Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

our dline is by far the weakest link on the team and I really hope we assess it this off-season 

Ed Oliver has been really disappointing , and so have the FA’s Beane brought in 

The RPO is about angles and intelligence and making reads....sometimes luck. I'm not as worried about being overpowered. 

The LBs are more important than DL IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Felt pretty lukewarm about the Beasley signing when it went down, but he bet on himself that he would shine in an offense that let his skills do the talking and he's been 1000% right

He's not the strongest, or the tallest, or the biggest guy on the field but he's going to get open and catch the ball when it matters most.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

While I'm a nervous wreck about Saturday and PO'd at the Steelers, I have a little confidence for this reason: Everyone is talking up LaMar, Harbaugh and suddenly the Ravens are everyones darling. I'm down in NYC Metro area. That coupled with the Bills lukewarm performance Saturday has people here and nationally mouthing off with "Team of Destiny", "LaMar has arrived", "Bills very lucky" talk. Makes me feel like a bit of an underdog. Yes, Frank Reich made some brutal decisions, Yes the bend don't break D killed us, Yes Josh Allen carried the Bills.  Most people down here don't watch every game start to finish. I do. This is a very resilient team, and the staff has gotten better at making adjustments. I think you'll see a much better team performance on Saturday. I hope Dabol calls a better game and my biggest worry is the weather.

I was chatting up my son last night and made the following observations (which I fully recognize can be construed as homerism):

1.  Every week, I think this is the week that there is going to be some dip in Josh's game..  This is the week he's a little off.  But each week he throws one incredible throw after the next.  He's on fire and dropping dimes.

2.  We can get so enamored by the aura of the Ravens that we can lose focus on the fact they lost 6 games.  So they are not infallible.

3.  A controlled passing game can be just as effective as a controlled running game.  If this team can go on 10 play, 5m drives, they can be the ones wearing down the Ravens DLine.

4.  Why do we expect the Ravens will play a perfect game and we won't?  

5.  Josh Patrick Allen is a gamer.  He is a consummate pro.  And he doesn't like to lose at anything, not even rock, paper, scissors.

As the week goes on, I am feeling better about this match up.  It will be a slug fest no doubt.  But I saw what Mahomes did to their overpaid secondary and  I don't see why an arsenal of Diggs, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Brown, Knox, Singletary and Dawkins can't replicate that performance. 

What my eyes tell me is that Buffalo has a very special QB in the making.  He has "it".  We see "it".  The world is being treated to "it".  What better way to climb to the top of the QB mountain than on the path of Rivers, Jackson, Mahomes and Rodgers/Brady/Brees.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

While I'm a nervous wreck about Saturday and PO'd at the Steelers, I have a little confidence for this reason: Everyone is talking up LaMar, Harbaugh and suddenly the Ravens are everyones darling. I'm down in NYC Metro area. That coupled with the Bills lukewarm performance Saturday has people here and nationally mouthing off with "Team of Destiny", "LaMar has arrived", "Bills very lucky" talk. Makes me feel like a bit of an underdog. Yes, Frank Reich made some brutal decisions, Yes the bend don't break D killed us, Yes Josh Allen carried the Bills.  Most people down here don't watch every game start to finish. I do. This is a very resilient team, and the staff has gotten better at making adjustments. I think you'll see a much better team performance on Saturday. I hope Dabol calls a better game and my biggest worry is the weather.

Ahh, I think the Bills are a lot of people's darlings this year too.  Bill's fans are in a space they haven't been in for decades.  This team, all of them, seem to be in a very good place, mentally and emotionally.  They are cooking us up a fine meal Saturday night.  Have faith.

18 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

First time I read this I missed that little word "a".  This paragraph takes on a whole different meaning when you read it: "I have little confidence"and "I have a little confidence".  It's what makes English such a joy to learn.  My bad...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Ahh, I think the Bills are a lot of people's darlings this year too.  Bill's fans are in a space they haven't been in for decades.  This team, all of them, seem to be in a very good place, mentally and emotionally.  They are cooking us up a fine meal Saturday night.  Have faith.

Mmmmm....food!

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Last I saw, it's just a chance of flurries. Not supposed to be terrible out to my knowledge. Obviously that can change 

I think they will stick with Blue jerseys/white pants.  Haven't lost this season with combo yet.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, I am the egg man said:

Just hope the weather is decent. That notion let them come here to play in Jan. is so antiquated.

I just got on here to see what the weather was doing that is a big concern of mine man if it’s snowing and a nasty field that helps the ravens 1000% and since I only had to go down 3 post it’s everyone else concern too. GO BILLS

20 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Oh they are. But it amazing how quick the narrative changes when the Bills underacheive (That is, don't dominate and blow out teams like they did the past month ) and The Ravens get the monkey off their back with the Titans.  My take is...talk up Lamar all you want.  

Let the doubters and Raven bandwagon guys talk themselves out on Sports radio. I think we'll play a lot better. And we have Josh.

3 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I just got on here to see what the weather was doing that is a big concern of mine man if it’s snowing and a nasty field that helps the ravens 1000% and since I only had to go down 3 post it’s everyone else concern too. GO BILLS

If it's slippery, I'm not sure that it completely favors the Ravens and their quick-cutting ball carriers.

• Like (+1) 2