zero run game except for JA, the ravens have an extremely balanced D and are loaded with talented cornerbacks.

Again this has been the case all year and the JA has continued to put up numbers.  I don't see why this game should be different.  It might be, but thus far Allen has shown the ability to pass all over supposedly great defenses and the running game has not been there all year.

The weather is expected to be 15-25 mph winds with higher gusts expected.  That hurts the team that can’t run and relies on the pass.  

This is hyperbolic. We'll see I suppose.

Rivers continually moved the chains on 3rd and medium/long with perfectly placed passes.  He also had 46 attempts and 27 completions.  LJ has never completed more than 24 passes in a game.  He is not capable of milking clock the way Rivers did.

the ravens beat the team that was in the afc championship game and had an MVP candidate in 2k rusher Henry.

AFC championship was nearly a year ago and doesn't matter now.  Titans were giving up 29.75 points per game on average over the their last 8 games going into the playoffs and that includes holding a terrible Jaguars team to 10.  Ravens got a solid 20 last week. 

the ravens have one of the most consistent franchises in the league over the last 20 years

Not relevant to this game

the bills have been a laughing stock over the last 20 years and their QB was a laughing stock for his first 2 seasons (according to most)

Again not relevant

just my take on the matter

I know this isn't all your opinion but the factors presented here weak sauce.

Edited by billsrul120

I’ll be absolutely sick if we lose this weekend and the browns pull off the upset and then go on to beat the Ravens and end up in the SB

The Baker love affair will be absolutely unbearable 

not sure why so many Bills fans love rooting for the Browns, I cannot stand that team 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Anticipating some big runs from Allen tomorrow night. Ravens' defense has long been a high-risk, high-reward mindset. The opposite of our defense. I expect B'more to stay with that. They will blitz Allen a ton while their DBs play man coverage and try to jump routes whenever possible. Dabol will dial up more deep routes to open up the middle. If Allen can avoid the blitz, which he's shown to be the best in the league at doing, he will have room to eat up the field with his legs, often.

Allen is incredible against the blitz, making defenses pay. Yet, they keep coming, and he keeps making them pay.

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I’ll be absolutely sick if we lose this weekend and the browns pull off the upset and then go on to beat the Ravens and end up in the SB

not sure why so many Bills fans love rooting for the Browns, I cannot stand that team 

because we want a home game for the AFC championship 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

it will be, but it will largely be deserved.  clevland has a sick and complete O w talent all over, but they ain't winning on D, so they need ball out on O.

we are favorites on the spread, but spiritual underdogs w everyone seeing the ravens as hot and the bills as not, and the ravens as a power match up nightmare, and the bills as a smoke and mirrors finesse team. 

we are gonna see what is true on saturday, but we control our own narrative.  win the games and be a champion forever.

9 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

I know this isn't all your opinion but the factors presented here weak sauce.

Doesn’t really matter.  It’s all weak sauce.  We’re talking about talking heads opinions.  None of our opinions matter either.  

The most weak sauce:  caring about what these people think.  Watching it and absorbing it is one thing.  I watch most everything Bills related.  Getting upset because people aren’t picking the Bills and are talking more about the ravens is the most weak sauce thing you can do

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t really matter.  It’s all weak sauce.  We’re talking about talking heads opinions.  None of our opinions matter either.  

The most weak sauce:  caring about what these people think.  Watching it and absorbing it is one thing.  I watch most everything Bills related.  Getting upset because people aren’t picking the Bills and are talking more about the ravens is the most weak sauce thing you can do

It has nothing to do with me wanting to hear people cheerleading the Bills, it's just poor overall analysis.  Glad you like weak sauce tho lol it's yours man enjoy

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s interesting to me, that with a week of (predominantly) Ravens hype, the betting line really hasn’t moved.  

Yeah, I've been watching the line all week as well.  It's important to separate the MEDIA hype from where the money is actually being played.