Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Lamar had that highlight reel play. 48 yard run. Great...

Take that away and he throws for 179 1 int, and 75 yards rushing. I’m not overly impressed. Especially against a soft defense. The Tennessee fans I’ve talked too are more pissed they lost cause they couldn’t score more than 20 pts, not cause of Lamar.

I’m more impressed their defense shut down Henry and held them to 13 pts... that’s the highlight.

Take that away and he throws for 179 1 int, and 75 yards rushing. I’m not overly impressed. Especially against a soft defense. The Tennessee fans I’ve talked too are more pissed they lost cause they couldn’t score more than 20 pts, not cause of Lamar.

I’m more impressed their defense shut down Henry and held them to 13 pts... that’s the highlight.

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 12

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

well, everyone here is talking about it too. A couple of threads on it

But that's ok when we do it.

20 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

You don't get to take away 48 yard TD runs. They're significant.   Why not also take away his INT?, then he had no interceptions.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As others mentioned, Daboll tailors each week’s offensive philosophy toward the opponent specifically. I have a feeling the bills are going to see the same D Belichick put out there the first pats game with the 6 DBs and the Bills will run the ball a lot. Ravens have better talent on D than the pats but aren’t as discoplined on the second level. Ravens will invite them to run and aren’t great at stopping it. They also are very bad tackling team. 

Yeah, we have 2 of the worst tackling D's in the NFL on display this game.  Ravens have 2nd most missed tackles in the NFL. Only Las Vegas was worse.  Bills are 6th in missed tackles. Seems both teams employ speed and rally to ball methods for tackling.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah, we have 2 of the worst tackling D's in the NFL on display this game.  Ravens have 2nd most missed tackles in the NFL. Only Las Vegas was worse.  Bills are 6th in missed tackles. Seems both teams employ speed and rally to ball methods for tackling.

I did not know that. That may be huge w/ Diggs.

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I did not know that. That may be huge w/ Diggs.

Especially if Marcus Peters is in coverage. I suspect he will draw Humphrey though. The thing to watch with Humphrey is that he has forced 8 fumbles this season. That’s insane. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Especially if Marcus Peters is in coverage. I suspect he will draw Humphrey though. The thing to watch with Humphrey is that he has forced 8 fumbles this season. That’s insane. 

Heard WGR talking about the Ravens forcing fumbles this morning.  I think our coaches can get into our WR's to make the catch and then get down in traffic... most of them do it already anyway.  I do worry about QB runs with Josh, because you know they are going to try to strip him in the open field.  Knock on wood, he has been better securing the ball in those situations.   

NFL playoff picks, predictions against the spread

Game of the Week: Ravens at Bills (-2.5, 50 o/u)

Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET, NBC

This game will live up to the billing of being a dynamic passing and running duel between 2018 first-round quarterbacks Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen. The Bills' defensive weakness is against the run, which will allow Jackson, J.K. Dobbins and Gus Edwards to get going between the tackles and around the edges. The Ravens are solid against the run but, despite some having some good, experienced pass rushers and cornerbacks, they have lapses in pressure and coverage, which can expose them further with their frequent blitzes.

Jackson will do plenty of damage on the ground and Allen will have his share of key physical runs. It will come down to which quarterback can make a few more big pass plays off script. Jackson will see Tre'Davious White contain Marquise Brown, left leaning mostly on tight end Mark Andrews in a great matchup. The difference will be the Bills' Stefon Diggs, who can consistently get the better of Marcus Peters outside to boost Allen.

Pick: Bills win 27-24 and cover the spread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/nfl-playoff-picks-predictions-against-spread-bucs-solve-saints-chiefs-bounce-browns-bills-packers-survive/ar-BB1cFfZ3?ocid=msedgdhp

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

As others mentioned, Daboll tailors each week’s offensive philosophy toward the opponent specifically. I have a feeling the bills are going to see the same D Belichick put out there the first pats game with the 6 DBs and the Bills will run the ball a lot. Ravens have better talent on D than the pats but aren’t as discoplined on the second level. Ravens will invite them to run and aren’t great at stopping it. They also are very bad tackling team. 

If that is the case, get Dubya activated!!! 

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

it was early in the season but KC waitedon a ton of long developing routes and capitalized on several of them.  Is their o.line a lot better than ours?

I didn't watch that game so I'll take your word for it.  I'd have to assume they gave Mahomes enough time.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Couldn’t disagree more. The Ravens are awful when you spread them out and go 4 wide. Awful. 
We are going to see a bunch of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. The Ravens are awful when you spread them out and go 4 wide. Awful. 
We are going to see a bunch of that. 

didnt i see somebody post a tweet on here that the ravens are ranked liked 20 or even worse vs 4 wr?..... and thats 4 wide in general. theres only a handful of 4 teams that have our caliber of 4 wide.

@YoloinOhio still might be onto something though. the ravens are like 24th in yards allowed per carry. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

didnt i see somebody post a tweet on here that the ravens are ranked liked 20 or even worse vs 4 wr?..... and thats 4 wide in general. theres only a handful of 4 teams that have our caliber of 4 wide.

26th or 27th. 

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Bills 7-0 versus top ten defenses

Bills 8-2 versus the top 15 rushing teams.

These stats, our prime time experience, and the tough schedule/ road to the playoffs formulate my belief that the Bills will prevail.

Bills had a tough schedule, played in an oven the whole year. Time and time again this offense came through and set the tempo. We did not just squeak by these defenses either, we at times shredded.

The Ravens are the best version of the tough defense, tough running teams in the NFL. I have a ton of respect for them, but they have also been inconsistent. LJ is electric and the kind of freak athlete fans love. That being said, I think looking at the body of their work they are a bit overrated.

To win, the Bills have to click on offense...they've got to crack the nut, and they did that week after week to good defenses. If the Ravens think they are going to see the tepid offensive team of 2019 that came within one John Brown slant of matching them, they are wrong.

On defense, the Bills dont really need to fully stop the Ravens. Our offense is better and can strike quicker. I don't believe the Ravens can win in a shoot out, or a comeback....some of the games we played we have given up huge yardage in the running game and total offense. We still won....in the case of Hail Murray, should have won.  The Cards game was far from perfect. 

A lot of things need to line up to beat the Bills. The Colts almost lined them up. Im not sure if it even matters if Josh is on. Giving up 450 yards offense and still winning, compounded by 163 yards in ST differential by poor field position was legendary. While we can't do this every week, it still blows my mind.

After last week, i expect the defense to play better. I expect special teams to play better and i think the flow of the game on the Bills side is going to be fast and furious, and i think it may be a finest hour. I trust our coach, our QB and players, and I trust the process.

Thanks for sharing. I know anything could happen, but I’ve seen a couple stats (the record stat you mentioned and the Ravens not being good against 4 WRs) that are very encouraging in regards to the Bills winning this game.

We’re a really good, battle tested team. This could be an advantage to us on Saturday.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1