Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was one of our Achilles Heels last year.  Wink Martindale saw that Allen struggled to throw deep and the Bills couldn't run a screen pass to save their lives so we had no solutions to Cover 0.  When it wasn't Cover 0 that disguised/delayed blitz or "amoeba" front that NE and Miami and AZ all ran against us (or sometimes both).  Even when Allen solved it, it slowed his processing and allowed their pressure time to get home.

I think things may be different this year.

One of the things that Baltimore did was to knock Smoke off his routes.  They are physical and grabby all the way down the field because they know it won't always be called.  I think (maybe I just hope) that Diggs and Davis are different players to try that against.

We left a TON of points on the field last time...Josh missed 3 or 4 wide open deep ball TDs early in the game 

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they want to win they better.... Defense was awful Sunday and we’ve seen spurts of that awful play over the course of the season. Won’t be good enough against the Ravens or even KC if they get there...

Just couldn't get third down stops...I've never seen anything like it.  First and second down we were winning most of the game 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, spartacus said:

average drive start in first half was the 8

main reason the offense was not opened up

3 hours ago, wjag said:

Yep..  That was the worst they have had it all season.  Punts would just die inside the 10.  Roberts gets nailed on the 10 after their TD.  Have to go on a 96 yard drive to flip the field and the momentum.  I said in another thread, the Ravens have an exceptional kicking team.  This may just be the game within the game.

Between McKenzie vs. Miami and then Robert’s really doing a bad job on both returning and deciding when to bring it out, I am not sure what exactly we gain by reserving that KR/PR spot heading into next season. 

McKenzie has at least proven to have more tools in the tool box and fills in comparably to Robert’s. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kangaxx said:

Seems like hardly anyone on this forum thinks we're going to win. I think we have a pretty good team.

I think we overreact based on the previous game assuming our team will play exactly the same...and we don't apply this rule to our opponent lol lamar threw one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen last week where he missed his receiver in single coverage by a mile.  If he's gonna be that shakey dropping balls into tight windows we will destroy them 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Kangaxx said:

Seems like hardly anyone on this forum thinks we're going to win. I think we have a pretty good team.

Meh, we are Debbie downers when the team plays poorly, and SB champs when they play well. 

Doesn’t matter if it’s a 6-10 season or the divisional round in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Between McKenzie vs. Miami and then Robert’s really doing a bad job on both returning and deciding when to bring it out, I am not sure what exactly we gain by reserving that KR/PR spot heading into next season. 

McKenzie has at least proven to have more tools in the tool box and fills in comparably to Robert’s. 

If you ignore 15 games and look at two, you’re correct.  Also Barkley scored as much against Miami as Josh  so why pay Josh when we can get Matt cheap?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The Bills played below par on offense and scored 27 against a good defense. The Bills defense played below their level as of late and the game got tight. This is a close matchup as reflected by the line, but I don’t think the Colts game has much to do with the next one. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Thanks for sharing. That was my video I took. Although it would've been even better if I would've had my camera that I usually bring. 

4 hours ago, Figster said:

Edited by Mike32282
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Bills played below par on offense and scored 27 against a good defense. The Bills defense played below their level as of late and the game got tight. This is a close matchup as reflected by the line, but I don’t think the Colts game has much to do with the next one. 

I'm not sure we played too far below par on offense.  Points are going to come at a premium for the rest of this trip.  Some points could come from special teams (getting our O better field position, or even running a kick back) or from our D (getting us better field position, turnovers or even scoring).

I guess we can expect our O to do more.  I'm just not too sure they can.  I want our D and special teams to play better than they did on Saturday (except for TBass; this kid is rockin it).

Good article on Ravens’ defense. I am still looking for something that breaks them down more specifically— but this highlights their diversity of looks and aggressiveness generally:

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2020/12/theyre-unpredictable-baltimore-ravens-defense-leaves-coaches-around-the-nfl-guessing.html

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Here’s my question... are the Titans better than the Colts? 

Cause we and the Ravens both won close games last week, but the Ravens stock seems to be up and ours down...?

I think they’re even on offense and Indy is better on D.  We match up much better with the Ravens in cold weather than the Colts last week.  You’re not going to confuse Rivers with scheme.  We have to play disciplined though.  I don’t see a lot of blitzing, honestly.  I think we roll out an amoeba type D.   

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think we overreact based on the previous game assuming our team will play exactly the same...and we don't apply this rule to our opponent lol lamar threw one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen last week where he missed his receiver in single coverage by a mile.  If he's gonna be that shakey dropping balls into tight windows we will destroy them 

That INT was inconsequential though. Whenever you throw a 40-yard pick from your own end and the defense gets it between their own  20-30 yard line , it’s basically a punt. Those are turnovers you can always live with. It wasn’t a bad pass into the flat that flipped the field or resulted in a pick six.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Here’s my question... are the Titans better than the Colts? 

Cause we and the Ravens both won close games last week, but the Ravens stock seems to be up and ours down...?

Ravens are the "it" team.  They were so good last year, and completely flopped in the playoffs.  Then that flop extended into this year.  Then they won their last five, and now they are "back" as the team that was touted last year in beating their nemesis Tennessee, with Jackson as the second coming once again.  The team is still flawed as they are not built to pass or come from behind.  Yesterday was the first time Jackson rallied them from a 10 point deficit.  Get these guys behind and they will be in trouble.  If it's close, they can hang with anyone.  But that is the narrative IMO.