Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

"To me, tackling him ... you better throw big bodies at him because he's a big body," Martindale said. "I told the defense earlier: 'We need to tackle him like you tackle Henry because that's the way he runs.' He's a tough challenge that we have."

Baltimore D Coordinator talking about Allen. I hope this results in Allen staying healthy and multiple 15 yards penalties on them.

If I recall from last seasons game, Allen took some shots and it was a very physical game on both sides

19 minutes ago, AllDayLJ said:

One point of clarification. I've seen a couple comments the last 50 pages or so about our "TEs". We really only have 1 now.

Last year we had three tight ends and it was fantastic. We had Andrews, Hurst and Boyle.

This off-season we traded Hurst to the Falcons, leaving us two. Then Boyle got hurt during the Patriots game. We've picked up Eric Tomlinson, but he's basically a non-factor.

That's changed our offense this year. Those 3-TE sets were absolute daggers to defenses, and that part of our offense is just gone. Poof.

Ugh. I can't stand comments like this. They're short-sighted and frustrating. If you read even one article on LJ you would know that's not him at all. He a legitimately very, very nice dude.

He actually said after the game he wanted to pull the team off the field so that they DIDN'T get into it with the Titans. He knew emotions were high because of what's happened the last couple games and then the defense going out onto the logo.

this website has a vendetta against Lamar for no reason

just look at the "Lamar era is over" thread, the guy who made that is a total clown. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

From weather.com

image.thumb.png.1af79df040fa16fbb6e4c2a90f72d0d8.png

Those are meaningless for Lake Effect snow.  That just gives general synoptic snow from the front coming through.

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Bullseye on Orchard Park.

Timing is still in question but the bigger concern might be winds 15 to 25 mph

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Totally surprised at how many bills fans are wishing for a snow game 

have they not see our team play in bad weather?

chiefs game: Allen’s worst game, couldn’t get anything going all game

Pittsburgh 1sf half: it was sleeting, maybe our worst 1st half of the season for the offense. 2nd half it was clear and we improved 

The Bills and Josh have been changing the narrative all season on a bunch of different points.  Maybe this game...in the biggest moment of his young career...Josh goes off and we wake up Sunday morning saying WOW, this guy was amazing in the snow and wind.  He handled it way better than Lamar.  Just maybe?!? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

People afraid of the snow, lol.  Bring it.  Let's see Lamar on a sloppy track.

Agree.  It's Buffalo in January.  It is what it is and will affect both teams.

Can't help but think of what my old man would say, "Everyone complains about the weather but no one does anything about it"!

LJ on Saturday.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know what to predict about Saturday night's weather, nor how it will impact the Bills' performance. However, I will note this: There is not one challenge this year that Josh Allen has failed to meet and conquer.

• Man coverage
  • Zone coverage
  • Pressure
  • Pocket passing
  • Reading and recognizing defenses
  • Falling behind
  • Needing to create
  • Staying calm and focused during adversity

He is no longer a project. He is now an elite and lethal NFL quarterback. Given that, I will grab my popcorn (and bourbon), tune in Saturday night and watch what happens, with high optimism and anticipation.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I hate the idea of forcing the run..... how many times have we tried that this year? 

I’m not saying we force it. I’m all for passing. But they have 3 excellent corners and I guarantee Baltimore is thinking they will out muscle us in this game.

We shouldn’t change who we are or what got us here, but in a snow/wind game on a slick field, you need some production from the running game.

As I said in previous posts this week, if Motor (and/or Yeldon) has a similar YPC and overall production that we had in the Texans playoff game last year, along with a solid game from Josh, we will be in excellent shape and likely win the game barring a complete defensive meltdown. 

First post here.

All week I have been buying into the Media hype for the Ravens and Lamar, I seem to have been brainwashed to think they are better than the Bills since they are so hot right now.  After reading through this whole thread,  I actually feel much better.  Some points that have been made about the Ravens strength of schedule VS. ours,  The quality of the defenses each team played last week,  and Maybe weather being a factor for their secondary.  

One thing I believe is that OUR secondary can be trusted against the  Ravens receivers.  I believe this should give Buffalo the chance to really focus on the Run game.  I think if we play this right,  we can actually keep the Ravens in check pretty well.  Mix this with some elite play by our offense (which I definitely expect),  and I am feeling cautiously optimistic about this game.  I really don't know if I can handle another nailbiter like last week,  so my prediction is 31-14 Buffalo.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We didn't play well against in that stretch and weather wasn't the reason.  We struggled against the Titans, Pats and Jets in that time and all had good weather.

The weather wasn't bad against the Steelers.  If it was, Big Ben wouldn't have throw it 37 times and Allen wouldn't have thrown it 43 times.

Agree, I'm actually not concerned about if it snows or not. I kinda hope it does. I think the Ravens would struggle more than the Bills for the most part. I feel like Bills passing game will do a lot better in the snow than the Ravens would. Then that would make the Ravens basically a one trick pony for the most part imo

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AllDayLJ said:

Hey @Hapless Bills Fan I actually saw that the other day. Just added it to the list of reasons why I like Allen. Just a good dude.

I actually just saw LJ say this yesterday:

"People are always just talking about Josh and his big arm, but he's doing it all out there," Jackson said. "He's getting out of the pocket, taking advantage of what the defense gives him, throwing the ball on a rope. He's slinging the ball like a Patrick Mahomes. He's helping his team out a lot. He's one of the key reasons they're putting up so many points and winning games. Hats off to Josh because he's been doing it since his rookie season."

Sounds like the two of them must have some contact off season or off the field.  Sounds like they each have a dislike for the "narrative" about the other, too.

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Sounds like Allen can run in snow

• Like (+1) 1

NWS Meteorologist Don Paul and former longtime Channel 4 chief meteorologist thinks the lake snows will be focused further south and will not play a significant role in the game:

"By Saturday evening, that northwest flow will be established, targeting most lake snow well to the south. There is good model agreement on this placement.

In other words, fans in attendance and the teams are unlikely to be dealing with any serious lake snow. After the game, those who have traveled north from ski country will run into some lake snow heading south, with some slick roads mainly below the Southtowns. The game-time temperature will be falling into the low 30s, and the 12-18-mph breeze will produce a noticeable wind chill, averaging around 22-24 degrees."

Things always can change at the last minute, but as of right now, it doesn't look like snow will have an effect...winds of 15 to 25 might tho

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AllDayLJ said:

Hey @Hapless Bills Fan I actually saw that the other day. Just added it to the list of reasons why I like Allen. Just a good dude.

I actually just saw LJ say this yesterday:

"People are always just talking about Josh and his big arm, but he's doing it all out there," Jackson said. "He's getting out of the pocket, taking advantage of what the defense gives him, throwing the ball on a rope. He's slinging the ball like a Patrick Mahomes. He's helping his team out a lot. He's one of the key reasons they're putting up so many points and winning games. Hats off to Josh because he's been doing it since his rookie season."

Hats off?? Wtf does that even mean!??!!!

This is bulletin board material if I’ve ever seen it.  

• Haha (+1) 3