Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

re Allen against the Blitz, I do hope the Bills come out with some better options against cover zero. I think they default to that WR screen— which has worked well a few times, but I feel like has failed the last few times and has been kind of sniffed out by defenses. 

I think Allen does the best against the heavier blitzes when we can figure out the protections and he can find the favorable 1 on 1 matchups. 

Agreed regarding the wr screen.  I’d probably go a different route for the first couple audibles. I really hope we see 4 WRs sets all day. The ravens safties are both better vs the run than the pass and their 4th corner, averett, is meh.  While we’ve run 5 WR sets less than 10 times all year iirc, I’d love to see all of them out there with Lil dirty in motion, where he can run, block or go out for pass.  He may not be the best blocker, but he’s done enough to slow the rusher in the past

12 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

haha yep, the gameday threads are like the most extreme reactions.  Like a bunch of emotional teenage girls on their time of the month getting dumped by their 1 week boyfriend or the other side, being told "i love you" by said 1 week boyfriend.  

I try to only go intogameday threads if i am streaming the game to get quicker updates. Other than that I do my best to not click on the thread.

My favorite/least favorite part of the GDT is when someone goes down with injury and the extreme medical diagnoses that takes place in the 2 minutes between the guy going down, the commercial break,  and then him jogging back on the field 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

Listen to these couple of minutes starting at the time below:

1 hr, 30 minutes, 45 seconds in, Warren Sharp goes off on a tangent about the Bills and there are some interesting nuggets in there I think most fans would find interesting. I enjoy his analysis and his consulting work (and others like him) for teams has shown clear dividends for teams

https://podbay.fm/p/pardon-my-take/e/1610685606 

Thank you for this enjoyed this commentary...very relevant to what we are discussing.

Going to have to listen to these guys more.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

Listen to these couple of minutes starting at the time below:

1 hr, 30 minutes, 45 seconds in, Warren Sharp goes off on a tangent about the Bills and there are some interesting nuggets in there I think most fans would find interesting. I enjoy his analysis and his consulting work (and others like him) for teams has shown clear dividends for teams

https://podbay.fm/p/pardon-my-take/e/1610685606 

wow. FINALLY somebody in the media bring up the fact that the Ravens offensive juggarnaut scored a whopping 20 pts against an awful titans D. bout time..... also love his numbers about the titans running on first down, being extremely predictable and never switching from that even when the ravens were loading the box. he mentions that will most definitely not be the case with Daboll calling the plays. His in game adjustments have been on point this year. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were favored vs chiefs? Wow 

It was in Baltimore so they got a bit of help. It was Ravens -1. Depending on where you placed that bet, you might have found somebody to take the game at KC -1. I just checked a single source. It was not up to date with the WC or Cincy, but I dig that up on my own. 

https://www.thelines.com/odds/baltimore-ravens/

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My favorite/least favorite part of the GDT is when someone goes down with injury and the extreme medical diagnoses that takes place in the 2 minutes between the guy going down, the commercial break,  and then him jogging back on the field 

Thats good but my favorite is when we get stalled on one drive early second quarter and people are talking about how we suck and its game over.  Or we are up by 3 scores and the other team finally scores and the same thing happens.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats good but my favorite is when we get stalled on one drive early second quarter and people are talking about how we suck and its game over.  Or we are up by 3 scores and the other team finally scores and the same thing happens.

It never fails that bills are up by multiple scores and someone will chime in with “should we put barkley in at this point???” And the other team scores on cue 

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Thank you for this enjoyed this commentary...very relevant to what we are discussing.

Going to have to listen to these guys more.

No doubt good stuff. Warren Sharp always impresses me. I'm pretty sure he is one reason why we lead the league in throwing on 1st down (I think)

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just checked, this is actually the first time that the Ravens are not the favorite all season long. They have been on a 17 game run until now. 

Not accurate. It's the first time we're not favorites with LJ at QB.

When we went to Pittsburgh and had half our team out with COVID we were something like 10-point underdogs. Actually almost won that game, too.

After a week of reading this thread, numerous articles, watching videos of pundits, and contemplation; I think the one thing we can all say is this is almost certainly going to be the game of the weekend. 

In my simple opinion the keys to a Bills’ win are (offensively) have some designed draws and screens to negate the expected blitz, and be prepared for the delayed blitzes that the Ravens seem to like. Defensively, don’t try to get to Jackson as much as just try to contain him.  Set the edge, keep him from running and force him to throw the ball - while finally figuring out how to cover a dang tight end.  

Simple enough. And for the first time in a long time - I truly think the Bills coaches and players are capable of drawing up a winning game plan and executing it. (Even if it’s nothing that I just described).  What I’m trying the say is, I no longer have doubts that the Bills will show up or be completely out matched.  They can compete and beat any team in the league.  That statement doesn’t mean they ..will.. win.  I just mean they can. And I fully believe they’ll have the plan and the mentality to execute it.  How the game unfolds is yet to be determined, but it’s a nice feeling sitting here on the Eve of the divisional round and read about the Bills.  And having supreme confidence that this team can win and advance to the conference championship game.   I won’t be shocked if we win. I kinda expect it at this point.   I’ll be depressed if we lose, sure.  But that’s why they play the game.   

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It never fails that bills are up by multiple scores and someone will chime in with “should we put barkley in at this point???” And the other team scores on cue 

Guilty.  I actually thought that in the Colts game.  

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

After a week of reading this thread, numerous articles, watching videos of pundits, and contemplation; I think the one thing we can all say is this is almost certainly going to be the game of the weekend. 

In my simple opinion the keys to a Bills’ win are (offensively) have some designed draws and screens to negate the expected blitz, and be prepared for the delayed blitzes that the Ravens seem to like. Defensively, don’t try to get to Jackson as much as just try to contain him.  Set the edge, keep him from running and force him to throw the ball - while finally figuring out how to cover a dang tight end.  

Simple enough. And for the first time in a long time - I truly think the Bills coaches and players are capable of drawing up a winning game plan and executing it. (Even if it’s nothing that I just described).  What I’m trying the say is, I no longer have doubts that the Bills will show up or be completely out matched.  They can compete and beat any team in the league.  That statement doesn’t mean they ..will.. win.  I just mean they can. And I fully believe they’ll have the plan and the mentality to execute it.  How the game unfolds is yet to be determined, but it’s a nice feeling sitting here on the Eve of the divisional round and read about the Bills.  And having supreme confidence that this team can win and advance to the conference championship game.   I won’t be shocked if we win. I kinda expect it at this point.   I’ll be depressed if we lose, sure.  But that’s why they play the game.   

Go Bills!

I think we're going to see a lot of Josh going back and forth, shotgun vs under center and a lot of shifting by Knox, in order to read the blitz.  Also need some effective hard counts from Josh.  Keep the WRs spread out most of the time.  I think this offense is doing a really good job reading and responding to defenses.  The Ravens will surprise some, of course.  I just think Josh will know what's coming most of the time.

Question for you all.

Do you all feel more at ease heading into this game? 

Not so much that we will win.  More so that the Bills have gotten four or more monkey's off their back this year and regardless if we win or lose at this point, I believe most fans will think it has been a successful year to build off of.

1. Josh Allen Pick has panned out and in his 3rd year, has become a legit top 5 QB for the foreseeable future.

2. Won the Division for the first time in 25 years.

3. Swept the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets for the first time.

4. Won a playoff game in 25 years.  

I mean this year has been amazing being a Bills fan and going into this weekend, i am considering this year a success because we all know winning in the playoffs is difficult, more so than the regular season.

I hope we win, but if we don't I am at peace with that as well.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Question for you all.

Do you all feel more at ease heading into this game? 

Not so much that we will win.  More so that the Bills have gotten four or more monkey's off their back this year and regardless if we win or lose at this point, I believe most fans will think it has been a successful year to build off of.

1. Josh Allen Pick has panned out and in his 3rd year, has become a legit top 5 QB for the foreseeable future.

2. Won the Division for the first time in 25 years.

3. Swept the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets for the first time.

4. Won a playoff game in 25 years.  

I mean this year has been amazing being a Bills fan and going into this weekend, i am considering this year a success because we all know winning in the playoffs is difficult, more so than the regular season.

I hope we win, but if we don't I am at peace with that as well.

I will be disappointed if the Bills lose, mainly because I’m not ready for the season to end. I won’t be upset though. I really just wanted one playoff win to feel the season was a success. Unless it’s on some crap call from the incompetent refs.then I’ll be pissed. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

Seeing a lot more folks picking the Ravens over the Bills this morning. I'm seeing very few favoring the Bills. Seems like the 'experts' are expecting it to be the one upset of the weekend.

Hopefully we'll use that as some motivation.