Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will be disappointed if the Bills lose, mainly because I’m not ready for the season to end. I won’t be upset though. I really just wanted one playoff win to feel the season was a success. Unless it’s on some crap call from the incompetent refs.then I’ll be pissed. 

A caller on wgr this morning was pretty funny. He said I know hockey is back but the bills season needs to keep going. Call up Williamsville south and have them play in March as long as I can keep watching bills football. 

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Come on man, have a little bit of perspective here. He led the league in touchdown passes last year, unanimous MVP, completes around 64% of his passes...he doesn’t have the arm talent Josh does but that doesn’t mean he’s a terrible QB. I would rather have the guy the Bills have, Jackson definitely had his flaws as a passer, but I’d the Bills go into this game thinking the exact same way you are they are going to lose

We will see in a few years we’re he is 

51 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm still surprised by how much respect the ravens d gets

They're a good unit but the bills have beaten the blitz all season and I'm still hearing/reading articles about how great of a match up it is for the ravens

Am I missing something?

The Bills have faced tougher defenses this year and a few others as tough.  We did fine.  This narrative is confusing me too, but it's selling newspapers.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Come on man, have a little bit of perspective here. He led the league in touchdown passes last year, unanimous MVP, completes around 64% of his passes...he doesn’t have the arm talent Josh does but that doesn’t mean he’s a terrible QB. I would rather have the guy the Bills have, Jackson definitely had his flaws as a passer, but I’d the Bills go into this game thinking the exact same way you are they are going to lose

And if we go into this game thinking like a lot of post I’ve been reading the bills have already lost. This has been a great year we’re 14-3 I say bring on the ravens it’s not like we’re facing Tom Brady 10 years ago. And I said Lamar was not a great passing QB if there running game isn’t on fire he can’t drop back 35 times and pick you a part he does make plays throwing the ball because players are wide open because there playing the run 

I think this game is going to play out exactly how the Chiefs vs Ravens game played out earlier this season.  The Ravens defense is overrated.  I won't be shocked if the stats mirror the earlier game this year.  Chiefs won rather easily.  Bills will win rather easily. 

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Seeing a lot more folks picking the Ravens over the Bills this morning. I'm seeing very few favoring the Bills. Seems like the 'experts' are expecting it to be the one upset of the weekend.

Hopefully we'll use that as some motivation.

I think people underrate the Colts and saw the Bills win a close one.

The Colts were a really good team this year. I think more of the Bills after beating them. The media seems to disagree with me.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, 97bills said:

And if we go into this game thinking like a lot of post I’ve been reading the bills have already lost. This has been a great year we’re 14-3 I say bring on the ravens it’s not like we’re facing Tom Brady 10 years ago. And I said Lamar was not a great passing QB if there running game isn’t on fire he can’t drop back 35 times and pick you a part he does make plays throwing the ball because players are wide open because there playing the run 

Yea these are my thoughts exactly.  Why is everyone hyping up LJ and the Ravens when the Bills have the better offense with Allen.  Then we hear that the Bills have no running game and the Ravens will just gear up to stop the pass.  The Bills haven't run all year.  The offense has always gone through Allen's arm.  The defense on the other side has known this every game and he still lit teams up on a regular basis.

Over the Raven's 6 game win streak, LJ is averaging less than 21 passing attempts per game. 

Over LJ's first 10 starts, he averaged 27.6 passing attempst per game with only one game as low as 21 pass attempts and they were 6-4

The Raven's are telling everyone they don't think they can win with LJ throwing a lot. 

Edited by billsrul120
  • Like (+1) 2

I have this one thought stuck in my gut; 

People are underrating our defense. 

I know some of the numbers from the season are a bit off, but i think they are better than the numbers and have a finest hour within them. I really feel like our defense is going to be the hero for us and bring it in this one....people are overanalyzing the Colts game.

I think our D is going be insulted , challenged, and really come out fired up.

This team does the work!

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Yea these are my thoughts exactly.  Why is everyone hyping up LJ and the Ravens when the Bills have the better offense with Allen.  Then we hear that the Bills have no running game and the Ravens will just gear up to stop the pass.  The Bills haven't run all year.  The offense has always gone through Allen's arm.  The defense on the other side has known this every game and he still lit teams up on a regular basis.

Over the Raven's 6 game win streak, LJ is averaging less than 21 passing attempts per game. 

Over LJ's first 10 starts, he never had less than 27.6 passes per game with only one game as low as 21 pass attempts and they were 6-4

The Raven's are telling everyone they don't think they can win with LJ throwing a lot. 

I don’t get it I’m not saying we can’t  lose the game but if Lamar is a 2 string QB in 3 years I wouldn’t be surprised. When those legs slow down his done. We’ve seen this before and I think Vick was a better passer look what the 49ers did with kap but as soon as there defense wasn’t dominant and his legs wasn’t cutting it no more it got bad and I know harbaugh saw this coming 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Question for you all.

Do you all feel more at ease heading into this game? 

Not so much that we will win.  More so that the Bills have gotten four or more monkey's off their back this year and regardless if we win or lose at this point, I believe most fans will think it has been a successful year to build off of.

1. Josh Allen Pick has panned out and in his 3rd year, has become a legit top 5 QB for the foreseeable future.

2. Won the Division for the first time in 25 years.

3. Swept the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets for the first time.

4. Won a playoff game in 25 years.  

I mean this year has been amazing being a Bills fan and going into this weekend, i am considering this year a success because we all know winning in the playoffs is difficult, more so than the regular season.

I hope we win, but if we don't I am at peace with that as well.

I always said a division title and 1 playoff win was a huge success for us. 

Our SB window just opened this year and we are just getting started. I don’t think we’ve seen the best from this team yet. If we improve our defense and develop a run game we will be a top 3 team in the league every year 

Judging by the tone on this board. You'd think we were 10 point underdogs instead of slight favorites.  

Baltimore O was inconsistent last week vs a bad Ten defense. 4 3 and outs and a pick. 

If Tannehil played a bit better,  Titans win imo. 

The Bal defense is good but our O hasn't met a defense that could slow us down in over 2 months.

Idk if it's the PTSD for all the terrible teams in the 2000s and 2010s but we are a great team right now and I'm pretty surprised the tone is what it is. I respect their team but I believe we're better and I believe we pass all over them like we do every other team. 

Edited by JerseyBills
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Who thinks we see more, the same, or less Allen runs from the WC Round?

I could see more.  

Indy has a strong DL and flooded coverage with eyes on the backfield.  

IF Baltimore plays man, that means if Josh Allen gets past the first wave of defenders, there aren’t too many people with eyes on him, especially if they are blitzing.  

8 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I don’t get it I’m not saying we can’t  lose the game but if Lamar is a 2 string QB in 3 years I wouldn’t be surprised. When those legs slow down his done. We’ve seen this before and I think Vick was a better passer look what the 49ers did with kap but as soon as there defense wasn’t dominant and his legs wasn’t cutting it no more it got bad and I know harbaugh saw this coming 

I was agreeing with you.  The bottom line is everything the Ravens have done since drafting LJ is to shift focus away from passing and concentrate on running which is inherently lower value.

8 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I always said a division title and 1 playoff win was a huge success for us. 

Our SB window just opened this year and we are just getting started. I don’t think we’ve seen the best from this team yet. If we improve our defense and develop a run game we will be a top 3 team in the league every year 

We're a top 3 team right now. Am I watching a different team? This is crazy the disrespect ppl are showing the Bills on here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, billsrul120 said:

I was agreeing with you.  The bottom line is everything the Ravens have done since drafting LJ is to shift focus away from passing and concentrate on running which is inherently lower value.

I no lol I’m at work sorry if my text was hard to understand. I hope our defense shut that run down can’t wait