Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Line started at -3 and is now down to -1.  Media is really pushing the Ravens hard and have cooled on the Bills significantly since we didn't blow out the Colts.  Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a pick or we are even underdogs by game time.  The team should see this as a total lack of respect and use it as fuel to go out and look to make a statement.

Look, this is going to be a very tough game.  But, I am tired of the fear that seems to be popping up all over (and has been there for weeks by some) over playing the Ravens.  I'm not saying we are going to win.  Heck, we might get blown out for all I know.  But, to go into this game thinking that the Ravens are this unbeatable team is a little out there.  They have issues just like we do and every other team does.  The team that wins this game will be the one who finds the best way to exploit their opponent's issues.

I really believe these teams are very close and neither one outclasses the other.  But, I truly believe that is we play our best football of the season to date, we will win this game.  I respect every team we are going to face, but we are good enough not to have to fear anyone.  That doesn't make us unbeatable by any means.  We can lose any given game.  But we are just as good as any team out there and can win every time we step on the field as well.  We're trying to win the Super Bowl.  That road was never going to be easy, especially trying to do it in the AFC Playoffs.  We win........we will have earned every bit of it.  Go Bills.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Thanks for being a classy guest.

The Colts are excellent and it seems like they have a very bright future. I’d put money on the Bills facing them in the playoffs again in the coming years.

Feel free to stick around as long as you want. This remains a very active forum all offseason. One of the best — if not THE best — NFL message boards in existence. We can always use more good posters!

Thanks for the kind words! This has been an awesome place to hang, hope one day I can do a trip to Buffalo and see a game! 

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Thanks. Little worried/anxious about this one. Your Colts played a hell of a game btw. They had the perfect game plan and it worked well. They could have very well won that game. 

The Colts surprised me! I figured they could keep it close for 2 or 3 quarters, but it ended up being a hell of a game right down to the wire.... It was a hard loss to take, but it's a game I will definitely watch over and for the next few years. What an exciting game it was.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Kangaxx said:

Worried about Edmunds. Not a good sign.

I worry about him all the time.

So much rides on that position being played well in this defense.

If he is nursing a hammy there goes his biggest contribution to the defense - his ability to cover those shallow sideline to sideline routes.

Man...injuries this year have been rough.

4 hours ago, wjag said:

Be curious what you thought about the 4th down pass.   Everyone I have talked to so far would have kicked the FG.  Your concerns about them disappearing were not founded.  The Colts played an entire 60m game.  A few bad breaks, a bad replay challenge, and a few missed passes was what separated your team from the W.

I definitely thought they should have kicked the field goal..... As soon as I saw them go for it, my stomach got sick (of course if they made it, you think it's a good idea lol) But I was dead against it from the start. The Colts defense was playing a pretty solid game, so take the points when you get the chance... That, and the missed field goal were ultimately the difference in the game. Of course, I see the other side to it: Frank Reich knows what a lethal offense the Bills have been the last few weeks, so he wanted to try and go for as many points as he can, I get that.... Unfortunately it just didn't pay off.

4 hours ago, Success said:

Thanks for the good wishes.  I've always pulled for the Colts (especially in the Manning/Brady days!).  

I watched the replay last night, and still can't believe the Bills pulled it out.  In many ways, the Colts dominated that game.  There are no real weaknesses that I can see on that team, and they have a lot of great young players.  Bright future ahead, imo.

And I think there has been way too much second-guessing of Reich.  Fortune generally favors the bold, and he was bold - if those plays were executed, people would be praising his aggressiveness. That's just how the game is. He coached an excellent game and had that team ready to play.

It was one of the few times the Colts played a full 60 minutes this year, I was definitely impressed with the game plan and coaching.... They were ready to play, and it was an amazing game. I didn't like Franks decision to go for the touchdown and not take the field goal.... but in the end, I get why he chose to go for it. Can't win em all, Buffalo is a 13-3 team who was hot as an oven coming into that game. I was sad for the loss, but ultimately I wasn't surprised. 

I am very excited for the game this weekend.... Buffalo and Baltimore are the two hottest teams in the league, I really hope Buffalo pulls this out. It's going to come down to the wire I am sure.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

And Brown is severely underused in that offense, I think.

That's likely because he's not a TE or is on the outside.  Week 1 was the last time he went over 100 yards in a game.  He's a great receiver for sure but feel like he's getting limited by what LJ does/doesn't do well.

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That's likely because he's not a TE or is on the outside.  Week 1 was the last time he went over 100 yards in a game.  He's a great receiver for sure but feel like he's getting limited by what LJ does/doesn't do well.

And hes not very happy about it either.  Hes had some disgruntled tweets this year about lack of targets.  Something like "at least I got my cardio in".

51 minutes ago, TylerD said:

Thanks for the kind words! This has been an awesome place to hang, hope one day I can do a trip to Buffalo and see a game! 

The Colts surprised me! I figured they could keep it close for 2 or 3 quarters, but it ended up being a hell of a game right down to the wire.... It was a hard loss to take, but it's a game I will definitely watch over and for the next few years. What an exciting game it was.

Colts were criminally underrated since they are not a flashy team...they are just solid across the board. And now we are paying the price because everyone is dismissing us since we didn't blow them out.  It makes no sense.  Ravens didn't do much offensively against the Colts either...they were held under 300 yards 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

This is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen with relation to this game. The one thing I think of whenever I consider this matchup is them just constantly blitzing Josh last year and him being a deer in headlights. 

The Ravens also spend the most time in man coverage. If their defense simply does what they've been doing all year, they'll get roasted in this game.

The Bills offense is already dictating what the Ravens do and the game hasn't even started.