Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

I feel better about this game than Indy..... I just do

1) I think we will confuse LJax w coverage looks

2) I believe we’ll come out hot now that our playoff jitters are over

3) should be real blowout if we do get that early lead 
4) bring up Stills and go 5 wide, something that midigates their pass rush, opens up Allen scrabbles & gives them something they aren’t ready for

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hey-hey-Hey-Yey! Let’s Go Buffalo!

They May not have been here all season, but the Mafia was in mid-season form Saturday!

Chandler, you know I appreciate and respect the contribution you make to this board, but I have to ask, why show this stupidity?

I also wonder, based on the comments made by those at the game how Security was all over them about mask wearing, but I don't see one bit of movement from them in this video. Everyone one of these idiots should have been kicked out and have their  season tickets revoked. Just stupid!

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Odd thing I was just thinking of this this AM.  Bills Bend But Don't Break Defense. 

Maybe I sleep read the article ???  

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-bend-dont-break-defense-tested-ravens-210341471--nfl.html

Bills' bend-but-don't-break defense to be tested by Ravens

JOHN WAWROW (AP Sports Writer)

The Bills' defense held in a game the Colts enjoyed an eight-plus minute edge in time of possession, crossed midfield on all nine drives except for a kneel-down to end the first half, and generated 472 yards offense - the most by a losing team that didn't commit a turnover in NFL playoff history.

To Buffalo's credit, the defense stood its ground by limiting the Colts to two touchdowns on five trips inside the Bills 20.

KEY NUMBER

1-11 - The Bills had lost 11 straight, dating to 2016, when held to 26 or fewer minutes in time of possession before finishing with 25:43 against the Colts.

Something John may have overlooked in his Key # comment.  The Bills of the 90's trailed in the TOP often because they could score quickly.

Let the other team control the TOP as long as they don't score TD's while the Bills do.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I feel better about this game than Indy..... I just do

1) I think we will confuse LJax w coverage looks

2) I believe we’ll come out hot now that our playoff jitters are over

3) should be real blowout if we do get that early lead 
4) bring up Stills and go 5 wide, something that midigates their pass rush, opens up Allen scrabbles & gives them something they aren’t ready for

Agree on the jitters part. Now they can play loose and have fun with it. Josh is...in his own words....night and day from last season. Diggs is the X factor as always. Buffalo 31-24 and the dream stays alive. 

Edited by The Firebaugh Kid

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Agree on the jitters part. Now they can play loose and have fun with it. Josh is...in his own words....night and day from last season. Diggs is the X factor as always. Buffalo 31-24 and the dream stays alive. 

Agreed. The pressure of losing in the first round is over for both of these quarterbacks. We should see a great game and will no doubt be the best of the weekend.

...more importantly, that’s a Great username 👍 

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Can it just be Saturday already ... I was off work last week and had time to read/watch every single bit of analysis/build up and the week seemed to go so slowly.

Back to work this week, so thought to myself the week will go a bit quicker with distractions ... here I am though, ignoring work and knee deep in game build up again!

Feel a bit more nervous for this one compared to the Colts game, but I keep coming back to the very simplistic logic that:

1. We did a decent job on Lamar last time around (from memory, haven't went back and checked the stats) so can limit them points wise to a manageable degree.

2. We  have the QB and weapons to score points against anyone.

3. The playoff win jitters should be gone and we can play loose.

Go Bills, can't wait.

Edited by NI Bills Fan

15 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I have a little more confidence in the Bills chances against the Ravens than many here.  I think they just need to go out and execute their game plan on offense and let the Ravens defense worry about how to defend it.  And on defense they had a decent strategy last time they played, losing 24-17 mainly because the Bills offense was ineffective.  That has changed since.

I was watching ESPN First Take and they were talking about the Bills/Ravens and Stephan A. Smith didn't give the Bills much of a chance against the Ravens.  Citing their defensive stats and Jackson's ability in Roman's system.  And citing their surge down the stretch.  But who did they beat?  They had one quality win against the Browns plus wins against the Cowboys, Jaguars, Giants, and Bengals.  Hardly a "murderers row" of good opponents.  Plus on Saturday a game against a Titans team that just looked flat after the 1st quarter.  If the Bills bring the house here I can see them coming out on top. 

Steven A is a basketball guy. I can get why he is into Balt. Jackson is electric and can take over games in a kind of Jordan esque way. Balt is old school , tough, and a playoff regular with a championship coach.

Tough to predict, Titans handled this team during the regular season, last years playoffs...then Balr wins.

Here is my sick stat;

Buffalo is 7-0 versus the top 10 defenses this year, including playoffs.

Then if we factor how many times this year Balt gave up 400 plus yards, i think we will move the ball on this defense.

Buff played a brutal schedule. I mean we played most of the top defenses, so i think we will be prepared.

• Like (+1) 2

Needed the Ref to step in and call that one  ;)

The guy in the black destroyed him ;) 

Let this be a lesson to all visiting team fans....if we treat each other like this....think whats going to happen to you ;) 

55 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Odd thing I was just thinking of this this AM.  Bills Bend But Don't Break Defense. 

Maybe I sleep read the article ???  

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-bend-dont-break-defense-tested-ravens-210341471--nfl.html

Bills' bend-but-don't-break defense to be tested by Ravens

JOHN WAWROW (AP Sports Writer)

The Bills' defense held in a game the Colts enjoyed an eight-plus minute edge in time of possession, crossed midfield on all nine drives except for a kneel-down to end the first half, and generated 472 yards offense - the most by a losing team that didn't commit a turnover in NFL playoff history.

To Buffalo's credit, the defense stood its ground by limiting the Colts to two touchdowns on five trips inside the Bills 20.

KEY NUMBER

1-11 - The Bills had lost 11 straight, dating to 2016, when held to 26 or fewer minutes in time of possession before finishing with 25:43 against the Colts.

Something John may have overlooked in his Key # comment.  The Bills of the 90's trailed in the TOP often because they could score quickly.

Let the other team control the TOP as long as they don't score TD's while the Bills do.  

The Bills need TOP to be closer this week or the D risks getting gassed by the Ravens run game.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

They should he pissed for the way they played. 

Gave up 10 points through 3 quarters. Held a guy who runs all over teams the last half of the season to like 3.5 ypc on over 20 attempts. 

Indy got a bunch of yards after we went into a prevent D (soft cover 2 zone) when we went up 24-10, and they ripped off a few big runs because we gave it to them. We had a two possession lead until 6 minutes left - and a huge communication breakdown led to their get close TD by their TE. 

Im sorry but I dont think our defense had a bad game. Even for all of our 3rd down trouble. I would say we should have never went into that soft zone when we went up two scores, but that was a coaching call and not on our players. They played a really good team, really tough for 3 quarters. 

Some of ya'll are a trip. 

39 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Steven A is a basketball guy. I can get why he is into Balt. Jackson is electric and can take over games in a kind of Jordan esque way. Balt is old school , tough, and a playoff regular with a championship coach.

Tough to predict, Titans handled this team during the regular season, last years playoffs...then Balr wins.

Here is my sick stat;

Buffalo is 7-0 versus the top 10 defenses this year, including playoffs.

Then if we factor how many times this year Balt gave up 400 plus yards, i think we will move the ball on this defense.

Buff played a brutal schedule. I mean we played most of the top defenses, so i think we will be prepared.

Stephen A also had the audacity to talk about the BILLS' opposition down the stretch without mentioning who the Ravens got to play. The Bills beat far better teams by greater margins.

I just feel like margin for error against the Bills is really small right now, kind of like the Chiefs or Packers. None of those teams have a dominant defense, bend but don't break. But, as the Colts found out, you can't make mistakes and you'd better get TDs and keep getting them. Because with Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen they'll always be in the game. It will take a near perfect game for the Ravens to beat the Bills. I'd also add that the Colts game (unlike the 90 Bills) helped with the humble and hungry mentality.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I just feel like margin for error against the Bills is really small right now, kind of like the Chiefs or Packers. None of those teams have a dominant defense, bend but don't break. But, as the Colts found out, you can't make mistakes and you'd better get TDs and keep getting them. Because with Mahomes, Rodgers and Allen they'll always be in the game. It will take a near perfect game for the Ravens to beat the Bills.

I'm praying that Jackson tries to pretend he's a QB again and uncork an underthrown duck to the middle of the field.

Just now, Boxcar said:

I'm praying that Jackson tries to pretend he's a QB again and uncork an underthrown duck to the middle of the field.

If you're the Ravens you are praying they don't fall behind early. Something like an opening TD drive by the Bills, and then a turnover short field TD for the Bills is their nightmare scenario.