Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looking healthy.   Darryl Williams you'd like to see out there for special teams but not a huge loss.   Good to see Stefon and Oliver back to full and Beasley obviously is still on the mend but at least his injury designation is not at questionable meaning he's healthier than he was last week at this time.   I'd say the Bills are pretty dang healthy going into the playoffs aside from Moss.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Listening to “The Opening Drive” with Solomon Wilcotts and Ed Mccaferry as I’m typing this. Here’s the summary of their Bills-Ravens preview..... 5 minutes of how fast Lamar Jackson is and then another 5 min of how good the Ravens D is at getting the ball. That’s it. That’s the preview. No joke. It was 10 minutes or Lamar Jackson talk and Ravens defense..... SERIOUSLY? 

I find this funny beings the bills offense scored at a higher clip during the regular season and in the playoffs. And our defense caused 4 more TO’s on the season. I really enjoy these guys analysis every morning so that was super disappointing.  

This has been the narrative all week on every NFL show/podcast. We’re no longer the little train that could, we’re the team with a target on us. Comes with the territory.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

we’re DOOOOOOMED!

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Two of the best QBs ever, Rodgers and Brady, played in "bad weather" open fields. 

Elite guys are going to do their thing. Football is meant to be played outdoors.

On the other hand, a multipurpose stadium with a closable roof is the way to go for business reasons.

I get the football is meant to be played outside mentality. 

On the other hand watching the weather report. 17mph winds does not help our QB. Allen has already commented on how  a controlled enviroment helps him. The longer the throws the more wind becomes a factor in the accuracy. Nobody stretches the field like Josh Allen and the Bills. Buffalo better be prepared to run the football and stop the run.

C J Yeldon has been waiting for this moment to come for a very long. Team needs you Yeldon. Hold on to the football and run!!! 

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

Looking healthy.   Darryl Williams you'd like to see out there for special teams but not a huge loss.   Good to see Stefon and Oliver back to full and Beasley obviously is still on the mend but at least his injury designation is not at questionable meaning he's healthier than he was last week at this time.   I'd say the Bills are pretty dang healthy going into the playoffs aside from Moss.

agreed. I think we were all sweating bullets re Edmunds and Oliver mostly. 

Beasley is going to play through his injury. 

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

I get the football is meant to be played outside mentality. 

On the other hand watching the weather report. 17mph winds does not help our QB. Allen has already commented on how  a controlled enviroment helps him. The longer the throws the more wind becomes a factor in the accuracy. Nobody stretches the field like Josh Allen and the Bills. Buffalo better be prepared to run the football and stop the run.

C J Yeldon has been waiting for this moment to come for a very long. Team needs you Yeldon. Hold on to the football and run!!! 

It's also goin to hurt Jackson more, anytime you don't have a true spiral on the ball the wind effects it even more. I'll take my chances with JA throwing in the wind, he has what it takes to make the most of it.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if JA plays "like a cyborg from another planet" then we win easily.  We will probably even handle one TO.  Two TOs (on Buffalo) and it will probably be a close game.  If JA brings his B game we probably still win, just closer/a nail biter again.

29 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 

Ravens 2019 rushing ypg: 206.0

Ravens 2020 rushing ypg: 191.9

Ravens 2019 passing ypg: 201.6

Ravens 2020 passing ypg: 171.2

They are not more dynamic than last year at all. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

uh, ok

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate (passing) QB. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Don’t see a lot of ppl talk about the fact that the ravens run game is much better and more dynamic this year than it was last season. 

If the same season average of  5.5 YPC and 225 less total rushing yards on the year- albeit on 40 less carries - is "much better and dynamic" then you have a point.

Where I grew up we'd call it a wash.

28 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Diggs was limited last week and he did fine.  At this point there's no reason to risk a foot or leg injury with the WR's during practice so you go easy.

My frustration with the TE's & RB's beyond their inability to be productive in the passing game, is that with the focus opposing teams have to put on our WR's they should be making some big plays.  The biggest TE play of the kind I'm talking about this year was the Smith catch against NE.  Allen routinely hits our RB's in space with quick throws and almost every time they get brought down by the first tackler. 

I've  been expecting a breakout game by Knox & Singletery in the passing game every week.  Saturday night would be a great time for it to happen.

Well regarding Diggs there is that oblique thingy. I live with that as a chronic condition.  Mine is quite mild and no biggy but I can easily imagine a more serious one being very painful, though pain by itself can be managed. Not trying to be alarmist but I am concerned about the health of our main receiving targets.

25 minutes ago, Magox said:

You mean Darryl Johnson??

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp is insufferable right now about Lamar Jackson.  

He would bet, long term, on Lamar over Allen because “there’s more evidence..”

uh, ok

Who did we hurt to have this guy forced on us?  

Bulldog... thank you for defending, oh, you know, our MVP candidate QB. 

I am listening to this as well. Almost comical-it's always prove more to me Josh with him it seems. Then he drools over Lamar!