Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, NickelCity said:

If it's slippery, I'm not sure that it completely favors the Ravens and their quick-cutting ball carriers.

I am hoping for this too I think we can still throw the ball short and on crossing routs if it being slippery slows Jackson down some it will help. 👍🏼

9 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I just got on here to see what the weather was doing that is a big concern of mine man if it’s snowing and a nasty field that helps the ravens 1000% and since I only had to go down 3 post it’s everyone else concern too. GO BILLS

Dead wrong.  Slick conditions favor the offense in general, but more specifically the passing game.  The WRs know where they are going, the DBs don't.  Stopping/starting/cutting is more difficult.  That is actually a bit tougher on the run game as well.

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

If it's slippery, I'm not sure that it completely favors the Ravens and their quick-cutting ball carriers.

This ^^^^ guy gets it.

• Agree 3

I'm hearing a lot about the Baltimore rush offense and how that will be impactful.  Wouldnt the more important stat be TOTAL yards?  If Baltimore rushes for 250 yards but Lamar throws for 90, does that make their offense spectacular?  Would Josh Allen passing for 340 and rushing for 30 not be technically better?

This game will come down to field position, turnovers, and redzone defense.  Allen has to protect the ball, convert TDs in the redzone, and take advantage of opportunities given.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

I'm hearing a lot about the Baltimore rush offense and how that will be impactful.  Wouldnt the more important stat be TOTAL yards?  If Baltimore rushes for 250 yards but Lamar throws for 90, does that make their offense spectacular?  Would Josh Allen passing for 340 and rushing for 30 not be technically better?

This game will come down to field position, turnovers, and redzone defense.  Allen has to protect the ball, convert TDs in the redzone, and take advantage of opportunities given.

I think one difference is if you are rushing for 250 then you may also be holding the ball for 40 minutes. Which then makes it hard for the the other team to pass for 340. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

And conversely, our D had to defend their end  zone to compliment our O success.

25 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Oh they are. But it amazing how quick the narrative changes when the Bills underacheive (That is, don't dominate and blow out teams like they did the past month ) and The Ravens get the monkey off their back with the Titans.  My take is...talk up Lamar all you want.  

Let the doubters and Raven bandwagon guys talk themselves out on Sports radio. I think we'll play a lot better. And we have Josh.

Agree on how quick the narrative changes.  I'll admit, hearing people talk about this game has me feeling like we're the underdog, but then I remember that this Bills defense was a top 10 defense the last half of the season..  They had a bad game against Indy.  Do I think they'll have two bad games in a row?... No, I don't.  

On Offense, we've lit up a bunch of good defenses.  I'm sure our coaches will make the officials aware of their clutch/grab tendencies and we will have had another week for our WR's to get healthier.      

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope to see more Klein this week. 
He’s been effective playing around the line of scrimmage. He’s obviously not running dobbins or Lamar down but he’s quite good at filling holes in the run game. I know we don’t like running 3 linebackers but this would be a good week to start. Just me but I’d put Klein in the middle and mix milano and Edmunds between coverage and blitzes. I think we can all almost agree Baltimore is going to swallow Edmunds up immediately on most run plays. 

I also hope to see some McKenzie motion action this week. Our offense seems to work best when he’s moving all over the place pre snap 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I hope to see more Klein this week. 
He’s been effective playing around the line of scrimmage. He’s obviously not running dobbins or Lamar down but he’s quite good at filling holes in the run game. I know we don’t like running 3 linebackers but this would be a good week to start. Just me but I’d put Klein in the middle and mix milano and Edmunds between coverage and blitzes. I think we can all almost agree Baltimore is going to swallow Edmunds up immediately on most run plays. 

I also hope to see some McKenzie motion action this week. Our offense seems to work best when he’s moving all over the place pre snap 

Against the Pats and the 49ers they ran some 5-man line with Edmunds at one edge and Hughes at the other, and Klein in the middle. An alignment like that could be smart against the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

20 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I suppose this assumes none of these players re-injured themselves on Saturday.  I saw Beasley limping late in the game and assumed he'd be doubtful or at least questionable for this weekend.

I did notice that...i even think I heard the commentators mention that he had gone to the sideline and got his ankle taped at one point.  Since he played the rest of the game I assumed he was alright....hopefully everyone is ready to go Saturday, cause something in me says this is gonna be a fight til the final 00:00...