Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

yea Dobbins is averaging 6.0 ypc this year but on 2/3 of the carries that Ingram had with 5.0 ypc.  Not sure that proves that the offense is somehow better off with Dobbins.  

Dobbins is a more versatile RB than Ingram but watch out for him coughing it up and dropped passes

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dobbins is a more versatile RB than Ingram but watch out for him coughing it up and dropped passes

Dobbins has 18 catches this year and 5 in the last 8 including the game last week.  To be fair ingram only had 6 last year but that is low production either way

55 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

All people mean is JK Dobbins instead of Mark Ingram. 

Did the Ravens OLine get much better in 2019 verses 2020?

No, they lost their two best OL in Stanley (injury) and Yanda (retirement)

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going back 4 years on Dobbins. Love that kid though. 

I wonder if Simms will call JA my boy blue!

37 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Did we watch the same video? Maybe I missed it, but Cosell doesn’t even say that in there?

It was a 2 minute segment on Bills/Ravens. He spent the first 30 seconds talking about how these two teams played last year and Buffalo did a really good job, but they played out of their base defense (that was one of the only times we played extensively out of our base defense, we play Nickel a lot under McDermott), and this year they play in Nickel 90% of the time with Taron Johnson assuming LB responsibilities (and he says Johnson is VERY good at it). 

Then he says very briefly the Ravens added some counter-gap schemes along with the “Lamar Jackson factor.” He then says it’s all about stopping the run and how you try to stop it, and then goes into his 1 minute blurb on the Bills. 

He went on to say that as much as Josh likes to escape the pocket to make plays, he’s going to have to make plays from the pocket in this game to win. Basically insinuating Josh hasn’t been able to do that this year. 

Overall in that 2 minute clip, Cosell didn’t provide me anything of actual substances and he seems pretty ill informed. 

Didn't the Bills play nickle with Taron Johnson most of the time last year as well?  When I look at Johnson's 2019 snap counts which I think are a good marker for how much nickle we're playing, he played 89, 65, 84% prior to the Ravens game, then 81% the week after the Ravens game.

This year, it's varied from a low of 52% to a high of 100% which says to me the Bills play a durn lot of Nickel this year too.  I think we may have played it more than we'd prefer due to the injury to Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
I’m going back 4 years on Dobbins. Love that kid though. 

Dobbins is probably the best RB I have ever seen play at Ohio State. I would put him slightly ahead of even Eddie George, and definitely ahead of Zeke.

I don’t follow the pre-draft stuff enough though to know why he was only a second round pick and Zeke was a top 5 pick. 

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It was better last year.  They lost Yanda and Stanley.

Lamar is a good QB, but in the end, he isn't 2x the QB as any other top flight QB. 

118.5 combined yards per game, 11 total TDs.

288.9 combined yards per game, 43 total TDs

250.4 combined yards per game, 33 total TDs

So 2019 he was an elite QB in terms of production, and 2020 he's a solidly good QB in terms of production. But yards are yards and he's not heads and shoulders above Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Herbert or any other high upside thrower. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Dobbins is probably the best RB I have ever seen play at Ohio State. I would put him slightly ahead of even Eddie George, and definitely ahead of Zeke.

I don’t follow the pre-draft stuff enough though to know why he was only a second round pick and Zeke was a top 5 pick. 

Speed, blocking

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't the Bills play nickle with Taron Johnson most of the time last year as well?  When I look at Johnson's 2019 snap counts which I think are a good marker for how much nickle we're playing, he played 89, 65, 84% prior to the Ravens game, then 81% the week after the Ravens game.

This year, it's varied from a low of 52% to a high of 100% which says to me the Bills play a durn lot of Nickel this year too.  I think we may have played it more than we'd prefer due to the injury to Milano.

I have been up and down on Taron Johnson all year. But he is the one guy I watch pretty closely. He is remarkably good against the run for a CB. Gets right in there and fills the hole, and is a good tackler. His best play last week was stopping Taylor on that 3rd down and goal pitch. 

i was thinking we would see more Klein this week to beef up the interior defense, but maybe the staff likes what Johnson can bring and how he has been playing against the run.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Can't wait til Josh and the gang shuts all these people up Saturday night!  So much of the media turned on us since a week ago...watch how we go right back to media darlings Sunday morning.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He called this game for the Ravens, I believe

Yes he did 

16 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I'm expecting him to be available for Saturday and ideally both teams will have everyone healthy, but if Peters is truly questionable and wound up missing the game, that would be a huge factor especially with how I think we'll plan to attack the Ravens defense.

Suddenly, Jimmy Smith is their #2, Anthony Averett is probably their #3, and their secondary looks very very vulnerable to our 10 and 11 personnel. Something to watch when the inactives list drops. 

@AllDayLJ interested to get your expert thoughts on how healthy Peters is and what talent level/depth at CB is available behind Humphrey and Smith. Cheers!

I would expect all of them to play. Marcus has been on the injury report what seems to be the entire back half of the season. But it doesn't sound like anything major.

You nailed it on the depth, though. Not much. Luckily Jimmy Smith is still solid, but then it falls to Averett - who I honestly think has played well during this winning streak - and Tramon Williams.

Let's just hope Marcus plays!

Edited by AllDayLJ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

image.thumb.png.4a63ccc6f800641bd443525f09c36572.png

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Looking healthy.   Darryl Williams you'd like to see out there for special teams but not a huge loss.   Good to see Stefon and Oliver back to full and Beasley obviously is still on the mend but at least his injury designation is not at questionable meaning he's healthier than he was last week at this time.   I'd say the Bills are pretty dang healthy going into the playoffs aside from Moss.

Did you mean Darryl Johnson?  We don't have Williams play ST and he's not on the report.

image.thumb.png.a66de08ffd9d1ba31c90ba25a0a325cc.png

I'm sure Peters will play, but if he's playing hampered that might be something to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

uh, ok

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate (passing) QB. 

When Schopp watches a Nick Wright segment, does he feel jealousy?  Envy? The terrible sense that somebody took his schtick and is actually getting rich off it?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, AllDayLJ said:

I would expect all of them to play. Marcus has been on the injury what seems to be the entire back half of the season. But it doesn't sound like anything major.

You nailed it on the depth though. Not much. Luckily Jimmy Smith is still solid, but then it falls to Averett - who I honestly think has played well during this winning streak - and Tramon Williams.

Let's just hope Marcus plays!

Well...you and your fellow Poe-bird followers all hope that

(BTW I've been calling the Ravens Poe-birds since they put "always more, never less" as a motto on their website, no disparagement intended)

• Haha (+1) 1