Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

Or how about that great 17 points performance against pats**** ? 
I know I’m in the minority here but I say the Bills win by double digits 

But they have a great D......except for Cleveland.  If Mayfield can score 42, why not Allen?  I expect a tough game but winnable.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Process said:

The fear in this thread is out of control. 

Bills fans have to be the most pessimistic fans in the league. 14 win team with a top 3 QB and we are scared ****less to play a team that just put up 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

I can't take it anymore. See you all at game time. Get ready to SHOCK THE WORLD by beating a team we are 3 point favorites against. GO BILLS!!!

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Well said.  

Im not guaranteeing a victory, but we have an elite level QB, good OL and five playmaking WR’s.  If our Defense steps up in any way, we should win this game.  

Of course, some people still need to make known they’re scared as to provide themselves a defense mechanism resulting from the past few decades of pain.  

Humble and hungry. 

Pointing out something about a team doesn't mean we fear them, it's more of a sign of respect for what they have done. 

Yea we all know it can end in an instant but I think most fans believe in our team even regardless of the situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Process said:

Bills fans have to be the most pessimistic fans in the league. 14 win team with a top 3 QB and we are scared ****less to play a team that just put up 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 

I can't take it anymore. See you all at game time. Get ready to SHOCK THE WORLD by beating a team we are 3 point favorites against. GO BILLS!!!

You sound like someone who is too young to have seen the Buffalo Bills lose 4 Super Bowls in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Humble and hungry. 

Pointing out something about a team doesn't mean we fear them, it's more of a sign of respect for what they have done. 

Yea we all know it can end in an instant but I think most fans believe in our team even regardless of the situation. 

Well then I wouldn’t be talking about you, because you don’t sound over the top about it.  It’s pretty easy to spot those who are.  

1 hour ago, Process said:

Where are people getting this about the Titans being one of the worst defenses? Simply not true.

Anyway...yay, go Bills.

2 hours ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Where are people getting this about the Titans being one of the worst defenses? Simply not true.

Anyway...yay, go Bills.

Their defensive rankings...

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think very highly of Lamar Jackson.  But W-L record is simply NOT a QB stat. 

The Ravens were a stable, well-coached team before they drafted him. 

They've had a top-3 defense since he arrived, top 10 for the last 5 years.

They've also had a 1000+ yard back last year and two backs contributing 1600 yds this year.  And as the Bills know, Greg Roman is a genius at designing an effective run game.

Again - in no way wanting to diss LJ as a player, or his contributions to the Poe-birds success.   But the W-L record goes way beyond his contributions.

I have to disagree. The Ravens were Flacco’s team when Jackson was drafted. The offense at that time was geared solely towards Flacco, not Lamar. The Ravens were floundering at 4-5 when Jackson became the starter after Flacco went on IR due to a hip injury and finished with a 6-1 record and a AFCN title. The Ravens offense was not geared towards Jackson until 2019, when the Ravens went 14-2, and they ended 2020 at 11-5. 

The kid is a winner, at least so far. Whether that’s sustainable is the question, but he’s proven himself to be a QB who can win in the NFL. 

I guess we’ll see how far he can go come Saturday night. 

• Like (+1) 6

Think the Bills win this pretty soundly. They are going to make Lamar beat them via passing and he isn't going to be able to. If the Bills have a double digit lead in the second half Lamar will make the mistakes. I have no confidence in him at all. I believe he is a better version of Vick but will always be beat by the Mahomes and Allens (he may even get a victory once and a while).

Lamar had a wonderlic score of 13. He is not a bright fellow by any means. It’s partially why he struggled against the patriots and Steelers defenses. 

The bills should disguise their coverages, blitzes, and schemes pre snap. Get Lamar to second guess what he’s doing. Hell, get him to think for 3 long seconds in the pocket, but just make sure you can contain when he does decide to finally scramble. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think what we will find will happen is that the weather will impact both teams the same. Both sides will be stacking the box, and trying to run and with some play action or short passing stuff. The team to hit on a few big plays will win. I still like our chances. 

Boy i hope not that sounds exactly like the type of game Baltimore would want. Im hoping the Bills can go up tempo spread em out 4 and 5 wide and attack.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Boy i hope not that sounds exactly like the type of game Baltimore would want. Im hoping the Bills can go up tempo spread em out 4 and 5 wide and attack.

I think the weather could be an advantage for us. Hate for that to be the way the game goes but if Lamar can’t stop on a dime and we are stacking the box I think that’s a good thing. Plus the wind will have more effect on his throw then Josh’s. It’s win or go home, if we gotta run Josh on a regular basis so be it. If he hits a couple passes to keep them honest we can mix the runs up a lot. 

15 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Yeah as you say the margin on many of our big plays is sometimes razor thin. Thats why they are so productive but they occur pretty much at at the limit of what the players are capable of. Take that edge away because the guys are banged up and the O will be much less explosive. If you need Knox and the running game to pick up the slack you are in fallback mode and not going with your best. Of course that doesnt mean that they dont step up but still.

I see that Diggs too is limited. Prolly doesnt mean much but I’m not sure hes 100% either. 

Nobody is 100% after playing a 16 game season this time of year. You think any of the Ravens starters are 100%? Every player has battle scars right now.

If we can’t beat a team with a running QB we don’t deserve to go to the next game I’m sorry I’m so sick of hearing about Lamar dude is a terrible nfl QB but a great running back. If our boys can’t man up one game to stop the run then so be it. 

8 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that Buffalo comes out and completely shuts down the Ravens running game after hearing about it all week 

We already did it to an extent last year. IIRC that Bills Ravens game was one of Lamar's worst of the year, and we lost because of offensive ineptitude. 

23 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I think the weather could be an advantage for us. Hate for that to be the way the game goes but if Lamar can’t stop on a dime and we are stacking the box I think that’s a good thing. Plus the wind will have more effect on his throw then Josh’s. It’s win or go home, if we gotta run Josh on a regular basis so be it. If he hits a couple passes to keep them honest we can mix the runs up a lot. 

If Lamar can’t run, why would you suggest having Allen run on a regular basis? Granted, Allen doesn’t juke like Jackson and is more of a straight-ahead runner, but if Jackson can’t run due to weather conditions (which I doubt), I don’t think Josh is going to run, either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well Adam Schein lived up to his word....sort of.

He jumped from a larger white table(like the ones in the videos) through a smaller kids table. :)

He did this while simultaneously pouring two cans of beer over his head and singing the shout song :)

His young son was running around in an Allen jersey yelling Go Bills.

I will see if I can get the video

Found this

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-first-playoff-win-in-25-years-leads-to-adam-schein-table-jump-watch.html

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, 97bills said:

If we can’t beat a team with a running QB we don’t deserve to go to the next game I’m sorry I’m so sick of hearing about Lamar dude is a terrible nfl QB but a great running back. If our boys can’t man up one game to stop the run then so be it. 

Come on man, have a little bit of perspective here. He led the league in touchdown passes last year, unanimous MVP, completes around 64% of his passes...he doesn’t have the arm talent Josh does but that doesn’t mean he’s a terrible QB. I would rather have the guy the Bills have, Jackson definitely had his flaws as a passer, but I’d the Bills go into this game thinking the exact same way you are they are going to lose

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1