Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

It's also goin to hurt Jackson more, anytime you don't have a true spiral on the ball the wind effects it even more. I'll take my chances with JA throwing in the wind, he has what it takes to make the most of it.

Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson could care less about throwing the football IMO.

I'm hoping the bad traction does however hurt Jacksons ability to change directiions. 

Daboll's no dummy, Allen can also run the football and is more of a downhill runner then Jackson.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

uh, ok

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate QB. 

If Lamar loses his ability to run via an injury he immediately becomes an average starter because he can't beat you primarily throwing the ball.

If Allen loses his ability to run he can still beat you from the pocket. 

Huge difference. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

If Lamar loses his ability to run via an injury he immediately becomes an average starter because he can't beat you primarily throwing the ball.

If Allen loses his ability to run he can still beat you from the pocket. 

Huge difference. 

I would even say he is below average if the running is gone.  He is averaging 184 ypg passing this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsrul120 said:

I would even say he is below average if the running is gone.  He is averaging 184 ypg passing this year.

Right, as a passer but combined with his running he is still really dangerous. 

Allen can be a star in any system, Lamar needs a system designed for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Figster said:

Greg Roman and Lamar Jackson could care less about throwing the football IMO.

I'm hoping the bad traction does however hurt Jacksons ability to change directiions. 

Daboll's no dummy, Allen can also run the football and is more of a downhill runner then Jackson.

I understand what you're saying but they will still need some attempts to keep Frazier honest. I'm hoping that will lead to inaccuracy and a turnover.

I wouldn't mind us going to basically a 5-2 look by taking T Johnson off the field and bringing in another dt. Let Edmunds, Milano and Poyer handle the TE's (jam them off the line with the DE's) and let's see what happens. Doubt we go there, but it would be fun to see. I do expect to see more 4-3 looks with Klein in for Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Ravens 2019 rushing ypg: 206.0

Ravens 2020 rushing ypg: 191.9

Ravens 2019 passing ypg: 201.6

Ravens 2020 passing ypg: 171.2

They are not more dynamic than last year at all. 

All people mean is JK Dobbins instead of Mark Ingram. 

Did the Ravens OLine get much better in 2019 verses 2020?

Just now, Big Turk said:

Right, as a passer but combined with his running he is still really dangerous. 

Allen can be a star in any system, Lamar needs a system designed for him.

They definitely have the right guy to design the system.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

uh, ok

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate (passing) QB. 

Surprised those guys are still on the air. They are super lucky Buffalo is a massive football town and there is such an appetite for Bills content.

I used to be an avid WGR listener, but I moved to Northern Ireland from Buffalo in 2015 and the WGR app doesn't work over here which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I switched to listening to the Locked On Bills, Cover 1, and Buffalo Rumblings podcasts on Spotify and would never go back. 

I spend zero minutes a day being frustrated about the latest dumb thing Schopp blurted out and maybe more importantly, I never have a personal injury attorney or heating company jingle stuck in my head! LOL would highly recommend making the switch! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

All people mean is JK Dobbins instead of Mark Ingram. 

Did the Ravens OLine get much better in 2019 verses 2020?

yea Dobbins is averaging 6.0 ypc this year but on 2/3 of the carries that Ingram had with 5.0 ypc.  Not sure that proves that the offense is somehow better off with Dobbins.  

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you fan enough?

Fella loves him some Josh Allen 

If I still had enough hair PTR,

A permanent tattoo of this on ones forehead now would really say something.

Edited by Figster

17 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Ravens 2019 rushing ypg: 206.0

Ravens 2020 rushing ypg: 191.9

Ravens 2019 passing ypg: 201.6

Ravens 2020 passing ypg: 171.2

They are not more dynamic than last year at all. 

True. The difference lately is that a slowed-down Mark Ingram has basically been riding the pine at the expense of Dobbins. Early season Dobbins was lucky to get 3-5 carries a game. Since the backfield roster was set as Jackson, Dobbins and Edwards the dynamic has changed. Year-to-year stats show a drop in overall rush yards from 2019 to 2020. But as of late, the three-headed monster of Lamar, JK and Gus has been pounding the rock. 

25 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Cosell goes over it here. Ravens run game is much more dynamic this year than it was in the game last season. 

Did we watch the same video? Maybe I missed it, but Cosell doesn’t even say that in there?

It was a 2 minute segment on Bills/Ravens. He spent the first 30 seconds talking about how these two teams played last year and Buffalo did a really good job, but they played out of their base defense (that was one of the only times we played extensively out of our base defense, we play Nickel a lot under McDermott), and this year they play in Nickel 90% of the time with Taron Johnson assuming LB responsibilities (and he says Johnson is VERY good at it). 

Then he says very briefly the Ravens added some counter-gap schemes along with the “Lamar Jackson factor.” He then says it’s all about stopping the run and how you try to stop it, and then goes into his 1 minute blurb on the Bills. 

He went on to say that as much as Josh likes to escape the pocket to make plays, he’s going to have to make plays from the pocket in this game to win. Basically insinuating Josh hasn’t been able to do that this year. 

Overall in that 2 minute clip, Cosell didn’t provide me anything of actual substances and he seems pretty ill informed. 

Edited by JGMcD2

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Both teams essentially fully healthy. No excuses. May the best team win.

I'm expecting him to be available for Saturday and ideally both teams will have everyone healthy, but if Peters is truly questionable and wound up missing the game, that would be a huge factor especially with how I think we'll plan to attack the Ravens defense.

Suddenly, Jimmy Smith is their #2, Anthony Averett is probably their #3, and their secondary looks very very vulnerable to our 10 and 11 personnel. Something to watch when the inactives list drops. 

@AllDayLJ interested to get your expert thoughts on how healthy Peters is and what talent level/depth at CB is available behind Humphrey and Smith. Cheers!