Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

Mahomes, who shredded them....Mayfield who shredded them at home....

To play devils advocate, were the ravens completely healthy those games on defence?

I know against the browns they were for sure down a few key guys on defence, I can’t remember about the chiefs game tbh

5 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Mahomes, who shredded them....Mayfield who shredded them at home....

Mahomes shredded us for sure, but that wasn't his question. Mayfield did well in a game that was a complete anomaly. He didn't do so well in WK1...

Usually im SO INTO the playoffs, reading about every game and matchup and super pumped for all the games. I almost couldnt tell ya the other games this year because THE BILLS ARE IN THIS BABY!!!!

How amazing is this fellow fans? What a season. I am enjoying this ride and cannot wait for tomorrow. We are gonna come out and play our best game of the year tomorrow, I can feel it!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You realize that Mahomes absolutely destroyed them right?

It’s a bad matchup for the Ravens because they blitz him too much and he casually devours that. It reminds me of how the Steelers stubbornly ran a zone defense vs Brady for years in the playoffs and he destroyed them every time and then finally adapted their D to try to match up with him in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Listen to these couple of minutes starting at the time below:

1 hr, 30 minutes, 45 seconds in, Warren Sharp goes off on a tangent about the Bills and there are some interesting nuggets in there I think most fans would find interesting. I enjoy his analysis and his consulting work (and others like him) for teams has shown clear dividends for teams

https://podbay.fm/p/pardon-my-take/e/1610685606 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a bad matchup for the Ravens because they blitz him too much and he casually devours that. It reminds me of how the Steelers stubbornly ran a zone defense vs Brady for years in the playoffs and he destroyed them every time and then finally adapted their D to try to match up with him in the playoffs. 

This is why I have back and forth confidence in this game.  

Allen is at Mahomes level now vs the blitz.  I think he can shred this defense.  If the field conditions are a little snow, I think it helps us.  Our WR's can run away from people and it keeps the DB's on skates a little more.   I think we will see a ton of crossing type routes. 

If it snows a lot, it favors the Ravens.

But then thinking about Jackson and the Ravens run offense....that's scaring me.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Crow-Magnon said:

If the weather’s that bad, I don’t think Allen is going to run much and risk injury. But to me, that’s bad weather. I don’t think Saturday night’s forecast is going to have that big of an impact. 

But if it truly is bad (slippery), I can’t see Allen being a big factor rushing. 

Its win or go home. Our RBs don’t really bring fear in anyone’s eyes. If the weather does have an affect I hope they do what they gotta do to win. If running Josh can help, do it. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is why I have back and forth confidence in this game.  

Allen is at Mahomes level now vs the blitz.  I think he can shred this defense.  If the field conditions are a little snow, I think it helps us.  Our WR's can run away from people and it keeps the DB's on skates a little more.   I think we will see a ton of crossing type routes. 

If it snows a lot, it favors the Ravens.

But then thinking about Jackson and the Ravens run offense....that's scaring me.  

re Allen against the Blitz, I do hope the Bills come out with some better options against cover zero. I think they default to that WR screen— which has worked well a few times, but I feel like has failed the last few times and has been kind of sniffed out by defenses. 

I think Allen does the best against the heavier blitzes when we can figure out the protections and he can find the favorable 1 on 1 matchups. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

re Allen against the Blitz, I do hope the Bills come out with some better options against cover zero. I think they default to that WR screen— which has worked well a few times, but I feel like has failed the last few times and has been kind of sniffed out by defenses. 

I think Allen does the best against the heavier blitzes when we can figure out the protections and he can find the favorable 1 on 1 matchups. 

McKenzie is my darkhorse key player of the game.  I think he can quickly out run his defender on a crossing route on the all out blitzes....

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Listen to these couple of minutes starting at the time below:

1 hr, 30 minutes, 45 seconds in, Warren Sharp goes off on a tangent about the Bills and there are some interesting nuggets in there I think most fans would find interesting. I enjoy his analysis and his consulting work (and others like him) for teams has shown clear dividends for teams

https://podbay.fm/p/pardon-my-take/e/1610685606 

Thanks.  This was a good reminder about how bad our first half field position was, and how it limited us.

We simply can't have the mental errors from Andre Roberts again this week.  I counted 3 bonehead decisions he made vs. the Colts that kept costing us field position.  

• Like (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You realize that Mahomes absolutely destroyed them right?

Again, that wasn't the question. He asked about if we've faced a QB like Allen. Man a couple of y'all woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Chill.

1 minute ago, AllDayLJ said:

Again, that wasn't the question. He asked about if we've faced a QB like Allen. Man a couple of y'all woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Chill.

Yeah.....that’s what he asked.  from your side, it was a rhetorical question 

He asked it to show that your ravens hadn’t had success vs a good QB all season.  

2 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

The closer it gets to gameday the hotter and more irrational the takes/reactions get here. You should see the game day threads here 😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, uninja said:

The closer it gets to gameday the hotter and more irrational the takes/reactions get here. You should see the game day threads here 😂

haha yep, the gameday threads are like the most extreme reactions.  Like a bunch of emotional teenage girls on their time of the month getting dumped by their 1 week boyfriend or the other side, being told "i love you" by said 1 week boyfriend.  

I try to only go intogameday threads if i am streaming the game to get quicker updates. Other than that I do my best to not click on the thread.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Haha (+1) 1